IGNORED

Barcelona say F the transfer window

Prinny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51570136

Basically a regulation in La Liga allows clubs to sign players as an "emergency" if a another player (Dembele) is ruled out for more than 5 months.

You pay a player, to break (buy out) his contract, they're then a free agent, and available to sign.

We were probably looking at doing something very similar as one of the creative ways of signing a player after Afobe went down.

Good/bad? Bad for Leganes who now don't have a player, and don't have the scope to sign someone as no-one is injured!

This is a Spanish rule, so they could only buy from another Spanish team (who then aren't allowed to sign a replacement), and he's not allowed to play in any non-Spanish competitions, such as the Champions League. 

This is no different to a normal transfer, other than being outside of the transfer window. They've simply paid the buy-out clause amount that's in his contract (which every player in Spain has), so nothing Leganes can do about it. 

Martin Braithwaite, lately of Middlesbrough is the player I believe??

Some upgrade for him...but allowing to sign a player just because of injuries for a fee makes a mockery!

While I don't think he's Barca standard, fair to say Pulis didn't get the best out of him...he often doesn't with flair players?

That aside, makes a mockery of a transfer window etc, effect on the season, integrity of competition.

Absolute joke

30 minutes ago, Prinny said:

You pay a player, to break (buy out) his contract, they're then a free agent, and available to sign.

We were probably looking at doing something very similar as one of the creative ways of signing a player after Afobe went down.

I don't think that would be allowed.  The player would have to have been a free agent at the time of the transfer window closing.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Silly rule really. Surely they must have dozens of academy players etc on their books that could fill in. 

If he's fit Ansu Fati is a 17 year old whose played 14 times for them this season and can play either wing

It's an act of desperation from a team that's having to accept the fact its an ageing side with its star players, Pique, Busqets, Alba, Suarez and even Messi either more often injured or no longer the force they once were, while their famed academy is not producing the star kids that it used to. At the same time their way of play is changing from a possession based one to a more direct style. They might still win La Liga if they win, as they often do, at the Bernebau but the times they are a changing. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's an act of desperation from a team that's having to accept the fact its an ageing side with its star players, Pique, Busqets, Alba, Suarez and even Messi either more often injured or no longer the force they once were, while their famed academy is not producing the star kids that it used to. At the same time their way of play is changing from a possession based one to a more direct style. They might still win La Liga if they win, as they often do, at the Bernebau but the times they are a changing. 

ha ha simpsons GIF

46 minutes ago, Roe said:

Absolute joke

I don't think that would be allowed.  The player would have to have been a free agent at the time of the transfer window closing.

Yeah, as I clarified above, the player never became a free agent. Barcelona simply paid the minimum fee release clause in his contract and bought him in the normal way. 

The only difference is that it took place outside the transfer window, because the Spanish league allows this in 'emergency' situations. 

The biggest joke about this is that Leganes (currently 2nd bottom and in a relegation battle) are not allowed to sign a replacement. One of the reasons the transfer window was introduced was to stop smaller teams having their best players cherry picked throughout the season.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that Barcelona needed permission from La Liga to make this signing, as per the rules, but no second thought is given to the team they have essentially robbed of their best forward. 

Ridiculous rule that favours the football elite again.

12 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

The biggest joke about this is that Leganes (currently 2nd bottom and in a relegation battle) are not allowed to sign a replacement. One of the reasons the transfer window was introduced was to stop smaller teams having their best players cherry picked throughout the season.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that Barcelona needed permission from La Liga to make this signing, as per the rules, but no second thought is given to the team they have essentially robbed of their best forward. 

Ridiculous rule that favours the football elite again.

unfair scream queens GIF

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51570136

Basically a regulation in La Liga allows clubs to sign players as an "emergency" if a another player (Dembele) is ruled out for more than 5 months.

So a club makes an Emergency Signing and then... their injured player makes a miraculous recovery astounding even that club's own Doctor!

Archived