IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I wonder how entertained Leeds fans were when they lost at home to Wigan, for the second season running, or they only drew at home with little old Preston, or threw away a 3-0 lead to a ten-man Cardiff?

Or how entertaining an afternoon those at Craven Cottage had going down 3-0 at home to Barnsley and Hull, and losing to lowly Bristol City of all people.

Meanwhile at The Hawthorns, I'm sure the Baggies faithful were thrilled at the likes of Stoke, Barnsley, Millwall and Charlton taking points off of them. But wait, it's only Bristol City that can't beat 'teams like those' isn't it?

It's easy to think everyone else is playing amazing football and getting brilliant results all the time and we're the only ones who don't, or the only ones who don't get the results on paper that we should, but the reality is something quite different. 

Yeah watching Leeds having 20+ shots most games and playing lovely slick one touch, quick high pressing football is boring. That is exactly the same as watching us down the gate (Jesus wept). 

We have been bored stiff for 2 seasons now!!

Fulham at times are exciting (and inconsistent) as are West Brom who have been involved in some very entertaining games. You are picking out the odd result (and not the actual game itself and overall season that could be entertaining).

Anyway I am off to play snooker - 120 minutes for a tenner. Value For Money.....

41 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Yeah watching Leeds having 20+ shots most games and playing lovely slick one touch, quick high pressing football is boring. That is exactly the same as watching us down the gate (Jesus wept). 

We have been bored stiff for 2 seasons now!!

Fulham at times are exciting (and inconsistent) as are West Brom who have been involved in some very entertaining games. You are picking out the odd result (and not the actual game itself and overall season that could be entertaining).

Anyway I am off to play snooker - 120 minutes for a tenner. Value For Money.....

If Leeds are having “20+ shots most games” then their shooting must be abysmal - they’ve scored a goal less than us at home.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If Leeds are having “20+ shots most games” then their shooting must be abysmal - they’ve scored a goal less than us at home.

It’s also not true. They’ve averaged 17 shots per game to our ‘abysmal’ 12. 

And the league average is......12

• Admin
26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s also not true. They’ve averaged 17 shots per game to our ‘abysmal’ 12. 

And the league average is......12

@BRISTOL86 interesting to read, is this available home Vs away too please?

On the basis that many games we have had less than 3 shots on target to get an average of 12 we must have had some high attacking games?

Are the shots on target per game available anywhere (without having to check each game individually)

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I'll be renewing. £400 is good value to allow me to sit in the cold on an uncomfortable plastic seat and seethe and mutter obscenities at our squad of bedwetting chokers.

To be fair £400 for bed wetting and choking is pretty good. You normally have to pay top whack for that.  

7 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Just under £20 a game for Premier League football.

An absolute bargain if you ask me.

Yes Chazza lad. 

Not sure what to do next season to be honest.

My dad took me to the Gate as a youngster and I have returned the honour for the last 20 years or so. I enjoy the time with my dad, it's our 'thing' I suppose.

Dear old dad is now 85 and said he probably won't be renewing. At his age, I guess sitting in a cold stand on a freezing Tuesday isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

I'll probably wait and move seats, unless dad changes his mind but won't sit in the same seat without him.

I'm a bit gutted TBH. :(

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

My dad took me to the Gate as a youngster and I have returned the honour for the last 20 years or so. I enjoy the time with my dad, it's our 'thing' I suppose.

Dear old dad is now 85 and said he probably won't be renewing. At his age, I guess sitting in a cold stand on a freezing Tuesday isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

I'll probably wait and move seats, unless dad changes his mind but won't sit in the same seat without him.

Hot water bottle and a flask to top it up?

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Buy the ticket for him?  Most matches are on a Saturday, and who knows we might be in the Prem ?

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Price increases were inevitable, and I think that they have got it pretty much spot on this year.

Modest increase, of course we would all love cheaper football, but if we are going to be a club that can afford the wages of someone like Kalas, the money needs to come from somewhere.

£529 for me and £414 for my old man, I can live with that, although I might have to call time on the luxury that has been the Hot Chocolate with a slug of Bailey's in it, at £4.50 a time, a crack cocaine habit would likely be cheaper.

Shhhhhhh, nobody knows about this?

I sit in the south stand and its very easy to justify and say that its only 3% increase this year.. but over the seasons that soon adds up... It was about £300(?) in the Atyeo meaning it's now about £60 more expensive for me than then. I'm lucky I haven't felt the pinch over that time and obviously facilities have vastly improved...  but when you say it like that.... £60 is £60!

However, It is imo great value for money for people who can attend every game.... I'm just going to have to think about it.

Personal situation regarding travelling for work and family has changed along with date/ko moves means that i'm attending less and less home games. I used to be able to attend 16/17 games a season so it still worked out value for money and ensured I could sit with my mates. This season I am hopeful that I will make 8 to 10 games in total.... If we go up I will be lucky to make any thanks to sky!!

I'll probably renew though - worth it just for the look on peoples faces when I tell them I'm a season ticket holder that lives in Manchester...  Most think I'm insane.

4 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I sit in the south stand and its very easy to justify and say that its only 3% increase this year.. but over the seasons that soon adds up... It was about £300(?) in the Atyeo meaning it's now about £60 more expensive for me than then. I'm lucky I haven't felt the pinch over that time and obviously facilities have vastly improved...  but when you say it like that.... £60 is £60!

However, It is imo great value for money for people who can attend every game.... I'm just going to have to think about it.

Personal situation regarding travelling for work and family has changed along with date/ko moves means that i'm attending less and less home games. I used to be able to attend 16/17 games a season so it still worked out value for money and ensured I could sit with my mates. This season I am hopeful that I will make 8 to 10 games in total.... If we go up I will be lucky to make any thanks to sky!!

I'll probably renew though - worth it just for the look on peoples faces when I tell them I'm a season ticket holder that lives in Manchester...  Most think I'm insane.

How long does it take from Manchester?

On 19/02/2020 at 08:36, Robbored said:

Obviously I’ll renew - it’s a no brainier for me, 

Only once in the decades that I’ve had a SC have I considered not renewing but I just couldn’t do it. The dross at the time was so dreary and dull that I wasn’t sure that I could watch another season of the shite but I stuck with and luckily the manager was sacked that season.

Have you heard something im hoping for???

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How long does it take from Manchester?

To drive - its 3 hours 10 mins each way from my front door to BS3.

From Manchester Picc to TM the train takes 3 hours each way. But obviously that doesn't include the time to get to the stations from my house/the gate and vice versa. 

To be fair the most expensive bit of me having a season ticket is actually getting to the game!

Archived