IGNORED

CUMBERLAND RD update

pillred

8 hours ago, Harry said:

What’s most annoying is when cyclists don’t actually use the cycle lane. 
There is a cycle lane on the pavement pretty much all the way along Coronation Road. The road itself is narrow, and only just fits 2 cars width, so if a cyclist is on the road rather than the path, they hold up the traffic. 
Last home game this is exactly what happened after the game. I couldn’t get past a cyclist as he was on the road and there was constant oncoming traffic. 
I beeped at him, and wound my window down to inform him that there was a cycle path he should be using, and of course all I got back was angry waving and disagreement. 
And it was a city fan too, on his way back from the game. 
If you’re on here, own up. And next time, use the ******* cycle path!! 

Whilst I agree with you Harry , I think the ‘cycle lane’ which is painted on the pavement goes through trees! ....:laughcont: :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Harry said:

What’s most annoying is when cyclists don’t actually use the cycle lane. 
There is a cycle lane on the pavement pretty much all the way along Coronation Road. The road itself is narrow, and only just fits 2 cars width, so if a cyclist is on the road rather than the path, they hold up the traffic. 
Last home game this is exactly what happened after the game. I couldn’t get past a cyclist as he was on the road and there was constant oncoming traffic. 
I beeped at him, and wound my window down to inform him that there was a cycle path he should be using, and of course all I got back was angry waving and disagreement. 
And it was a city fan too, on his way back from the game. 
If you’re on here, own up. And next time, use the ******* cycle path!! 

Same on the portway.....inbound at the bottom of Bridge valley the cyclists are supposed to cross to the cycleway on the riverside but dont bother.....and outbound there is a path all the way to seamills but a lot dont bother to use it ?....

19 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Give it a month and we can travel where we want in style and comfort on Marvin's Marvellous Magical Mass-Transport Machine.

Yes. His underground rail network that is in no way based on a fanciful dream.

19 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

The man is delusional! ...utterly clueless! 

Ah! Now I understand why Wael of Fortune thought the council would back his fruit market plans, they think alike. 

9 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Same on the portway.....inbound at the bottom of Bridge valley the cyclists are supposed to cross to the cycleway on the riverside but dont bother.....and outbound there is a path all the way to seamills but a lot dont bother to use it ?....

Even more so on the A369 where you are still confronted by cyclists struggling up hills despite the cycle lane added on the verges. 
If the situation was reversed, there would be uproar from cyclists.

On 21/02/2020 at 00:45, Slippin cider said:

They’re not doing any corrective work until the summer apparently, concrete blocks have been placed at the point of collapse to test the integrity of the road above, can’t see this opening in any direction anytime soon  ...on a brighter note you can now drive on the other side of the river (Coronation Road) and encounter massive delays and tailbacks while they construct a cycle lane (at and opposite Dean lane) that won’t be used (just like Clarence Road) and will probably cost a fortune ! Only in Bristol does one main road close and another dug up with single file traffic! .....:clap:idiots!!!!

They were working there last night with road saws and kango hammers, flipping woke I up they did.

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Off on a tangent thought this photo was interesting, not seen this before 

FB_IMG_1584072587399.jpg

Recall reading somewhere that they could only run coal trains along that section when the tide was in to support the outer wall, as per the photo.

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Off on a tangent thought this photo was interesting, not seen this before 

FB_IMG_1584072587399.jpg

The western fuel company used to run trains from by the Gaol/MShed along there and sometimes down to Portsihead docks where the Coal would come in on ships etc.  They did run some stuff along here in 1986 for the GWR 150 celebrations - I've defo got some pics somewhere.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

The western fuel company used to run trains from by the Gaol/MShed along there and sometimes down to Portsihead docks where the Coal would come in on ships etc.  They did run some stuff along here in 1986 for the GWR 150 celebrations - I've defo got some pics somewhere.

driving a steam train has got to be the best job in the world.

Archived