IGNORED

Being a manager has never been harder

Clutton Caveman

2 hours ago, redapple said:

I’m in agreement with most if not all of your comments, but my only point was that a lot of the players have spoken freely about their respect for LJ. They’ve commented on his huge enthusiasm and knowledge of the game. I might currently be only a ‘taxi’ driver but believe me I know enough about human beings to know when there telling the truth. 
I never felt comfortable revealing tit bits on this forum and didn’t for 4 years. But reading some of the nasty stuff on here a few weeks back about LJ losing the changing room, the players laughing at him etc , I just felt it might be an insight to let people know that is clearly not the case. 
Re communications between human beings and other human beings, I’ve found that however much training people have and whether they’re  huge celebrities , local councillors or footballers they don’t always toe the corporate or sensible line when in a cab. Most of what I hear goes no further than my Mrs but she has no interest in the  goings on at Bristol City anyway ! 

I have to point out, I never said you were ‘only’ a taxi driver - I said I doubted whether footballers would open up and give personal views to a taxi driver - and for what it’s worth I think yours is an incredibly honourable and valuable profession, I would NEVER denigrate any honourable profession  - getting people to destinations including their home is a very important job - so I don’t know why you picked out ‘taxi’ after the word ‘only’ in inverted commas in your post above ...

Archived