IGNORED

Benik (Merged)

Hampshire reds

8 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry if this has been asked by anyone. Have we got the option to buy Benik after his loan and also if we have have we agreed a fee with stoke. he seems to love city and i know the fsns love him. 

I believe we do, not sure that we would excercise that option though as the fear would be that after two ACL injuries the likelihood of reoccurences throughout his career is greatly increased (according to sources I have read on here, I am in no way a doctor).

I'd of liked to of seen more from him and was impressed with what I did see. My thought is would we spend more money on another striker if Wells starts banging them in? This is his second ACL injury I believe? I'd like to see how he comes back from injury before signing him, if he comes back and scores regularly and partners up well with Wells etc it's a no brainer  

56 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I'd of liked to of seen more from him and was impressed with what I did see. My thought is would we spend more money on another striker if Wells starts banging them in? This is his second ACL injury I believe? I'd like to see how he comes back from injury before signing him, if he comes back and scores regularly and partners up well with Wells etc it's a no brainer  

Different knee, so he’s had no recurrence of the one he did when he was 19 or 20.  Think City would love to get him back for a few games thus season to judge recovery, which would inform them whether it’s a risky signing or not.  Then you’ve got all close and pre-season to get him fit.  It’s possible to build up the muscles around the knee to increase support.  A number of Rugby Union players, play without their ACL.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Different knee, so he’s had no recurrence of the one he did when he was 19 or 20.  Think City would love to get him back for a few games thus season to judge recovery, which would inform them whether it’s a risky signing or not.  Then you’ve got all close and pre-season to get him fit.  It’s possible to build up the muscles around the knee to increase support.  A number of Rugby Union players, play without their ACL.

Good point re the ACL, I was trying find reference to it online, but couldn’t.

I did notice his goals to games ratio. A fairly solid spell between 14-16 at Wolves amend Milton Keynes respectively, but aside from that it’s not what I thought it would be.

Again the 14-16 period saw him play a decent chunk of games (not all) outside of that it’s quite patchy.

Obviously a really talented player, just not what Quite the career I thought.

We all know how difficult it is to bring strikers in at this level. IF we are a championship club again next season and Benik can prove his fitness its a no brainer for me. A strikeforce of Wells,Famara,Weimann and Afobe is the sort of strength and depth you need at this level if you want to seriously challenge over the course of a season.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

I think they will sign him... the struggles all clubs have in bringing strikers in at this level are clear, afobe seems to tick a box for us 

Agree - especially if the rumoured transfer fee of c.£3m is correct - would be stupid to turn that option down.

Wells & Afobe up front - just imagine that! ???

I'm praying:pray: that we can get Benik back, and for him to prove his fitness.

We can then exercise the option to buy him which as others have said is supposed to be a great deal for us, just like the Dasilva steal.

My fear is the lack of time, and if we don't see him back, do we still buy him and hope all is good before next season?

I'd imagine the agreed fee is only valid until the start of next season, or maybe it's sooner?

Let's say it's 3 Million, but after that it will be say 7 Million. It's a difficult one for sure!

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I'm praying:pray: that we can get Benik back, and for him to prove his fitness.

We can then exercise the option to buy him which as others have said is supposed to be a great deal for us, just like the Dasilva steal.

My fear is the lack of time, and if we don't see him back, do we still buy him and hope all is good before next season?

I'd imagine the agreed fee is only valid until the start of next season, or maybe it's sooner?

Let's say it's 3 Million, but after that it will be say 7 Million. It's a difficult one for sure!

He only has a year left on his contract this summer, so I don’t think Stoke will be in a great position to recoup a big fee.  His contract (£12m fee / 3 years) will only be valued at £4m this summer in their accounts, and it will be probably be an opportunity to free up his wages.  They may of course decide to keep him, play him and hope he does well and they can offer a new contract (should City not exercise their option).  Ashley Williams wasn’t particularly complimentary about Stoke, and Benik was certainly open about how much he was enjoying here (you could read that as he wasn’t happy there!).  But then again they have a different manager these days.  Stoke nowhere near guaranteed to be in the Champ next season either.

Lots of factors.  Would be brill if he makes it back with us, shows us he’s worth buying, and we go from there.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He only has a year left on his contract this summer, so I don’t think Stoke will be in a great position to recoup a big fee.  His contract (£12m fee / 3 years) will only be valued at £4m this summer in their accounts, and it will be probably be an opportunity to free up his wages.  They may of course decide to keep him, play him and hope he does well and they can offer a new contract (should City not exercise their option).  Ashley Williams wasn’t particularly complimentary about Stoke, and Benik was certainly open about how much he was enjoying here (you could read that as he wasn’t happy there!).  But then again they have a different manager these days.  Stoke nowhere near guaranteed to be in the Champ next season either.

Lots of factors.  Would be brill if he makes it back with us, shows us he’s worth buying, and we go from there.

I assume we would have paid a loan fee which reduces the cost of transfer ?

In terms of Stoke, the fans had turned on him there and it was a bit toxic under the manager at that time so I would be surprised if he wanted to go back.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In terms of Stoke, the fans had turned on him there and it was a bit toxic under the manager at that time so I would be surprised if he wanted to go back.

Mark Ashton stated yesterday at the Senior Reds that we do not pay loan fees.

7 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

That’s really interesting, I just assumed all clubs did these days. Chelsea run their loan players almost as a separate money-making business, sending out around 40 players each season and watching the dosh roll in. It was reported Swansea paid an extortionate amount to have Tammy on loan for the season after he left us - presume we didn’t pay a loan fee to Chelsea from what you’ve said. It’s all interesting behind the scenes! 

3 hours ago, bris red said:

We all know how difficult it is to bring strikers in at this level. IF we are a championship club again next season and Benik can prove his fitness its a no brainer for me. A strikeforce of Wells,Famara,Weimann and Afobe is the sort of strength and depth you need at this level if you want to seriously challenge over the course of a season.

Agreed. Though I think there will be some big interest in Fam in the summer and we’ll do well to keep him. 

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s really interesting, I just assumed all clubs did these days. Chelsea run their loan players almost as a separate money-making business, sending out around 40 players each season and watching the dosh roll in. It was reported Swansea paid an extortionate amount to have Tammy on loan for the season after he left us - presume we didn’t pay a loan fee to Chelsea from what you’ve said. It’s all interesting behind the scenes! 

Very true!

Yet we have so many "experts" on here who know nothing of what happens behind the scenes, but who criticise team selections, last Saturday for instance, but have no idea of illnesses, mental states, family problems or a multitude of other problems that players may be suffering.

We all see the players once a week or once a fortnight and think we know better than the owner, the head coach, the CEO or any of the players.

That's why we must remember that we are just fans.

We are entitled to an opinion, but very often that opinion is based on very little actual knowledge.

34 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

We pay a decent chunk in add ons/wages though!

The Sun says that the Robins will be hit with a fine for up to £300,000 because head coach Lee Johnson has not been picking on-loan winger Ryan Kent in City's recent matchday squads.

When the Robins won the race for Kent's signature in January, it is believed that several financial clauses were inserted into the deal to penalise City should they later not play Kent.

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, exactly that according to Kid.

37 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I don’t believe him.  What was the exact question that he was answering?

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Indeed.  Would you loan a £12m asset (albeit £8m In Stoke’s books at the point of loan to us), and City just cover some of all of the wages?

I accept in some cases you might, but I think highly unlikely in this case.

MacAnthony (Peterboro) and Holt (Accrington) regularly moan about loan fees from Champ / Prem clubs.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I play football right now with no ACL in my left knee. Have to stay in pretty good shape to do that though and keep the muscles around I t built up. 

46 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I play football right now with no ACL in my left knee. Have to stay in pretty good shape to do that though and keep the muscles around I t built up. 

I know very little about this sort of thing, how does the muscle build up compensate for the lack of ACL? I'm not 100% sure on what movement the ACL is involved in.

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

We pay a decent chunk in add ons/wages though!

The Sun says that the Robins will be hit with a fine for up to £300,000 because head coach Lee Johnson has not been picking on-loan winger Ryan Kent in City's recent matchday squads.

When the Robins won the race for Kent's signature in January, it is believed that several financial clauses were inserted into the deal to penalise City should they later not play Kent.

....and were we????

:dunno:

Archived