IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

Putting manager, home performances, match day experience, price etc aside..... I genuinely do not look forward to my Saturday football like I used to. I can’t put a finger on why. Whether it’s a combination of some or all of the above? Or external factors meaning I would just rather spend my time and money elsewhere?

I’m really struggling to make a decision on next season. 

2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Don’t bother then! Watch from the radio(!!) and still slate everything that’s going on at Ashton Gate. New stadium - development - squad development - you’ll be asking for Warnock next. Money doesn’t grow on trees - ask Man City and FFP. 

Yeah, and who gets the profits from the events, gigs,  - in fact everything non BCFC related?

You think SL is building all this because he loves you and wants to tickle your tummy and give you nice things?

He will make an absolute fortune from the offices, 200 residential units, multi-function arena and shops being built.

The off field income at AG is going up exponentially due to the facilities, or did you think the bars, conference, events, wedding areas, were all for Football matches only.

Then add the hundreds of millions SL will make when AV is re-zoned this/next year.

BCFC is a tax-loss toy for a rich family now.

SL could put another £200 million in and still make 10 times that in profit out of THE WHOLE DEAL.

The amount of people who just cannot grasp that BCFC is a plaything to amuse the Lansdown Family whilst they took over absolutely everything from the old club to develop as a multi-billion £ commercial/residential/entertainment project is astounding.

City,Bears and Flyers are just 3 shiny things for SL to chat about during meetings.

He is a hard-nosed businessman doing what he has always done - make serious coin.

And it's not from City, it's from all the land he know owns, the offices he's leasing out and the homes he's selling. 

Lease an entire floor in the swanky new office, some of your employees and the business owner buys some houses, they buy their shopping in the new supermarket, eat and drink at one of the bars around AG/AV, hold meetings in one of the many,many conference area's and rent rooms in the hotel for clients travelling down.

And maybe go watch some Football or Rugby.

Lansdown likes City

Lansdown LOVES money

Don't confuse the two.

On 19/02/2020 at 11:31, Red-Robbo said:

Expect a run of shite results just before they give us the "exciting offer" to renew for considerably more money.

City always seem to badly time their renewal date and accidentally ask us for money and loyalty straight after a terrible result.

Et voila!

It's almost uncanny how the club manages to time their annual missives asking us to part with hundreds of pounds to witness their exciting "product" - and then immediately serve us a steaming shit sandwich of a game. 

7 hours ago, SX227 said:

Yeah, and who gets the profits from the events, gigs,  - in fact everything non BCFC related?

You think SL is building all this because he loves you and wants to tickle your tummy and give you nice things?

He will make an absolute fortune from the offices, 200 residential units, multi-function arena and shops being built.

The off field income at AG is going up exponentially due to the facilities, or did you think the bars, conference, events, wedding areas, were all for Football matches only.

Then add the hundreds of millions SL will make when AV is re-zoned this/next year.

BCFC is a tax-loss toy for a rich family now.

SL could put another £200 million in and still make 10 times that in profit out of THE WHOLE DEAL.

The amount of people who just cannot grasp that BCFC is a plaything to amuse the Lansdown Family whilst they took over absolutely everything from the old club to develop as a multi-billion £ commercial/residential/entertainment project is astounding.

City,Bears and Flyers are just 3 shiny things for SL to chat about during meetings.

He is a hard-nosed businessman doing what he has always done - make serious coin.

And it's not from City, it's from all the land he know owns, the offices he's leasing out and the homes he's selling. 

Lease an entire floor in the swanky new office, some of your employees and the business owner buys some houses, they buy their shopping in the new supermarket, eat and drink at one of the bars around AG/AV, hold meetings in one of the many,many conference area's and rent rooms in the hotel for clients travelling down.

And maybe go watch some Football or Rugby.

Lansdown likes City

Lansdown LOVES money

Don't confuse the two.

This is an unreal post. So if he loves money why is he bailing us out every year and not walking away?!! He earns more in interest than he will ever earn at Bristol Sport. 

Can you advise where you think SL is making ‘serious coin’ owning this club?

We see the balance sheet every year - then SL often balances the books by putting in another £20 million.

11 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

This is an unreal post. So if he loves money why is he bailing us out every year and not walking away?!! He earns more in interest than he will ever earn at Bristol Sport. 

We see the balance sheet every year - then SL often balances the books by putting in another £20 million.

Exactly. It’s about legacy, not money. He wants to leave his mark on the city.

There are an awful lot of easier ways for a rich man to make more money than continually investing money in a loss-making football club.

8 hours ago, Dredd said:

Putting manager, home performances, match day experience, price etc aside..... I genuinely do not look forward to my Saturday football like I used to. I can’t put a finger on why. Whether it’s a combination of some or all of the above? Or external factors meaning I would just rather spend my time and money elsewhere?

I’m really struggling to make a decision on next season. 

Exactly how I feel.

After 70 years, I cannot see any future with the current Coaching staff. So sad, as we have or are building the infrastructure of a Premier League club. What a waste of money. If only Pat Lam was the City Head Coach!

14 hours ago, westonred said:

The prices are out but do you think people will hold on to see if there is a change in manager before purchasing ?

I think a lot people have come to the end of supporting LJ and the bland football we have to suffer watching at BS3

I support the team, not the manager. I even renewed when Pulis was appointed, so no reason to stop now!

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I support the team, not the manager. I even renewed when Pulis was appointed, so no reason to stop now!

No I'm the same and say every season never again but always get another ST.  However I now find the football boring apart from a few odd games, it's tacticless, cluless and gutless. The whole match day experience including trying to find somewhere to park is so frustrating. I will 95% get another ST however if we had a manager who knew what he was doing and we played attractive attacking football I would get one tomorrow without even thinking about it.

8 hours ago, Oops said:

I remember the magic of the Walshy shuffle, the way Super Bob’s thighs used to flex, Smudger tormenting Ian Alexander, Scotty and Goodridge Etc...

Day’s long gone, players long gone.

Nostalgia is all very well, but in the sterile atmosphere of Ashton Gate at the moment, I fear that the days of enjoying football are gone.

The players are scared to play football. Constrained by systems they don’t understand, and afraid to make a mistake.

No flair, no fight, no desire.

I will be renewing for sure (been attending since 1959, mostly with a ST so ain't going to stop now) but it really troubles me a lot that in recent years that I've started to question this "automatic" decision.

I'm fine with the stadium, some of course are not but fully understandable, also happy with many other of the advances made both on an off the field e.g. we're trading both in players that we would never get near to in the past (Wells, Kalas to name but two), development players out on loan getting experience to be of benefit hopefully in the future but it's the end product on a Saturday/Tuesday night etc that worries me.  Let's face it some of those WBA players were exciting to watch as was the pace of their breaks, I do not agree with the "no flair, no fight, no desire" comment we have all three but they are not coming through in the end product and that simply has to change.  I just don't like watching the current style and thinking if we only had Scotty or Smudger out there, or David Noble/Lee Trundle on one of their good days, and a Walshy or a Wilbs of course.

Anyway onwards and upwards, ST renewal to follow Mr Ashton.

4 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

I will be renewing for sure (been attending since 1959, mostly with a ST so ain't going to stop now) but it really troubles me a lot that in recent years that I've started to question this "automatic" decision.

I'm fine with the stadium, some of course are not but fully understandable, also happy with many other of the advances made both on an off the field e.g. we're trading both in players that we would never get near to in the past (Wells, Kalas to name but two), development players out on loan getting experience to be of benefit hopefully in the future but it's the end product on a Saturday/Tuesday night etc that worries me.  Let's face it some of those WBA players were exciting to watch as was the pace of their breaks, I do not agree with the "no flair, no fight, no desire" comment we have all three but they are not coming through in the end product and that simply has to change.  I just don't like watching the current style and thinking if we only had Scotty or Smudger out there, or David Noble/Lee Trundle on one of their good days, and a Walshy or a Wilbs of course.

Anyway onwards and upwards, ST renewal to follow Mr Ashton.

With respect, your post is just one massive contradiction ?‍♂️

Our group of 3 will not be renewing. Just pick the games we fancy next year. The whole experience has gone very flat for us. Parking restrictions, shite sideways footbal, loads of matchs not on a sat at 3.0 poor atmosphere. The reward is just no longer worth the expence or the effort. It maybe we are just a bunch of tired old gits now, who knows. It will feel strange but at least i wont be trolling out the same old “why do i bother” line when leaving the ground.

16 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

16 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly. It’s about legacy, not money. He wants to leave his mark on the city.

There are an awful lot of easier ways for a rich man to make more money than continually investing money in a loss-making football club.

Again, separate the club from the business.

When you can do that, you'll get it.

Or do you really think SL is building residential units to sell and use the money to buy 3 players?

They are completely seperate entities.

Just like the huge housing estates on the AV site will be.

Sure the 'clubs' may benefit with these new people going to a game, or having a drink in a bar at AG.

I'm pretty sure BCFC won't get a £££  from selling a 4 bed house at AV, or from one of any of the tickets sold for the many,many concerts and conventions planned for AG and the Flyers stadium.

That will go to SL - why on earth would he build houses to sell to fund a football club.He doesn't need to!

I'll say again - and I don't understand why  it is so hard to grasp - Lansdown is a billionaire - currently estimated at $2.4 billion USD ( $2,400,000,000 USD)

The interest alone he makes in one year covers pretty much all he has put into BCFC in his ENTIRE TENURE - and then some.

It's chump change to him - its so much, my mind could not picture how big that would be if it was in £50 notes!

Or, if this makes it easier, £20 from you over 20 years.

Lansdown spending £20 million in one season is the same as you or I chucking in £1.25.

It's as simple as that - footbal, rugby and basketball for fun and 'glory', the rest is paying for it, and returning a HUGE profit

Separate the 2!

13 hours ago, Red Rag said:

Our group of 3 will not be renewing. Just pick the games we fancy next year. The whole experience has gone very flat for us. Parking restrictions, shite sideways footbal, loads of matchs not on a sat at 3.0 poor atmosphere. The reward is just no longer worth the expence or the effort. It maybe we are just a bunch of tired old gits now, who knows. It will feel strange but at least i wont be trolling out the same old “why do i bother” line when leaving the ground.

How will you know in advance which games will be worth watching? Most POTD fans would have probably picked the Leeds and WBA games to watch this season and where would that have got them?

If we get off to a flyer next season and are top of the league at Christmas, then what would you do? Pay full whack to watch all the remaining games?

Did mine online earlier and despite my limited skills it was a piece of cake - dead easy in fact. They even had my concession already in place. A saving of £74. I can’t remember ever getting anything off from the club before.............:cool2:

Works out over 23 games at £16 per match.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Did mine online earlier and despite my limited skills it was a piece of cake - dead easy in fact. They even had my concession already in place. A saving of £74. I can’t remember ever getting anything off from the club before.............:cool2:

Works out over 23 games at £16 per match.

I'm sure if all of OTIB all clubbed in we could pay you £17 per match to stay away......

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

How will you know in advance which games will be worth watching? Most POTD fans would have probably picked the Leeds and WBA games to watch this season and where would that have got them?

If we get off to a flyer next season and are top of the league at Christmas, then what would you do? Pay full whack to watch all the remaining games?

No they can save their money, because the wheels always come off around Christmas and we have to console ourselves with thoughts of maybe next season ...... and repeat the process the following year, etc!

31 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

No they can save their money, because the wheels always come off around Christmas and we have to console ourselves with thoughts of maybe next season ...... and repeat the process the following year, etc!

......and if that changed and we were still in a good place with just a few games left in March, April and May, those people 'saving their money' will be gutted if they can't get tickets for the remaining games.

If we did get promoted I'm sure those who were not wanting to 'waste their money' would soon be clamouring for Premier League season tickets.

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Not fussed about what game/games it will be, may not be any. Simply jarred off with the whole deal really. Who knows i may miss it I may not. All i do know is have had enough.

50 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

......and if that changed and we were still in a good place with just a few games left in March, April and May, those people 'saving their money' will be gutted if they can't get tickets for the remaining games.

If we did get promoted I'm sure those who were not wanting to 'waste their money' would soon be clamouring for Premier League season tickets.

Maybe, but if you believe that’s likely, you probably haven’t been around as long as I have.

For anyone mentioning our very small climb up the table during the 4 years of LJ’s tenure, I can trump that with around 4 decades of general unspectacular existence in the middle reaches of the football league!

At Bristol City we’ve got rock solid form on not achieving very much and also not troubling the Premier League. Anyone thinking LJ is showing any ability to change that is waaaay more of an optimist than me.  

Lets be fair, if by some miracle the top 6 imploded to a point we managed to scrape into the Prem at the end of the season, can you see us getting anything more than a record low points total next year?

I can take us trying but falling short, but what I can’t take is the cautious, negative crap we’re having to witness virtually every home game.

If you’re happy to continue watching that then good for you, but I think you’ll find there are a lot that won’t.  I’m trying desperately to try and find a reason to renew next year, but I really can’t think of one, other than avoiding losing my seat.

I haven’t had that buzz about going to football for a long time and when you spend most of your time there wishing the game was over to stop the boredom, common sense indicates this is the time to end the pain and walk away.

It is supposed to be entertainment, after all.

28 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Maybe, but if you believe that’s likely, you probably haven’t been around as long as I have.

For anyone mentioning our very small climb up the table during the 4 years of LJ’s tenure, I can trump that with around 4 decades of general unspectacular existence in the middle reaches of the football league!

At Bristol City we’ve got rock solid form on not achieving very much and also not troubling the Premier League. Anyone thinking LJ is showing any ability to change that is waaaay more of an optimist than me.  

Lets be fair, if by some miracle the top 6 imploded to a point we managed to scrape into the Prem at the end of the season, can you see us getting anything more than a record low points total next year?

I can take us trying but falling short, but what I can’t take is the cautious, negative crap we’re having to witness virtually every home game.

If you’re happy to continue watching that then good for you, but I think you’ll find there are a lot that won’t.  I’m trying desperately to try and find a reason to renew next year, but I really can’t think of one, other than avoiding losing my seat.

I haven’t had that buzz about going to football for a long time and when you spend most of your time there wishing the game was over to stop the boredom, common sense indicates this is the time to end the pain and walk away.

It is supposed to be entertainment, after all.

First game for me was Fulham at home, Saturday March 1st 1969. We battered them 6-0.

So, after 50 years of supporting City, it would take a lot more than being just outside the Championship play-off places to stop supporting them now.
Yes, some of the football is poor, but we are in a much better position than when we've played poor football before.

The aim this season was (minimum) to reach the play-offs. We haven't failed to do that yet.

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

37 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

First game for me was Fulham at home, Saturday March 1st 1969. We battered them 6-0.

So, after 50 years of supporting City, it would take a lot more than being just outside the Championship play-off places to stop supporting them now.
Yes, some of the football is poor, but we are in a much better position than when we've played poor football before.

The aim this season was (minimum) to reach the play-offs. We haven't failed to do that yet.

Fair enough and you’ve clearly had plenty of time to see many of the highs and lows at City.  Not that it makes the slightest difference to this discussion, but I was there at John Atyeo’s final game, so se’ve both been a fair while matey.

To be totally honest, to me the play-offs are secondary and what I want to see is City building a solid platform of a game plan, getting the best out of players and play with a game plan, intensity, courage and passion. Sadly we’re lacking all those and in fact seem to be going backwards.

I fully respect your viewpoint, but you and I obviously want different things from our football.  I’m personally sick of walking away from the Gate after watching us playing like timid, cautious underdogs, even when we’re up against lower table opposition and the fact that on some occasions we may have nicked a very undeserved 3 points doesn’t impress me.  

That isn’t building for the future in my eyes and that isn’t the spirit of the City I’ve been proud to support in the past.

On 20/02/2020 at 21:52, Ska Junkie said:

Not sure what to do next season to be honest.

My dad took me to the Gate as a youngster and I have returned the honour for the last 20 years or so. I enjoy the time with my dad, it's our 'thing' I suppose.

Dear old dad is now 85 and said he probably won't be renewing. At his age, I guess sitting in a cold stand on a freezing Tuesday isn't as pleasant as it used to be.

I'll probably wait and move seats, unless dad changes his mind but won't sit in the same seat without him.

I'm a bit gutted TBH. :(

there wasn't an appropriate emoji keep going and tell your dad about the game.he will enjoy the interaction between the two of you. 

4 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Fair enough and you’ve clearly had plenty of time to see many of the highs and lows at City.  Not that it makes the slightest difference to this discussion, but I was there at John Atyeo’s final game, so se’ve both been a fair while matey.

To be totally honest, to me the play-offs are secondary and what I want to see is City building a solid platform of a game plan, getting the best out of players and play with a game plan, intensity, courage and passion. Sadly we’re lacking all those and in fact seem to be going backwards.

I fully respect your viewpoint, but you and I obviously want different things from our football.  I’m personally sick of walking away from the Gate after watching us playing like timid, cautious underdogs, even when we’re up against lower table opposition and the fact that on some occasions we may have nicked a very undeserved 3 points doesn’t impress me.  

That isn’t building for the future in my eyes and that isn’t the spirit of the City I’ve been proud to support in the past.

That was in response to your comment about the length of time I'd been supporting City and wouldn't have been mentioned otherwise.

Any manager's priority from the start of the season is to avoid relegation, play good football and hope for a top 6 finish.....or if good enough, top 2.

We won't get relegated, but we're not playing good football.
We won't get promoted, but we could finish in the top six.

I renewed my ST yesterday.

Archived