IGNORED

Season Card Renewals - DETAILS NOW RELEASED

wendyredredrobin

On 21/02/2020 at 15:19, Bristol Rob said:

Hope she broke that news to you whilst feeding you some sugar.

Eureka!  Genius!!

Too many of our home games have been hard to swallow this season, even dyed in the wool lifetime veteran Reds are struggling to take the low entertainment value & ineffective piss poor performances...

@Bristol Rob (& Mary Poppins) has stumbled on a simple cost effective way to help supporters cope with the plentiful bitter pills that LJ and Co have contrived to force feed them,  come on Mr Ashton dish out those sugar cubes at the turnstiles !  

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

That was in response to your comment t the length of time I'd been supporting City and wouldn't have been mentioned otherwise.

Any manager's priority from the start of the season is to avoid relegation, play good football and hope for a top 6 finish.....or if good enough, top 2.

We won't get relegated, but we're not playing good football.
We won't get promoted, but we could finish in the top six.

I renewed my ST yesterday.

Absolutely understand RLL and the reason I said that is I didn’t want to make it look like I was trying to go one better by saying I’d been supporting City since the end of the Atyeo era. These forums are just like bleedin emails; it’s so easy to misunderstand where someone’s coming from when you aren’t actually talking face to face.

I think I’m just City’d out after all these years of hope and ultimately being let down yet again.  Now thanks to L J, even the hope’s gone for me, so it’s going to be a very tough decision over the ST, but at the moment, I really don’t want to contemplate going through another season of what we’ve witnessed this year.

Maybe part of it is just me fallen out of love with modern football 

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

First game for me was Fulham at home, Saturday March 1st 1969. We battered them 6-0.

I remember that game, especially my dad who reckoned Fulham used to be a good team with Div. 1 pedigree with previous famous players, Johnny Haynes etc. Started to form my own views after that.... renewed S/C yesterday, s.82...we stand where we want???

3 hours ago, City Cat said:

I remember that game, especially my dad who reckoned Fulham used to be a good team with Div. 1 pedigree with previous famous players, Johnny Haynes etc. Started to form my own views after that.... renewed S/C yesterday, s.82...we stand where we want???

The noise fans made everytime City scored was what got me hooked. I was 8 years old and it was the most exciting thing ever.

8 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Absolutely understand RLL and the reason I said that is I didn’t want to make it look like I was trying to go one better by saying I’d been supporting City since the end of the Atyeo era. These forums are just like bleedin emails; it’s so easy to misunderstand where someone’s coming from when you aren’t actually talking face to face.

I think I’m just City’d out after all these years of hope and ultimately being let down yet again.  Now thanks to L J, even the hope’s gone for me, so it’s going to be a very tough decision over the ST, but at the moment, I really don’t want to contemplate going through another season of what we’ve witnessed this year.

Maybe part of it is just me fallen out of love with modern football 

I know where you're coming from mate......but what are you going to do if we are in a play-off place in a few weeks time and you haven't renewed your ST?

If we were mid-table, I could understand.....but not when the prize is still there.

45 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I know where you're coming from mate......but what are you going to do if we are in a play-off place in a few weeks time and you haven't renewed your ST?

If we were mid-table, I could understand.....but not when the prize is still there.

I’ll be honest, if ‘the prize’ was us spawning promotion to the Prem and getting absolutely dicked by all and sundry, I’d look on it more as dodging a bullet, rather than missing a prize.

I had some concerns when we got to the Play off Final under GJ, but at least he had some kind of game plan and could certainly motivate players.  Under his son, that’s totally missing and I really believe we’d make ourselves a laughing stock if we did go up, but deep down I feel there’s no danger of that happening this season.

I should point out I’m not one of those who would rather us be a reasonable sized fish in a smaller pond, rather than testing ourselves at a higher level.  The problem is I’d like it to be with someone at the helm that knew what he was doing and sadly LJ isn’t that man.  He’s managed to grind out some points this season, but we’d get murdered trying that in the Prem.  Sheffield Utd did it the right way and are seeing the benefits, but we’re no Sheff U, that’s for sure.

Bottom line though is regardless of what division we’re in, I don’t think I could stomach yet another season of the ‘entertainment’ we’ve become used to at the Gate over the last couple of years.

Time will tell but even though the ticket sales are now open, I’ve got absolutely no urge to renew atm.

On 21/02/2020 at 12:15, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'll be renewing (and earlier than last year when I prevaricated and ended up paying more) but it's not with any great sense of enthusiasm.

For me it's almost despite what's on offer, along with the fervent hope that, surely, it has to get better with a higher percentage of enjoyable games..

I think the club may discover however that when they count up renewals many disenchanted fans will not be so patient.

Another grim experience v W.Brom and, despite saying I would renew only last week, I find myself very much back in the undecided camp.

I did enjoy Fammy's Trojan defensive work when he cleared the ball about 6x in quick succession, but it comes to something when that was the highlight and about the only time I was animated in the whole game.

As it was I returned home deflated and despondent yet again after watching City, as well as cold, wet and windswept, but can't blame that on City.

Maybe the time has come to take a season off having a ST and pick and choose the odd game but if so I doubt I'd go to many games next season - far too expensive as an occasional one off cost afaic and very unlikely to be value for money.

As a self confessed creature of habit - and watching City being my longest held one by far - I'm also not sure when I'd be back if that habit was broken.

Perhaps a move from the Dolman to an area of the ground less open to the elements might be beneficial, or a return to the old days of watching City after a couple of pints in the pub, but not sure even semi inebriation would overcome the dismal lack of excitement and entertaining football on offer at AG, which has actually served to make attending become quite depressing.

After threatening to not renew for 2 years I haven't enjoyed this season yet again so I'm closer than ever to not doing so this time - a sad state of affairs. 

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Another grim experience v W.Brom and, despite saying I would renew only last week, I find myself very much back in the undecided camp.

I did enjoy Fammy's Trojan defensive work when he cleared the ball about 6x in quick succession, but it comes to something when that was the highlight and about the only time I was animated in the whole game.

As it was I returned home deflated and despondent yet again after watching City, as well as cold, wet and windswept, but can't blame that on City.

Maybe the time has come to take a season off having a ST and pick and choose the odd game but if so I doubt I'd go to many games next season - far too expensive as an occasional one off cost afaic and very unlikely to be value for money.

As a self confessed creature of habit - and watching City being my longest held one by far - I'm also not sure when I'd be back if that habit was broken.

Perhaps a move from the Dolman to an area of the ground less open to the elements might be beneficial, or a return to the old days of watching City after a couple of pints in the pub, but not sure even semi inebriation would overcome the dismal lack of excitement and entertaining football on offer at AG, which has actually served to make attending become quite depressing.

After threatening to not renew for 2 years I haven't enjoyed this season yet again so I'm closer than ever to not doing so this time - a sad state of affairs. 

Amen to all of that Noggers and it’s like you’re reading my mind. It’s a tough call for sure.

Archived