IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

45 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Talking of averages, the "price per game" quoted seems to be in anticipation of another season in the Championship.

A South Stand adult season card = £366 or £16 per game would become £19.26 in the Premier league.

image.thumb.png.3d559c4ace00a7a3cc323075426af52a.png

Ha! I think that’s pretty standard fare and they’re never going to use a denominator in a sales pitch that makes it more expensive per game!

I think we’d all be happy with the extra £3.26 should a miracle occur :) 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Completely agree with you there. But I think a lot of teams will say the same (Leeds anyone?!) and it’s symptomatic of both the competitiveness of the championship and the fact that we aren’t quite there yet in terms of being an established force at that end of the table. 

But if the league finished today, it’s baffling to me that some will just flatly refuse to see our progress when we’ll have finished 11th, 8th and 7th.

Of course, that doesn’t preclude questions being asked about whether we should have done more. 

I think you’re right and I was going say that I’m sure all clubs could say the same.

I just think that when you’re trying to explain the frustrations of some city fans, or the continual debate that goes on, this feeling of did we ‘progress’ or did we ‘fall away’ is often at the heart of it.

Both views are subjective of course, it’s just a shame it’s caused a lot of division.

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I think you’re right and I was going say that I’m sure all clubs could say the same.

I just think that when you’re trying to explain the frustrations of some city fans, or the continual debate that goes on, this feeling of did we ‘progress’ or did we ‘fall away’ is often at the heart of it.

Both views are subjective of course, it’s just a shame it’s caused a lot of division.

Agreed. Personally I think if it wasn’t Lee Johnson it’d be a different attitude.

For whatever reason he really does divide the fan base, I can’t ever remember so many personal insults being levelled at a manager, let alone one that’s consistently had us challenging in the right half of this league. 

It’s quite ironic to me that a few years ago it was commonly mooted on here about what a great role mode club Brighton were for us - sustainable building through gradual continuous improvement in both on and off pitch affairs. And now that we’re doing exactly that it’s not good enough. 

Football eh!

25 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ha! I think that’s pretty standard fare and they’re never going to use a denominator in a sales pitch that makes it more expensive per game!

I think we’d all be happy with the extra £3.26 should a miracle occur :) 

If we do finish top 6, you watch them roll out 'the last remaining season tickets' - only available to customers who sign up for a 3 year deal and at a price that'll make everyone else think they have a bargain!

You'll have armchair supporters dragging themselves off their DFS sofas to invest on the off chance they get to watch a load of players I've never heard of play 'in the flesh'.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Excellent. 
So you will watch YOUR team play away but won’t be watching YOUR team play at home. 
Thanks for your financial contribution to YOUR team of £0. 

Agreed. You should support your local team. Through thick and thin. That of course means a financial commitment/support. And a season ticket is the most viable option. A bit like a marriage I guess. For better for worse. Maybe that's why there are so many divorces in this country - "Ah the entertainment value just isn't there any more!"

5 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Agreed. You should support your local team. Through thick and thin. That of course means a financial commitment/support. And a season ticket is the most viable option. A bit like a marriage I guess. For better for worse. Maybe that's why there are so many divorces in this country - "Ah the entertainment value just isn't there any more!"

Yep! Just had to divorce the wife, she just wasn’t fun anymore,well having said that she was fun but in a strange way.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

If we do finish top 6, you watch them roll out 'the last remaining season tickets' - only available to customers who sign up for a 3 year deal and at a price that'll make everyone else think they have a bargain!

You'll have armchair supporters dragging themselves off their DFS sofas to invest on the off chance they get to watch a load of players I've never heard of play 'in the flesh'.

Many a true word spoke in this post 

6 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

The corporate 'suits at the club will love reading this....automaton's following blindly along into file....

It's no wonder they treat their "customers" like shite.......

This is true for a percentage of STH's, but clearly from this thread not all.

Most on OTIB will genuinely consider themselves CTID but there is a breaking point when dissatisfaction and frustration with the fare on offer becomes almost constant and long term. At that stage many will at least contemplate not renewing.

People point out that many other clubs have scored less at home than City, or won less games, or whatever, and make the point the Championship is such a competitive league we should be more than satisfied with our league position and not have great expectations to be entertained.

I'm beginning to wonder, when the entertainment and excitement factors are regularly so low - and not just at AG - whether the Championship is not the great league we are continually told but has simply become a boring league for the fans of the majority of clubs.

Afaic. matches at AG are too often dull, whether it be style of football on offer, lack of goalmouth incidents and shots, or 2 fairly teams negative teams cancelling each other out.

We gush about a game like Derby where we leave AG feeling thoroughly entertained partly because it is so unusual. When the dust has settled we wonder why we can't have that level of entertainment and excitement a bit more often.

To me it comes down to the 'automatons' not being the loyal fans who renew always hoping for better, but the modern managers and players. Managers fill their teams with great athletes conditioned to put the miles in, and their managers' plan into action, but individuality and outstanding footballers being largely stifled.

As fans we have a huge emotional investment in watching City so it's not something we will give up easily. I don't know what the answer is but it seems we may have to lower expectations and accept that watching modern football generally is simply not as interesting or exciting as it used to be.

I'll be renewing (and earlier than last year when I prevaricated and ended up paying more) but it's not with any great sense of enthusiasm.

For me it's almost despite what's on offer, along with the fervent hope that, surely, it has to get better with a higher percentage of enjoyable games..

I think the club may discover however that when they count up renewals many disenchanted fans will not be so patient.

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not sure what to do next season to be honest.

My dad took me to the Gate as a youngster and I have returned the honour for the last 20 years or so. I enjoy the time with my dad, it's our 'thing' I suppose.

Dear old dad is now 85 and said he probably won't be renewing. At his age, I guess sitting in a cold stand on a freezing Tuesday isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

I'll probably wait and move seats, unless dad changes his mind but won't sit in the same seat without him.

I'm a bit gutted TBH. :(

I would do what Bob suggested and pick a couple of hospitality games, he will defo look forward to even a couple per season.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Wood Red & Brizzle Red. 
Genuine question, and one which I’m not wishing to judge or criticise you, but I am intrigued :

I know it’s still rather unlikely, but IF, and I mean big IF, we were to make the playoffs and somehow win it, and miraculously be in the Premier League next season, would you regret not having renewed? 

Is the entertainment value just one which you can’t stomach at top 10 championship level, or would you happily still pay for a season ticket if we were a pragmatic Prem team, say, in the Burnley mould - ie not providing great entertainment but achieving decent enough results and being competitive. 

If we got to the Prem I honestly probably would regret it, but the sad thing is that it would be more about us playing the very top sides rather than 'us' being a Prem side, also if I didn't have a season ticket I couldn't visit the stadiums I haven't been to as I wouldn't be able to get a ticket. The playoff season in the Championship I went to nearly every away game and it was one memorable season, had a buzz before every game etc. I would pay double to have that 'buzz' back. It wasn't far off a couple of seasons ago with some of the football we played up until January, and I thought what a force we could become playing like that with a deeper squad. It is now the polar opposite (football wise).

On your second point, no I wouldn't want to play "effective" non entertaining football to just be/stay in the Prem. I just do not see how that is enjoyable at all.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Completely agree with you there. But I think a lot of teams will say the same (Leeds anyone?!) and it’s symptomatic of both the competitiveness of the championship and the fact that we aren’t quite there yet in terms of being an established force at that end of the table. 

But if the league finished today, it’s baffling to me that some will just flatly refuse to see our progress when we’ll have finished 11th, 8th and 7th.

Of course, that doesn’t preclude questions being asked about whether we should have done more. 

Who are flatly refusing to see progress in the League position?? Some are just not seeing that progress as entertaining.

On that note we may as well just go and get Warnock and it would get us a higher finish again - that may then become excellent progress in your eyes but it certainly wouldn't be in mine, or many others.

As in Brentford taking just 2 more points than us, you do realise the players they lost in the summer? They didn't start the season flying, but still tried to play the same style football (the identity) with new players in the team, they have gradually improved throughout the season and dished out some hammerings and some very good performances (albeit they have still been inconsistent). I would rather watch that style personally, and have some highs and lows but where you can see what they are trying to do on the pitch - they are now reaping the rewards.

It may well be a results driven business, but at what cost? LJ had us playing some of the best football I have seen 2 years ago, but now I just do not see what the plan is at all, bar grinding out odd goal wins with overall pretty boring football and the odd bit of skill from Eliasson. Take Eliasson out and where would we be, that maybe hypothetical, but there is a very good chance he will gone at the end of the summer too imo. Then what is the plan on the pitch?

4 hours ago, citymum said:

Football is live though so I think it would be more appropriate to compare ticket prices with what you would pay for a theatre or concert ticket. Football is pretty reasonable in comparison to those. 

Don't I know, it many years ago my wife bought tickets to see Mary Poppins at the Bristol Hippodrome, I casually asked her how much were the tickets? she ummed and ahhed and said £68 pounds I said that's not too bad, then the killer blow, EACH!! so yes going by that city are a bargain.

• Admin
6 hours ago, citymum said:

Football is live though so I think it would be more appropriate to compare ticket prices with what you would pay for a theatre or concert ticket. Football is pretty reasonable in comparison to those. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Don't I know, it many years ago my wife bought tickets to see Mary Poppins at the Bristol Hippodrome, I casually asked her how much were the tickets? she ummed and ahhed and said £68 pounds I said that's not too bad, then the killer blow, EACH!! so yes going by that city are a bargain.

@citymum / @pillred I get your points above, BUT you are comparing a top end show against a mid table second tier football side

Top football tickers are well in the three figures - this is what should be compared to a top show

I don't mean this in any derogatory way to the people involved in this play, but this play is a decent standard and compare the price of this to going to Ashton Gate. . .

image.png 

2 hours ago, pillred said:

Hope she broke that news to you whilst feeding you some sugar.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

The prices are out but do you think people will hold on to see if there is a change in manager before purchasing ?

I think a lot people have come to the end of supporting LJ and the bland football we have to suffer watching at BS3

I think that will only be a minority, to be fair bland football at the gate is not rare!

4 minutes ago, adamski said:

I think that will only be a minority, to be fair bland football at the gate is not rare!

No true but it seems to be getting worse I expected to lose today WBA are a good side however we have been awful at home for 2 seasons now and i believe the squad is good enough (bar a quality tough midfielder) its just the manager and coaches need to be changed

6 minutes ago, westonred said:

No true but it seems to be getting worse I expected to lose today WBA are a good side however we have been awful at home for 2 seasons now and i believe the squad is good enough (bar a quality tough midfielder) its just the manager and coaches need to be changed

Agreed. 

I just want to see some flair, fight and endeavour.....and I just don’t, EVER.

Diedhiou,again, was the only one to emerge with any credit.

2 minutes ago, adamski said:

Sorry, over the 44 years I’ve held my season ticket bland has, very much, been served up on a regular basis !

Yeah me too nearly 50 for me, i know we have see some rubbish in the past but this compares with the worst, even bottom of the old 4th Div we put up a decent fight against teams. Perhaps we just expect to much and have to resign ourselves that we are a mid-table championship team

21 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Don’t bother then! Watch from the radio(!!) and still slate everything that’s going on at Ashton Gate. New stadium - development - squad development - you’ll be asking for Warnock next. Money doesn’t grow on trees - ask Man City and FFP. 

I'm very happy with what is going on behind the scenes DS the stadium, new Training ground, proposed  new sports Arena. I am just not happy with the way the football is going and think we are very poor at home. If you are happy with what you are currently watching then fair play to you. I want, and feel us long suffering supporters deserve more but carry on Happy clapping and we wont get anywhere 

I remember the magic of the Walshy shuffle, the way Super Bob’s thighs used to flex, Smudger tormenting Ian Alexander, Scotty and Goodridge Etc...

Day’s long gone, players long gone.

Nostalgia is all very well, but in the sterile atmosphere of Ashton Gate at the moment, I fear that the days of enjoying football are gone.

The players are scared to play football. Constrained by systems they don’t understand, and afraid to make a mistake.

No flair, no fight, no desire.

Archived