IGNORED

Millwall away

class not gas

I normally go to The George or the Wheatsheaf in London Bridge, never had any trouble. The George is more suitable for the summer months with it's beer garden though.

Be careful not to end up in big groups and I always leave for the train to South Bermondsey in good time, otherwise you could end up being kettled by the police.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

........otherwise you could end up being kettled by the police.

Or not if you listen to their claims. . . . :whistle2:

To be fair City fans are normally left to their own devices beforehand (except when a few hundred of us rolled into Whitechapel a few years back) - It is after the game where we will be kept back in the area behind the away end before being taken en masse back to the train

24 minutes ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Yeah is London bridge safe enough or is it worth playing it safe and drinking in paddington or getting off at Baker Street?

I reckon London bridge is one of the safest places to drink anywhere. After the terrorist attacks that have happened there the place is covered with CCTV and the police are seconds away from any incident.

Last time I went I was drinking with some Millwall fans who were telling me about it, it's the last place their trouble makers would go.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Or not if you listen to their claims. . . . :whistle2:

To be fair City fans are normally left to their own devices beforehand (except when a few hundred of us rolled into Whitechapel a few years back) - It is after the game where we will be kept back in the area behind the away end before being taken en masse back to the train

In 2018, 3 of us managed to slip away to another bit of London post game- possibly larger groups they focus on more?

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I went there at the end of November (same day as the London Bridge attacks). They have heaters. It was perfectly fine...no different to a beer garden, or the fan zone!

Sounds good.

We were looking at the Barrow Boy or Mudlark but been there before so this will be a new one for us.

10 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Shipwrights Arms or Bunch of Grapes for me

Used to go in the “Bunch of Grapes” when I used to work in Lavington St and Red Lion Court. That was a few years ago.

Went to Guns n Roses gig (Olympic Stadium) the week after the attacks and stayed in Hotel on Southwark Road. Before the gig me and me Bruv did a few bars in Borough Mkt which was the day after they re-opened, and a few more after the gig. Was a great atmosphere!

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:00, exAtyeoMax said:

I went there at the end of November (same day as the London Bridge attacks). They have heaters. It was perfectly fine...no different to a beer garden, or the fan zone!

I was at Vinegar Yard that day too. Mainly as a pit stop as I couldn't get home! It was quite a strange day/evening. 

Galway; Surely everyone must agree with Slarti here and your 50 years following City must surely NOT include watching City under Lj away from home. We've never had it so good in this, the 2nd tier of English football - even 74/75 the football wasnt a patch on this season or last. I'll match your 50 yrs with my 50 yrs and confirm it is YOU, not the football that is disappointing. Nothing personal of course

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Used to go in the “Bunch of Grapes” when I used to work in Lavington St and Red Lion Court. That was a few years ago.

Went to Guns n Roses gig (Olympic Stadium) the week after the attacks and stayed in Hotel on Southwark Road. Before the gig me and me Bruv did a few bars in Borough Mkt which was the day after they re-opened, and a few more after the gig. Was a great atmosphere!

The delightful Axl thingy keep you up/waiting long, Dave? 

Archived