IGNORED

Rail Seating

Red Army 75

Rails good for coat hanging, for sure! 

Slightly off topic, I find it strange that I could clearly see Blackpool fans singing in unison particularly in the first 15 minutes but couldn't hear them at all. 

Additionally, most in the corner were up for it yesterday and so the atmosphere in the corner was decent enough, yet away supporters continue to comment on how bad an atmosphere it is at Ashton Gate. 

It's odd. 

It'd be nice to expand the area, you could make the block nearest the corner at the bottom of the Dolman standing too as a start? I believe the rake is at the correct angle to allow for fans in the top part of the Dolman to see above people standing in the lower part even when they are seated? Just an idea, what's 1 block at the bottom, 250/300? Make it POTD to expand the area...and gradually improve the atmosphere? 

35 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Slightly off topic, I find it strange that I could clearly see Blackpool fans singing in unison particularly in the first 15 minutes but couldn't hear them at all. 

Additionally, most in the corner were up for it yesterday and so the atmosphere in the corner was decent enough, yet away supporters continue to comment on how bad an atmosphere it is at Ashton Gate. 

It's odd. 

It'd be nice to expand the area, you could make the block nearest the corner at the bottom of the Dolman standing too as a start? I believe the rake is at the correct angle to allow for fans in the top part of the Dolman to see above people standing in the lower part even when they are seated? Just an idea, what's 1 block at the bottom, 250/300? Make it POTD to expand the area...and gradually improve the atmosphere? 

Should be behind the goal like every other championship club . Why our louder fans are stuck in a corner out the way is ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

It's odd. 

Away fans say the atmosphere isn’t great because all they can hear is themselves. This applies to any team bringing 500+

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Should be behind the goal like every other championship club . Why our louder fans are stuck in a corner out the way is ridiculous 

I know logistically it don't work but they should put the away fans up in the Lansdown and give the away end back to home fans 

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

It's odd. 

Thats because you shouldnt have a section like this in a corner if it was behind the goal the sound will lift out and across but the dolman seems to suck up a lot of acoustics because of the low flat roof.. As with atyeo it's a lot to do with the wind I would imagine as well and what direction it's going. The dolman when full muffles a lot of sound so it doesn't travel from the south stand corner. 

33 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Away fans say the atmosphere isn’t great because all they can hear is themselves. This applies to any team bringing 500+

Means nothing tbh , I’ve been in away crowds of 500+ at a lot of clubs where the home atmosphere is loud .

I usually get a ticket in the Dolman near section 82 and can always hear the away fans as much or even louder than I can section 82 .

The poor atmosphere at Ashton gate will never change until we stop sticking fans that sing out the way in a corner

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Means nothing tbh , I’ve been in away crowds of 500+ at a lot of clubs where the home atmosphere is loud .

I usually get a ticket in the Dolman near section 82 and can always hear the away fans as much or even louder than I can section 82 .

The poor atmosphere at Ashton gate will never change until we stop sticking fans that sing out the way in a corner

I think it’s something to do with that corner being the true east end of the ground. I quit like it tbh and would have thought having them in the corner acoustically would be louder for the rest of the ground to hear. Last game I went to I sat in the middle of the Lansdown and could hear s82 clearly.

5 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

I think it’s something to do with that corner being the true east end of the ground. I quit like it tbh and would have thought having them in the corner acoustically would be louder for the rest of the ground to hear. Last game I went to I sat in the middle of the Lansdown and could hear s82 clearly.

Yeh you’re right section 82 is where the east end was but really the south stand behind the goal should be the unreserved section to create an atmosphere. If pretty much every other championship club can manage an end behind the goal standing making noise we should be able to

50 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Yeh you’re right section 82 is where the east end was but really the south stand behind the goal should be the unreserved section to create an atmosphere. If pretty much every other championship club can manage an end behind the goal standing making noise we should be able to

What difference would it make?

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Every ground I’ve been to with fans stood behind the goal has had a hell of a better atmosphere than Ashton gate has nowadays 

Not sure it would make a difference at AG. Unless it meant you could accommodate more “singers”. If a bigger singing section is needed the I think they should just extend it around the corner towards the goal behind the south stand. Just my opinion. Biggest problem with either will be shifting ST holders who want to sit or don’t want to sing in that part of the SS. 

17 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Not sure it would make a difference at AG. Unless it meant you could accommodate more “singers”. If a bigger singing section is needed the I think they should just extend it around the corner towards the goal behind the south stand. Just my opinion. Biggest problem with either will be shifting ST holders who want to sit or don’t want to sing in that part of the SS. 

Sometimes change is for the better though , if they made the south stand unreserved and lowered ticket prices in the area it would fill up . I know so many people that don’t come because they don’t have a season ticket and want to stand but refuse to pay for the odd game as it’s close to £40

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

What I meant was the acoustics in the Atyeo. Any noisy bunch will hear only themselves because of the stand's design.

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I know logistically it don't work but they should put the away fans up in the Lansdown and give the away end back to home fans 

If i had a pound for for every time someone suggested that ( not you) I reckon I could spend the rest of the year in bed with two thi girls 

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Every ground I’ve been to with fans stood behind the goal has had a hell of a better atmosphere than Ashton gate has nowadays 

Other clubs have recognised the advantage this gives their side at home. Wolves (and maybe others) have home fans behind both goals  and stick the away fans on the side.

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree about the acoustics  but the point I’m making is that when I’m in the Dolman near section 82 I can hear the away fans as much as I can our fans 

That's fair enough.

I stand at the back of S82 towards the goal. Heard Blackpool a couple of times, but when S82 is in flow, we hear nothing else.

• Admin
16 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

Sitting in E34 they made a racket the majority of the game, only heard one or two songs from us all game

15 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I've been saying this for years.

The stats don't lie, and a huge majority of the away team's goals are scored at the Atyeo end.

Over the last few seasons, they predominantly choose to attack that end second half, and giving the whole stand to them, seems to give the away team a huge uplift.

It seems somewhat naive on our part, but i guess it's from a logistics/resources point of view to contain away fans.

Wait until some of bigger teams come down. 3-4k behind the goal again. Puts the energy into the opposing players in the last 10-15 mins in particular.

26 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I've been saying this for years.

The stats don't lie, and a huge majority of the away team's goals are scored at the Atyeo end.

Over the last few seasons, they predominantly choose to attack that end second half, and giving the whole stand to them, seems to give the away team a huge uplift.

It seems somewhat naive on our part, but i guess it's from a logistics/resources point of view to contain away fans.

Wait until some of bigger teams come down. 3-4k behind the goal again. Puts the energy into the opposing players in the last 10-15 mins in particular.

Long term it would be great to stick the away fans in the upper Lansdown and make the Atyeo home fans only with rail seating.  

Archived