IGNORED

Rail Seating

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, BCFC_95 said:

My rugby supporting mate reckons this covers 3 blocks in that corner - not sure how many seats that would cover, 1500?

Yeah this has been coming for a couple of years. Season ticket holders in that area have received an email/letter prior to last season (before the pandemic came along). Its the 3 blocks, S25, S26 and S27. Just short of 1200. For some reason 1146 rings a bell, but it's less than 1200.

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Some more pics 

Im a little confused. Those pictures look like someone has bolted some red scaffold bars onto the existing seats and terracing.

Is this new seating as well?

Does this allow for the seats to be locked in an up or down position? or is this literally the same seats but with new bars added in front of them?

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

Im a little confused. Those pictures look like someone has bolted some red scaffold bars onto the existing seats and terracing.

Does this allow for the seats to be locked in an up or down position? or is this literally the same seats but with new bars added in front of them?

It's the same seats as before.  It's more of a hybrid solution. 

Personally think more likely to get injuries with this design. 

• SC&T Board Members
3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

As @TomFsays, it's the existing seats. As we know, they don't have any locks.

Having something to lean onto whilst standing is actually really nice. I've watched a couple of NFL games at White Hart Lane where they have this.

Also stops people falling into the rows in front when we score (I know that is rare) it's dangerous standing up with a seat ready to take your shin clean off right in front. 

I think the fans on S82 will like it, I know I am looking forward to it.

On 23/07/2021 at 14:33, shelts said:

I’m not one to stand at games due to health problems but I really do help we get the guys standing and we get an atmosphere at the gate that’s been lacking since we left the Atyeo . 

Similarly I have some back problems from sitting down too much and I "should" stand so this is a great move for me. 

17 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Similarly I have some back problems from sitting down too much and I "should" stand so this is a great move for me. 

Back in the "old days" I loved standing but we used to sit on the terraces at half time to have our tea, if I tried that now I probably struggle to get back up for the 2nd half. :( A seat will be welcome.

On 24/07/2021 at 15:03, BS10 RED said:

Think I’m right in thinking before the start of last season though you had to pick a official seat for that section. So no more rocking up at 2:55 and standing where you like 

I think it'll carry on as it was previously. Most people I've spoken to have sais the same. What's your thoughts on it? @WolfOfWestStreet

I have a feeling there will be a couple of problems in the first couple of games, but after that people will just stand wherever. It's always been like that going back to the old EE. 

On 24/07/2021 at 15:03, BS10 RED said:

Think I’m right in thinking before the start of last season though you had to pick a official seat for that section. So no more rocking up at 2:55 and standing where you like 

You had to pick an official seat pre COVID and everyone still just sat where ever they want , it will probably be the Same  this season , I doubt many people will want to stick with it because they will want to stand with mates etc. 

3 hours ago, Will b11 said:

You had to pick an official seat pre COVID and everyone still just sat where ever they want , it will probably be the Same  this season , I doubt many people will want to stick with it because they will want to stand with mates etc. 

Oh yeah it was the first season in there the ST said unreserved, hopefully will continue as it is then. Think stewards will clamp down on people not standing in front of a seat though

23 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I think it'll carry on as it was previously. Most people I've spoken to have sais the same. What's your thoughts on it? @WolfOfWestStreet

I have a feeling there will be a couple of problems in the first couple of games, but after that people will just stand wherever. It's always been like that going back to the old EE. 

I don't see any issue tbh. Most of the people in that stand will be season ticket renewals who know the drill. I have my "spot" but it's never the exact same seat every time. I'd be amazed if there was any issues there. 

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

According to the Post City have not installed the safety proven rail seats just barriers to prevent forward movement. How did this accord with safety requirements and City gain permission for their use?

In short, rails such as city have installed are allowed, teams such as spurs use rail and not

”safety proven rail seats”.

A rail, provides the same safety as a rail seat at a lot Lower cost.

I have to say it does look naff though.

17 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

In short, rails such as city have installed are allowed, teams such as spurs use rail and not

”safety proven rail seats”.

A rail, provides the same safety as a rail seat at a lot Lower cost.

I have to say it does look naff though.

Fair enough, just disappointed that we haven't installed the real thing.

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Fair enough, just disappointed that we haven't installed the real thing.

What's the difference ?

Its a rail and a seat which is in the up position permanently unless someone sits on it.

And much cheaper than ripping out loads of seats for the same end result.

Archived