IGNORED

Rail Seating

Red Army 75

7 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Oh please please PLEASE!

Interesting it says sections plural....

Basically it's S82 area plus a bit more.

"The club recognises that a number of supporters wish to stand at games and the dedicated rail/barrier area proposed in blocks S25, S26 and S27 aims to enhance the matchday experience, while ensuring fans’ safety is paramount at all times."

• SC&T Board Members
6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So is this all legal now then ie standing at games with rail seats, or are rail seats just going in but will be locked down until the law changes?

No seats are ever locked down.

My understanding is that the existing seats will remain, with a rail added just behind them to enhance safety should fans (as we know they all will) choose to stand.

Once the law allows, the club will then no doubt operate that area officially as a standing area.

Club published some FAQs as well:

Q.   What is rail/barrier seating?

A.    Stadiums in the top two tiers of English football have to be all-seater. Rail/barrier seating provides an exemption that enables supporters to stand in a safe environment with rails/barriers in front of their designated seat as protection against crowd surge.

Q.   What is the difference between rail and barrier seating?

A.    Rail seating describes a metal seat that can be folded upright to stand practically, flat against the row behind it. Above it there is a rail at chest height. Barrier seating offers the same safety barrier provision but using flip-up seats. Bristol City FC and Ashton Gate Stadium are currently working through the best provision to ensure the optimum matchday experience for our supporters.

Q.   Why is Ashton Gate Stadium implementing rail/barrier seating?

A.    Bristol City FC and Ashton Gate Stadium recognise that some supporters like to stand at games and have been looking at ways to facilitate this. We have therefore decided to implement rail/barrier seating in blocks of the South Stand from the 2020/21 season.

Q.   What blocks will this affect?

A.    Rail/Barrier Seating will be introduced into blocks S25, S26 and S27 of the South Stand, from the top to the bottom of the stand.

Q.   How many seats will be designated rail/barrier seating?

A.    1,174 seats will be designated rail/barrier seating.

Q.   If I am standing then why do I need a reserved seat?

A.    To comply with safety regulations, you will need a reserved seat to ensure that the correct number of supporters are in the designated rail/barrier seating blocks.

Q.   Will I have to stay in the same seat at every game?

A.    If you have purchased a Season Card in blocks S25, S26 and S27 then you will have to occupy that designated seating space.

Q.   If I am standing will I get a discount on my Season Card?

A.    To comply with safety regulations, you will need a reserved seat to ensure that the correct number of supporters are in the designated rail/barrier seating blocks. The Season Card price is fixed based on one seat per Season Card.  

Q.   Will I be able to carry on standing in non-Rail/Barrier Seating blocks?

A.    Legislation prohibits supporters standing at all-seater stadiums. Persistent standing in non-Rail/Barrier Seating blocks is highly discouraged and stewards are instructed to direct supporters to stay seated. The introduction of Rail/Barrier Seating blocks will allow supporters who want to stand to do so in a safe environment.

Q.   Will there be a barrier/rail on every row?

A.    Yes, there will be a barrier/rail in front of the seats on every row in the Rail/Barrier Seating blocks.

Q.   Are flags and drums allowed in the Rail/Barrier Seating blocks?

A.    Yes, flags and drums will be permitted in the Rail/Barrier Seating blocks. 

Q.   I am a Bristol Bears Season Card holder and want to stand, can I move my seat to within these blocks.

There will be an option for Bristol Bears Season Card holders to move to these blocks. Details of Bristol Bears Season Card renewals will be issued in due course.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Will this increase capacity and if so by how many? Anyone know?

By 10% - presumably ?  In those blocks a 10% reduction in capacity has been the case because it's unallocated seating. Now everybody has to select a seat so no need for the 10% reduction. As stated above the OS only refers to a barrier(ie a rail) and not to installing the actual rail seating.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a good start- well done all!

The only difference is that instead of being able to stand anywhere in those sections - you will now have to stand in your seat space (IYSWIM), you just will have a rail to lean on.

Worse if anything now .....now stand anywhere - next season stand in your allocated seat area.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

The only difference is that instead of being able to stand anywhere in those sections - you will now have to stand in your seat space (IYSWIM), you just will have a rail to lean on.

Worse if anything now .....now stand anywhere - next season stand in your allocated seat area.

True, the end of unreserved seating in that area- means it can be extended to full capacity though I suppose, but hopefully 1,174 is towards the lower end. Hopefully it won't be a limit of 1,174 and then attempt to enforce all seater everywhere else (thinking back rows of Dolman and South especially).

How strongly would it actually be enforced in practice though...except when officials from SAG etc down? ;)

13 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No, the difference is that you will have an allocated seat/space on your ticket. That is all. I seriously doubt that it will be enforced that you have to stand in your specific space.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

No, the difference is that you will have an allocated seat/space on your ticket. That is all. I seriously doubt that it will be enforced that you have to stand in your specific space.

Yeah, I'd have thought light touch approach might be possible- some days where seniors from the SAG/Licensing Authority in probably not, got to put on a show and 'play the game' so to speak, but beyond that? 

Surely even though there’s a seat number on your ticket everyone in that section will just continue to stand anywhere in that section?

The season tickets in there currently have seat numbers on but everyone ignores it, I’ve never even looked to see where it is.

Thinking back to the cup games against Manchester x2 they said the same about using your correct seat but everyone just used it as normal.

28 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Currently stand with about 10 others, getting that all booked in one block will be a nightmare, better to leave it unofficially unreserved. Can the SC&T sound out the club about this?

Am hoping our resident rail seating expert @Blagdon red is having conversations with the powers that be about that. I want my 5 season tickets all in the same spot as well for example. :) 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Am hoping our resident rail seating expert @Blagdon red is having conversations with the powers that be about that. I want my 5 season tickets all in the same spot as well for example. :) 

Same for us, at present 5 adults stand ins ‘cluster’ whilst all 10 kids make do at the front.

It’s a very City thing to do.

Almost get it right ?

Archived