Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

class not gas

Millwall away

I normally go to The George or the Wheatsheaf in London Bridge, never had any trouble. The George is more suitable for the summer months with it's beer garden though.

Be careful not to end up in big groups and I always leave for the train to South Bermondsey in good time, otherwise you could end up being kettled by the police.

24 minutes ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Yeah is London bridge safe enough or is it worth playing it safe and drinking in paddington or getting off at Baker Street?

London Bridge will be fine, no problems that side of the river anymore

12 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

........otherwise you could end up being kettled by the police.

Or not if you listen to their claims. . . . :whistle2:

To be fair City fans are normally left to their own devices beforehand (except when a few hundred of us rolled into Whitechapel a few years back) - It is after the game where we will be kept back in the area behind the away end before being taken en masse back to the train

24 minutes ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Yeah is London bridge safe enough or is it worth playing it safe and drinking in paddington or getting off at Baker Street?

I reckon London bridge is one of the safest places to drink anywhere. After the terrorist attacks that have happened there the place is covered with CCTV and the police are seconds away from any incident.

Last time I went I was drinking with some Millwall fans who were telling me about it, it's the last place their trouble makers would go.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Or not if you listen to their claims. . . . :whistle2:

To be fair City fans are normally left to their own devices beforehand (except when a few hundred of us rolled into Whitechapel a few years back) - It is after the game where we will be kept back in the area behind the away end before being taken en masse back to the train

In 2018, 3 of us managed to slip away to another bit of London post game- possibly larger groups they focus on more?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

only 900 sold. thought we would have 2kplus

I had every intention of going but the way we are plying I just can't raise the enthusiasm, its such dire football 

• Hedgehog 1

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

only 900 sold. thought we would have 2kplus

There’s a couple of hundred City fans who are away for the weekend. A large number of them would usually do this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

I had every intention of going but the way we are plying I just can't raise the enthusiasm, its such dire football 

And yet we take the piss out of the fewers ?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Last time I went,I left straight after the final whistle and it seems away fans are allowed to get away first

I got an earlier than expected train from South Bermondsey

To parson street I hope ...... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, this is a completely genuine question, but...

What train is everyone getting?

As late as possible 

But bear in mind there is line works around Swi that day 

45 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In February..?! 

I went there at the end of November (same day as the London Bridge attacks). They have heaters. It was perfectly fine...no different to a beer garden, or the fan zone!

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I went there at the end of November (same day as the London Bridge attacks). They have heaters. It was perfectly fine...no different to a beer garden, or the fan zone!

Sounds good.

We were looking at the Barrow Boy or Mudlark but been there before so this will be a new one for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Shipwrights Arms or Bunch of Grapes for me

Used to go in the “Bunch of Grapes” when I used to work in Lavington St and Red Lion Court. That was a few years ago.

Went to Guns n Roses gig (Olympic Stadium) the week after the attacks and stayed in Hotel on Southwark Road. Before the gig me and me Bruv did a few bars in Borough Mkt which was the day after they re-opened, and a few more after the gig. Was a great atmosphere!

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:00, exAtyeoMax said:

I was at Vinegar Yard that day too. Mainly as a pit stop as I couldn't get home! It was quite a strange day/evening. 

• Like 1

Galway; Surely everyone must agree with Slarti here and your 50 years following City must surely NOT include watching City under Lj away from home. We've never had it so good in this, the 2nd tier of English football - even 74/75 the football wasnt a patch on this season or last. I'll match your 50 yrs with my 50 yrs and confirm it is YOU, not the football that is disappointing. Nothing personal of course

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I was at Vinegar Yard that day too. Mainly as a pit stop as I couldn't get home! It was quite a strange day/evening. 

we were there 20 minutes before the attacks and London Bridge was shutdown, a beautiful sunny day. A bit different later on…

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Used to go in the “Bunch of Grapes” when I used to work in Lavington St and Red Lion Court. That was a few years ago.

Went to Guns n Roses gig (Olympic Stadium) the week after the attacks and stayed in Hotel on Southwark Road. Before the gig me and me Bruv did a few bars in Borough Mkt which was the day after they re-opened, and a few more after the gig. Was a great atmosphere!

The delightful Axl thingy keep you up/waiting long, Dave? 

On 21/02/2020 at 17:43, Mr Popodopolous said:

In 2018, 3 of us managed to slip away to another bit of London post game- possibly larger groups they focus on more?

In 2018 I slipped away too. Just as well, really, given I live in Walthamstow and I really didn't fancy being corralled back to Paddington!

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

In 2018 I slipped away too. Just as well, really, given I live in Walthamstow and I really didn't fancy being corralled back to Paddington!

From my knowledge I don't think anyone was forced back to Paddington with the police. We just got on the train to London Bridge, and then there was no problems at all. I can remember having to go to Paddington in 2013 (which was annoying as I lived in East London) but can't remember any other time having to do that.

I'm hoping not to get forced onto a Paddington train living in Wandsworth but when I did this game last in 2018 it was fairly easy to slink off at London Bridge. No real issues that I recall. 

Looking forward to another London away day, although the result on Saturday has put a downer on it somewhat

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Galway; Surely everyone must agree with Slarti here and your 50 years following City must surely NOT include watching City under Lj away from home. We've never had it so good in this, the 2nd tier of English football - even 74/75 the football wasnt a patch on this season or last. I'll match your 50 yrs with my 50 yrs and confirm it is YOU, not the football that is disappointing. Nothing personal of course

I only manage 2 or 3 away games a season nowadays, my only away game this season I flew directly into Luton and that was the day I finally changed my mind and had enough of LJ, losing interest and enthusiasm with City like never before due to the standard of football we are producing, will renew for next season as usual because its what we do but whether I attend games while LJ is in charge is another matter so one of my family might get the benefit of my ticket, I suppose that doesn't make me a proper fan? 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Galway. Nothing to do with 'proper', just impossible to understand

I completely understand what he is saying.

Forget league position, this is the most dour football (with talented footballers) that I’ve witnessed in my 40+ years.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I completely understand what he is saying.

Forget league position, this is the most dour football (with talented footballers) that I’ve witnessed in my 40+ years.

That’s good, if we do make the play offs, none of you will be looking for tickets to the away match.

9 minutes ago, Chappers said:

That’s good, if we do make the play offs, none of you will be looking for tickets to the away match.

Don’t worry, I certainly won’t. 

Ive stopped going, I don’t miss it one bit. I’ve watched a few games on the tv this season, what I’ve watched has made me even more sure that my decision is the correct one.

• Like 1
  • Rovers 1

on a different tangent - does anyone remember going to Wall when Cole and Leroy absolutely tortured them on a hot April day? Went to the wire a little because of a Ray Atteveld own goal volley from 20-yards, but it was one of those matches that made you feel so optimistic for the next season. 

Brilliant atmosphere from us, under that dark old roof next to the pylon and yellow barbed fences. Cider monsters bouncing around, ooooh, doobie doobie doo :D 

Did many stupid things in my youth, but going to the Old Den was one of my wiser decisions. Possibly the greatest stadium I've visited! 

Random fact: anyone who likes rap music from the golden era in the early nineties, a classic duo from New York are performing live, walking distance of the Den, on Saturday night. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

Random fact: anyone who likes rap music from the golden era in the early nineties, a classic duo from New York are performing live, walking distance of the Den, on Saturday night. 

DAS EFX ?

• Like 1

On 24/02/2020 at 11:39, devoncider said:

I'm hoping not to get forced onto a Paddington train living in Wandsworth but when I did this game last in 2018 it was fairly easy to slink off at London Bridge. No real issues that I recall. 

Looking forward to another London away day, although the result on Saturday has put a downer on it somewhat

Did this game from Wandsworth a couple of seasons ago. No trouble at all getting to London Bridge via the overground to Waterloo. Suspect that was the same game you're describing.

I just played dumb and told the police I wasn't with the fans and had to go to work in the City. Let me straight through the kettle cordon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

DAS EFX ?

Diggedy DAS EFX.