IGNORED

Pereira, what’s the situation ?

Major Isewater

9 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I'm baffled when you say Hunt isn't great when he is one of our most potent attacking threats, going past people and providing the assists for goals that have got us important victories especially away. He is a rugged player who has shown more than once that he won't be pushed around or intimidated by the opposition. Exactly what we need more of across the team.

Well he isn’t a great right back. He’s solid at this level. He’s got good crossing, poor passing, good in the air, poor positioning when defending, good aggression. He’s solid. A 6/10 for 3 games then he’ll have a 3/10 then an 8/10.

Its all well and good him being one of our most potent attacking threats, but in a team that is defensively not sound, that is not a priority.

11 minutes ago, shelts said:

Struggled since the piss taker left . Hoping Zac fills the void as I think the two we have aren’t much cop 

So you're kind of suggesting Luke Ayling would piss over anyone who has played there since?

Not sure, but i reckon the bloke standing to his right would...

4928.jpg

56 minutes ago, grifty said:

Well he isn’t a great right back. He’s solid at this level. He’s got good crossing, poor passing, good in the air, poor positioning when defending, good aggression. He’s solid. A 6/10 for 3 games then he’ll have a 3/10 then an 8/10.

Its all well and good him being one of our most potent attacking threats, but in a team that is defensively not sound, that is not a priority.

Good summary.  Certainly decent enough Champ RB, who’s capable of having a great game and a bad one every now and again.

His problem is Hunt is a better player than him, defensively there is not a lot between them but Hunt offers far more when attacking , as he's only going to be a back up player 6m is far to much if they would let us have him for 1.5m then would be worth having, 

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

His problem is Hunt is a better player than him, defensively there is not a lot between them but Hunt offers far more when attacking , as he's only going to be a back up player 6m is far to much if they would let us have him for 1.5m then would be worth having, 

Everyone is quoting 6 million but not one person has said where this figure came from .

32 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Pereira is far superior ro Hunt defensively. There aren't many players who are worse than Hunt defensively who has always looked far better at wing back than full back. 

I suspect LJ doesn't want Pereira because next season he wants to revert to the 5-2-1-2 we used at the start of this season, as it is looking unlikely that we will not be keeping Eliasson. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, phantom said:

Part of the problem LJ never settles on a regular right/ formation so none of our players in this position get a decent run to gain form and confidence 

I do love how a random poster gives me an aubergine emoji but doesn't add any opinion in the thread

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Everyone is quoting 6 million but not one person has said where this figure came from .

6m EUR. I know there’s not a lot of difference.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Pereira_(footballer,_born_1998)

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/bristol-fica-com-opcao-de-compra-por-pedro-pereira

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wiki just references the Portuguese site , not that I’ve any reason to doubt the report . 
À Portuguese U21 international going to a ‘ rich ‘ Championship club aiming for promotion doesn’t sound too over the top however I agree that we could probably do better for that money .

I would not want to go above 3 million for him . There should be better value out there for 6 million.

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wiki just references the Portuguese site , not that I’ve any reason to doubt the report . 
À Portuguese U21 international going to a ‘ rich ‘ Championship club aiming for promotion doesn’t sound too over the top however I agree that we could probably do better for that money .

I would not want to go above 3 million for him . There should be better value out there for 6 million.

@Olé might have more insight on this.

10 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I still haven't got over the club letting Pisano go - proper right back.

How very true. A fit Pisano would be my choice over both current RB, a real full back and decent going forward.  Perhaps lost a bit after a nasty injury

I always sensed from day 1 that. LJ was never comfortable with Pereira from the Brum debut when he welcomed him to the championship.  Nice question for McGregor to put to LJ at a press conference. 

21 hours ago, grifty said:

Ok mate. I accept a lot of that I'd say that Hunt has been 9/10 more than once. Isn't inconsistency a given , except at the higher and highest levels? I remember Paul Merson saying this after his Walsall side beat us at home, along the lines of "That was great but at this level they can't do what I want them to do every game" And SOD for all his failings said it was vital that the players, again at at the lower levels of football need  to provide an "extra man" in the way they apply themselves. (As long as they are clear what the overall plan is, of course)

On 21/02/2020 at 08:40, phantom said:

Part of the problem LJ never settles on a regular right back / formation so none of our players in this position get a decent run to gain form and confidence 

Think this sums it up. What is the point of bringing him here to back up to normally average at best Hunt? The guy is Portuguese having spent the last couple years in Italy. How best to settle him? Give him a start here and there and be a bench option or give him a 10 game run where he can sink or swim? He obviously has talent being an u21 for his country and getting good minutes for Serie A sides. He needed to play and play a lot before he was seemingly discarded. 

Will probably start today and have a shocker now I have said it. But I do think he should have been given more opportunity. And I don’t buy the see them in training every day because you aren’t going to train well being low on confidence, not everyone trains amazingly, and we have seen plenty of players get game after game being not very good. Surely performances when they count go into keeping your place even if you train your heart out? 

Archived