IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

20 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Being rewarded with a few performances from the players would be enough, following bristol city isnt a cheap thing to do 

3% rise is to cover the fact bristol sport are spending how much across 3 sports and rebuilding everything 

I hear this a lot. Cheap, no, but what comparable activity is?

A 46 game season ticket provides 34.5 hours of entertainment in an impressive and large modern arena with excellent facilities and a great view.

What entertainment could you buy for around £400 that would be better value?

25 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Being rewarded with a few performances from the players would be enough, following bristol city isnt a cheap thing to do 

3% rise is to cover the fact bristol sport are spending how much across 3 sports and rebuilding everything 

Not sure what other sports have to do with it. 
The football clubs wage bill has gone up from £27.2m in 17/18 to £30.6m in 18/19 and will likely be higher again for 19/20. 
Are you expecting this to come from SL’s pockets alone? 

Watching Bristol City, you say, isn’t a cheap thing to do. 
I’d politely disagree. £15 per match is the best ticket you can get. That’s great value. 
If you want to go back to playing football, which is of course your absolute right, you’ll be paying what, £5 per week subs? Minimum. Plus £30 signing on? 

Pop to the movies on a Saturday afternoon instead. £11.60 I believe. Then chuck another £10 in for a drink and popcorn. 

Take the wife out to the zoo for the afternoon perhaps? £18 for you. Another £18 for her. 

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pop to the movies on a Saturday afternoon instead. £11.60 I believe. Then chuck another £10 in for a drink and popcorn. 

That will probably be cheaper than Ashton Gate tbf!!!

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

Ok, we are polar opposites, but all you seem to put is "league position" and that is it. You have now quoted this season being 13th at home in the league table so that is fine and said anyone who says how awful we are "are not aware of the facts",  but I have pointed out the facts and who we have beat, which is a very fair point imo. 

How can you disagree with the fact of being 19th in the home league last year?

Goals against being very low?

This season only beating pretty poor opposition?

Gaining nothing against any top teams at home?

In your opinion what games have been entertaining in the last 40 home games? Or even just this season as we are 13th in the table for home form?

We haven’t played 3 of the 6 teams above us at home yet, so I think to criticise us not taking any points from those games is a tad harsh...! 
We’ve lost 2 of the 3 that we have played & drawn through other. 
Surely that just means we aren’t quite as good as them, yet. Hence why they are above us..! 

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We haven’t played 3 of the 6 teams above us at home yet, so I think to criticise us not taking any points from those games is a tad harsh...! 
We’ve lost 2 of the 3 that we have played & drawn through other. 
Surely that just means we aren’t quite as good as them, yet. Hence why they are above us..! 

Top half table at the moment we have played Leeds, Brentford, Forest, Blackburn, Millwall and Swansea so 6 out of the 11 - we have got 2 points from those games.

It seems we just get turned over regularly at home by the top teams, and over the last couple of seasons the poorer teams we have beat we seem to generally grind out a win. To be 19th in the home league table after 23 games last season is pretty poor for a team finishing in the top half, and only gaining 13 points from the 11 teams that finished in the top half.

Value for money and entertainment is obviously subjective, (definitely will be different for people who go as a family, or the same group of mates who have their day out). But I certainly just don't seen any of it at this current time. We have the best Stadium and infrastructure we have ever had, along with the best squad of players (imo) we have had in my time being a supporter since the 80s. Yet I have never been less excited to go to home games. Hopefully that changes and my mind will soon be swayed to get back down there regularly, but at the moment I would rather spend my time and money elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Top half table at the moment we have played Leeds, Brentford, Forest, Blackburn, Millwall and Swansea so 6 out of the 11 - we have got 2 points from those games.

It seems we just get turned over regularly at home by the top teams, and over the last couple of seasons the poorer teams we have beat we seem to generally grind out a win. To be 19th in the home league table after 23 games last season is pretty poor for a team finishing in the top half, and only gaining 13 points from the 11 teams that finished in the top half.

Value for money and entertainment is obviously subjective, (definitely will be different for people who go as a family, or the same group of mates who have their day out). But I certainly just don't seen any of it at this current time. We have the best Stadium and infrastructure we have ever had, along with the best squad of players (imo) we have had in my time being a supporter since the 80s. Yet I have never been less excited to go to home games. Hopefully that changes and my mind will soon be swayed to get back down there regularly, but at the moment I would rather spend my time and money elsewhere.

***REMINDER***

You are following BRISTOL CITY

This is actually pretty good times for Bristol City.

95% of our history, it has been worse than this!!

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

***REMINDER***

You are following BRISTOL CITY

This is actually pretty good times for Bristol City.

95% of our history, it has been worse than this!!

As a club yes I cannot agree more, performance and entertainment wise at home games for me it certainly isn't.

Two season ago I was buzzing on a Saturday morning for the home games, we had an identity with aggressive high pressing, and exciting football. I could see what the plan was and what we were trying to achieve, a couple of quality additions in the summer and we could have been a major force the next season with some tweaks here and there in our tactics. Now I just don't have a clue what the "identity" is!!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

***** IN YOUR OPINION *****

Overall experience far more important than a League position for many 

Ohhhh so, you'd rather be in league two, but playing good football????

I reckon you and wood red would be the first to complain and give up your season tickets.

Its not always possible to play good football at this high level. Not for a club like ours

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Ohhhh so, you'd rather be in league two, but playing good football????

I reckon you and wood red would be the first to complain and give up your season tickets.

Its not always possible to play good football at this high level. Not for a club like ours

I’ve watched us at Northampton at the bottom of fourth and at Old Trafford in the first so I think I’ve got a wide menu to look back on

I certainly don’t need a 5 min superfan like you to tell me   

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve watched us at Northampton at the bottom of fourth and at Old Trafford in the first so I think I’ve got a wide menu to look back on

I'm no superfan. I dont think i'm better than any other fan

But If you have been there thru the bad times, why are you moaning about things now??

We are a club on the up... not languishing in the lower end of the football pyramid! Crowds are up. We keep producing Premier league players.

Our home form may be terrible, but our away form is terrific.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

....and you’ve got more posts than him ???

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I'm no superfan. I dont think i'm better than any other fan

But If you have been there thru the bad times, why are you moaning about things now??

We are a club on the up... not languishing in the lower end of the football pyramid! Crowds are up. We keep producing Premier league players.

Our home form may be terrible, but our away form is terrific.

The thread is about HOME Season tickers 

The match Day experience is poor IMO and the football , entertainment from our side poor for two years

The vast majority of entertaining or enterprising football has come from the opposition

Think you may want to try and understand that different categories and groups of fans priorities are different , and also change in many of our cases over the years 

A reasonable level of enterprise and entertainment would be good. 

Some interesting opinions even from some who arnt even season ticket holders....

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The thread is about HOME Season tickers 

The match Day experience is poor IMO and the football , entertainment from our side poor for two years

The vast majority of entertaining or enterprising football has come from the opposition

Think you may want to try and understand that different categories and groups of fans priorities are different , and also change in many of our cases over the years 

A reasonable level of enterprise and entertainment would be good. 

Some interesting opinions even from some who arnt even season ticket holders....

I'm not a 5 minute fan. First game was in 1994. And i am a season ticket holder. Not sure it matters tho.

Archived