IGNORED

Millwall away

class not gas

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

In 2018 I slipped away too. Just as well, really, given I live in Walthamstow and I really didn't fancy being corralled back to Paddington!

From my knowledge I don't think anyone was forced back to Paddington with the police. We just got on the train to London Bridge, and then there was no problems at all. I can remember having to go to Paddington in 2013 (which was annoying as I lived in East London) but can't remember any other time having to do that.

I'm hoping not to get forced onto a Paddington train living in Wandsworth but when I did this game last in 2018 it was fairly easy to slink off at London Bridge. No real issues that I recall. 

Looking forward to another London away day, although the result on Saturday has put a downer on it somewhat

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Galway; Surely everyone must agree with Slarti here and your 50 years following City must surely NOT include watching City under Lj away from home. We've never had it so good in this, the 2nd tier of English football - even 74/75 the football wasnt a patch on this season or last. I'll match your 50 yrs with my 50 yrs and confirm it is YOU, not the football that is disappointing. Nothing personal of course

I only manage 2 or 3 away games a season nowadays, my only away game this season I flew directly into Luton and that was the day I finally changed my mind and had enough of LJ, losing interest and enthusiasm with City like never before due to the standard of football we are producing, will renew for next season as usual because its what we do but whether I attend games while LJ is in charge is another matter so one of my family might get the benefit of my ticket, I suppose that doesn't make me a proper fan? 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I completely understand what he is saying.

Forget league position, this is the most dour football (with talented footballers) that I’ve witnessed in my 40+ years.

That’s good, if we do make the play offs, none of you will be looking for tickets to the away match.

9 minutes ago, Chappers said:

That’s good, if we do make the play offs, none of you will be looking for tickets to the away match.

Don’t worry, I certainly won’t. 

Ive stopped going, I don’t miss it one bit. I’ve watched a few games on the tv this season, what I’ve watched has made me even more sure that my decision is the correct one.

on a different tangent - does anyone remember going to Wall when Cole and Leroy absolutely tortured them on a hot April day? Went to the wire a little because of a Ray Atteveld own goal volley from 20-yards, but it was one of those matches that made you feel so optimistic for the next season. 

Brilliant atmosphere from us, under that dark old roof next to the pylon and yellow barbed fences. Cider monsters bouncing around, ooooh, doobie doobie doo :D 

Did many stupid things in my youth, but going to the Old Den was one of my wiser decisions. Possibly the greatest stadium I've visited! 

On 24/02/2020 at 11:39, devoncider said:

I'm hoping not to get forced onto a Paddington train living in Wandsworth but when I did this game last in 2018 it was fairly easy to slink off at London Bridge. No real issues that I recall. 

Looking forward to another London away day, although the result on Saturday has put a downer on it somewhat

Did this game from Wandsworth a couple of seasons ago. No trouble at all getting to London Bridge via the overground to Waterloo. Suspect that was the same game you're describing.

I just played dumb and told the police I wasn't with the fans and had to go to work in the City. Let me straight through the kettle cordon.

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Did this game from Wandsworth a couple of seasons ago. No trouble at all getting to London Bridge via the overground to Waterloo. Suspect that was the same game you're describing.

I just played dumb and told the police I wasn't with the fans and had to go to work in the City. Let me straight through the kettle cordon.

annoyingly SWR overground isnt running this weekend (earlsfield to waterloo).

So it's a bus to Tooting then northern line for me!

10 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Does anyone have any advice for parking tomorrow? I’ve seen on their website that it advises people to get to the ground through other transport, however I was wondering if anyone has any tips regardless.

Nothing around the ground really.

Use JustPark, lots of spaces and driveways within a couple miles of the Den, paid around £6 last season.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Anyone got a spare seat in their car?

Looking for a lift back to Bristol after the game. 

Will promise to be silent if we lose.

Re the ‘promise to be silent if we lose’ bit, I wonder what it must be like on the team coach on the way back after a game like the Huddersfield one? All those players/staff/emotions stuck together for hours!

27 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Re the ‘promise to be silent if we lose’ bit, I wonder what it must be like on the team coach on the way back after a game like the Huddersfield one? All those players/staff/emotions stuck together for hours!

Matt Parsons told me that being around the first team has helped him get over losses quicker than when he was "just a fan". 

They're obviously down for the rest of the day but then they're back to training and have to move on or else.

On 21/02/2020 at 16:34, Taunton_BCFC said:

We normally have food and a few in the Baker Street spoons. Then onto London Bridge. Found a nice little pub by station last season! Can’t remember the name tho.

The Grapes is near London Bridge and a nice pint b4 the game. 

Archived