IGNORED

Interesting press release by Inverness : what do you think?

phantom

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I lost interest at the point I read...Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup Semi-Final

In view of the tribunal's decision, it sounds more like the Cadbury's Fudge Cup!

That is a shocker, bad enough that the ref gave it as a dive, I can just about see an argument for not giving the foul, (not much) but to give it as a dive is not only piss poor from the ref but to then to not just not overturn the decision but to actually agree with it is an absolute disgrace. 

13 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Wow.

What the **** was the panel looking at ?

He dives.

Contact isn’t a foul.

Stay on your feet and play the game, don’t throw yourself to the ground looking for the penalty! If that incident happens in his own half he probably carries on.

its a contact game, if you choose to thrown yourself to the floor, you’ve chosen to dive and ultimately seek to deceive the official.

Too many ill  educated commentators and pundits often pull out the ‘there was contact’ card.

Contact isn’t a foul, it isn’t netball....yet.

14 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

I think that’s the real point they are making - from the clip - there was clear contact and the player went down because of it - the issue would be whether or not it would be deemed a foul or not.

We have seen this in English football where there has been a clear error by officials, and where, as in this case, it prevents a player from playing in a potentially ‘once in a lifetime’ match re-enforces the fact that there should be the ability to appeal ‘any yellow card (whether or not this is a second or first yellow) where undoubted evidence shows the referees reason for the card can be proved ‘totally wrong’.

This is where football needs to move with the times .....

I’m sure he would have thrown himself to the floor had he been just outside his own half ?

25 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He dives.

Contact isn’t a foul.

its a contact game, if you choose to thrown yourself to the floor, you’ve chosen to dive and ultimately seek to deceive the official.

Too many I’ll educated commentators and pundits often pull out the ‘there was contact’ card.

That is not a dive. You could maybe argue it's not a foul it's just a coming together but clearly the contact/momentum took him off his feet

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

He dives.

Contact isn’t a foul.

Stay on your feet and play the game, don’t throw yourself to the ground looking for the penalty! If that incident happens in his own half he probably carries on.

Too many ill  educated commentators and pundits often pull out the ‘there was contact’ card.

As a general comment I completely agree that far too many fouls are given when two players simply collide. I know intent isn’t necessary for a foul, but, for example, when two players both stretch for the ball and miss, but they have a clash of feet/legs, how do you decide that one is to blame and which? There is far too much assumption that if two players bump into each other, that the one who hits the deck has been fouled.

However, in this case the player that went down clearly didn’t dive. The impact knocked him off balance and he wasn’t anticipating it at all IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As a general comment I completely agree that far too many fouls are given when two players simply collide. I know intent isn’t necessary for a foul, but, for example, when two players both stretch for the ball and miss, but they have a clash of feet/legs, how do you decide that one is to blame and which? There is far too much assumption that if two players bump into each other, that the one who hits the deck has been fouled.

However, in this case the player that went down clearly didn’t dive. The impact knocked him off balance and he wasn’t anticipating it at all IMHO.

It’s a fair point ?

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

He dives.

Contact isn’t a foul.

Never in a million years was that a dive.

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

He dives.

Contact isn’t a foul.

So what? Every tackle isn't either a dive or a foul. He went down because there was significant contact as he was at full tilt, therefore he didn't dive. Doesn't matter if it was a foul really.

25 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

So what? Every tackle isn't either a dive or a foul. He went down because there was significant contact as he was at full tilt, therefore he didn't dive. Doesn't matter if it was a foul really.

Is your opinion 

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

That’s certainly an opinion 

Quite.

Not saying that was a nailed down foul either, although to me, it was more a foul than a dive, but more likely a coming together which wasn't blown up in years gone by but is now in the vast majority of cases.

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Authorities closing ranks .

46 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Nope. Stating that contact doesn't have to be either a foul or a dive is a fact. If two players go shoulder to shoulder and one ends up on the deck (for example) and a foul isn't given they haven't dived have they.

Great point in general.

In this specific instance I think he dived.

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

That is not a dive. You could maybe argue it's not a foul it's just a coming together but clearly the contact/momentum took him off his feet

Is not one of the problems that these days almost every 'contact' is deemed a foul. 

Perhaps the tribunal have viewed the footage but rightly determined it not to be a foul but their blinkered thinking doesn't enable them to conceive that non foul physical contact could cause a player to fall over. 

As a result they would have to conclude that he dived! It's mad, but entirely possible. :(

Gotta be honest here. I don't think it was either a foul or a dive.

The guy shouldn't have got a yellow (and therefore the red) as it was a definite coming together. BUT...its a man's game, and you are entitle to use your body strength to out-muscle and put an opposing player off balance, and I think that's what's happened here.

He was moving quickly and was knocked off balance for sure, but a professional footballer knows what's probably coming in that situation. Also, anyone who has ever played can see he 'made the most of it'.

But to reiterate: For me, NO foul and NO Card, and therefore no issue if this was the case! Just a coming together IMHO.

On 20/02/2020 at 11:15, Coxy27 said:

Are the rules different in Scotland then? - I didn't think you could appeal a second yellow?

On 20/02/2020 at 12:01, bcfc01 said:

How the hell could they call that simulation ?

Are they stupid ?

I am confused. If you can not review a second yellow under the rules then the decision is correct as they had no latitude to review the incident. HOWEVER. If they were able to review the decision of the ref then they have drawn a strange conclusion in view of one of the angles in particular.

Can someone clarify for me. Were the commission able to review the incident or not under SFA/Eufa rules?

On 21/02/2020 at 10:22, NOTBLUE said:

Roight.........?

"This week I have been mostly ignoring the Bleedin Obvious".............and what a Knut that number 8 was for applauding the sending off, after he committed the foul?........The Caramel Wafer Cup Final Will never be the same again

Archived