Jump to content
IGNORED

Rail Seating


Red Army 75
 Share

Recommended Posts

^^ that's really disappointing as it will kill the atmosphere as it will break everyone up if the SAG forces the club to make everyone go to there allocated seat, guess am going to have to try to get seats with my mates when we renew, honestly when I saw that we where getting rail seating I was happy but now I just don't want it as what we have at the moment is better 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Club has to 'play the game' though, so to speak.

We'll see how it goes. It's good news but lest we forget, still it said on the site 'subject to SAG approval.' Now I suspect that's a formality but club will surely need to demonstrate that they're trying to stick to it.

Here we go, the key line that has me putting champagne on ice a little:

I think the overcrowding issue can be avoided regardless of reserved seats basically but this seems to be a condition of or an * against?

The best way to avoid overcrowding is to provide lots of space.

I know that at places like Celtic and Shrewsbury the standing fans have a lot more space along the rows than they used to have with the normal seats, so hopefully the space along the rows will go up at AG too.

That in turn should enable a more relaxed approach to where people stand, as the main worry of the SAG / stadium stewards is fans not finding a space and standing in the aisles.

The worst case scenario would be the space being reduced, as then it will be less easy to move along rows to find an empty spot. 

If that happens, heaven forbid, I can certainly see the stewards being very strict about everyone standing in front of their allocated seat.

So space is the key! And lots of it!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

The best way to avoid overcrowding is to provide lots of space.

I know that at places like Celtic and Shrewsbury the standing fans have a lot more space along the rows than they used to have with the normal seats, so hopefully the space along the rows will go up at AG too.

That in turn should enable a more relaxed approach to where people stand, as the main worry of the SAG / stadium stewards is fans not finding a space and standing in the aisles.

The worst case scenario would be the space being reduced, as then it will be less easy to move along rows to find an empty spot. 

If that happens, heaven forbid, I can certainly see the stewards being very strict about everyone standing in front of their allocated seat.

So space is the key! And lots of it!!

How can the space be changed? 

Steps etc. are in place, how can it be affected? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

How can the space be changed? 

Steps etc. are in place, how can it be affected? 

It is space along the rows that is key. Ideally you increase it. At worst you don't reduce it.

Two ways of doing this:

1. Replace the existing seats (which take up a lot of space from front to back, i.e. 300mm) with rail seats that don't, The slimmest version allowed in England right now takes up only 100mm, i.e. 66% less than the current seats.

2. Don't add any new 'stadium furniture' that reduces the current amount of space, e.g. barriers that narrow the rows by 85mm

The images below strikingly show how much difference this can make. The red seats illustrate option 1, while the blue seats show the impact on space of no 2.

Hopefully City won't be doing a number two!

22-2in1-STEP-RED-SEATS-UP.png

Row space with independent barriers.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

It is space along the rows that is key. Ideally you increase it. At worst you don't reduce it.

Two ways of doing this:

1. Replace the existing seats (which take up a lot of space from front to back, i.e. 300mm) with rail seats that don't, The slimmest version allowed in England right now takes up only 100mm, i.e. 66% less than the current seats.

2. Don't add any new 'stadium furniture' that reduces the current amount of space, e.g. barriers that narrow the rows by 85mm

The images below strikingly show how much difference this can make. The red seats illustrate option 1, while the blue seats show the impact on space of no 2.

Hopefully City won't be doing a number two!

22-2in1-STEP-RED-SEATS-UP.png

Row space with independent barriers.png

Well, unless they change all of the seats, it’ll be option 2. They’ll probably just put a rail on the back of the existing seat. 
As per this pic, the current seat layout is bulky, so once you’ve added the rail you’re looking very much like option 2, than 1. 
 

 

6E8398FE-6CCD-4DC2-967B-D1E1BCC7B1E6.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

It is space along the rows that is key. Ideally you increase it. At worst you don't reduce it.

Two ways of doing this:

1. Replace the existing seats (which take up a lot of space from front to back, i.e. 300mm) with rail seats that don't, The slimmest version allowed in England right now takes up only 100mm, i.e. 66% less than the current seats.

2. Don't add any new 'stadium furniture' that reduces the current amount of space, e.g. barriers that narrow the rows by 85mm

The images below strikingly show how much difference this can make. The red seats illustrate option 1, while the blue seats show the impact on space of no 2.

Hopefully City won't be doing a number two!

22-2in1-STEP-RED-SEATS-UP.png

Row space with independent barriers.png

Thank you @Blagdon red for the clear and concise explanation 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Well, unless they change all of the seats, it’ll be option 2. They’ll probably just put a rail on the back of the existing seat. 
As per this pic, the current seat layout is bulky, so once you’ve added the rail you’re looking very much like option 2, than 1. 
 

 

6E8398FE-6CCD-4DC2-967B-D1E1BCC7B1E6.jpeg

Looking at your picture @Harry this option seems an awful consideration. Knowing how hard it is to walk past someone that gets up to let you past, these areas would be nigh on impossible to move around in

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Thank you @Blagdon red for the clear and concise explanation 

Looking at your picture @Harry this option seems an awful consideration. Knowing how hard it is to walk past someone that gets up to let you past, these areas would be nigh on impossible to move around in

Given that everything about the redevelopment so far has been based on best practice and as space and comfort for spectators are prime considerations these days in any club's thinking, I can't see City doing that last option, as it would clearly neither be best practice nor enhance space and comfort. It would obviously impair both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Given that everything about the redevelopment so far has been based on best practice and as space and comfort for spectators are prime considerations these days in any club's thinking, I can't see City doing that last option, as it would clearly neither be best practice nor enhance space and comfort. It would obviously impair both.

Let's pray the club seek advice from you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/02/2020 at 09:47, Blagdon red said:

Given that everything about the redevelopment so far has been based on best practice and as space and comfort for spectators are prime considerations these days in any club's thinking, I can't see City doing that last option, as it would clearly neither be best practice nor enhance space and comfort. It would obviously impair both.

Has there been any movement or discussions since this announcement?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/railbarrier-seating-plans-for-ashton-gate/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I'd have thought it would be on the back burner atm, another surface for people to touch etc with the virus

Have you travelled back 10 months? 

Do you really think surfaces are a problem? 

Read the article, it mentions it being discussed. I think it's a fair point that it should have been discussed by now and possibly even be in place 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Have you travelled back 10 months? 

Do you really think surfaces are a problem? 

Read the article, it mentions it being discussed. I think it's a fair point that it should have been discussed by now and possibly even be in place 

The article I quoted? Its from before the pandemic caused football to stop. And its not whether I think it, its whether the authorities in charge would allow it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Just read that Manchester City are installing 5620 rail seats in time for next season. I remember City have looked into this before. Anyone know what plans are? I would like to see the Atyeo converted.

And give visiting supporters a good standing experience?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wolf Island said:

Just read that Manchester City are installing 5620 rail seats in time for next season. I remember City have looked into this before. Anyone know what plans are? I would like to see the Atyeo converted.

@Wolf Island I have merged your reply with a thread that answers your question

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

And give visiting supporters a good standing experience?

They hardly ever have the whole of the stand and it would increase capacity so they’d need to allocate even less space for away fans. Could keep their bit seated on the rails and have standing home fans in the rest of the stand. It’d give a huge atmosphere boost.

Something needs to happen in the Atyeo and this is the best solution. In fact there isn’t really another solution as knocking it down and rebuilding on the same footprint would be pointless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Section 82 is the name of a fans group & not the whole area. 

But I was under the impression we were meant to be in rail seats this season just gone, hence why they made us purchase tickets next to mates in exact spots whereas before it was unreserved in all but name. 

Maybe they've shelved the idea due to costs and it not being vital to install at the moment.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Section 82 is the name of a fans group & not the whole area. 

But I was under the impression we were meant to be in rail seats this season just gone, hence why they made us purchase tickets next to mates in exact spots whereas before it was unreserved in all but name. 

Maybe they've shelved the idea due to costs and it not being vital to install at the moment.

 

I'd assume it's more of a case of segregation. Much easier to keep people apart when you're forced to sit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course all this crap could simply be avoided by:

Remove the tip up seats as they're pointless in nobody may use them;

Retain the chest height barriers;

Sell limited numbers of STs and or match tickets for the discrete blocks thus limiting numbers (folks are sensible enough should too many punters try to occupy any given row though stewards will need to take a firm grip on those trying to enter each block);

Call it a Terrace (for that is what it is);

Ban for life anybody pissing in the pocket of the person in front when they consider it too problematic to extracate themselves from the terrace.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I do hope the club will eventually give us  back the Atyeo and bung the away fans in top of the Lansdown 

 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

This has been discussed numerous times, never going to happen

 

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why not

It makes perfect sense and stops the away fans dominating an end 

As @phantom said, it’s been discussed numerous times - approx every 3-6 months. The reason it’s not going to happen, as discussed numerous times, is due to segregation. The only access to the upper Lansdown is through the ground floor Lansdown concourse. This would mean home and away fans mixing, which is not going to happen. The advantage of putting away fans in the Atyeo is their concourse and entrances are totally separated from the rest of the ground. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...