IGNORED

Derby v Fulham

Charlie0016

17 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

I wonder if Villa fans had the same view at this time last season.

Honestly whether they did or didn't has no bearing on our likelihood of finishing second. I'm sure they all hoped for it but suspect few seriously thought they could do it. Our final position this season is a distinct event that will be determined by the outcome of around 60 football matches. I've never said we cannot finish second because mathematically of course we can. However, based on the evidence of the last 33 league games it is incredibly unlikely to happen so personally I'm not considering it as a serious possibility.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Honestly whether they did or didn't has no bearing on our likelihood of finishing second. I'm sure they all hoped for it but suspect few seriously thought they could do it. Our final position this season is a distinct event that will be determined by the outcome of around 60 football matches. I've never said we cannot finish second because mathematically of course we can. However, based on the evidence of the last 33 league games it is incredibly unlikely to happen so personally I'm not considering it as a serious possibility.

Fair enough, but rather than take the negative view of The Original OTIB that "we won't be automatic", I prefer to be optimistic that "we might".

?

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have to agree. Great that fans are optimistic but imo if you seriously look at the squads , I just don’t think we’re quite good enough. 
up front , the form fams in, plus Nahki and possibly benik to come back . Plus wiemann and assists from Eliasson , we’ve got enough firepower . Centre half wise we’re covered and have quality. We also have one of , if not the best keepers in the league.

However, where games are won and lost , in midfield , I just don’t think we’re good enough. Henrickson will prove a decent signing no doubt . It’s a lot to expect of massengo to step up , is korey back to his best and Nagy’s  injury ongoing ? . Plus questionable defensive qualities of the full backs. 
West Brom, Leeds , Brentford and Fulham have better squads in my opinion. We’re getting there , but not there yet. 

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Eh ?

They look a lot above Derby to me.

Very good side and with 22m Mitrovic they are the real deal - better than Leeds or WBA - we'll see at the end of the season.

Just basing it on tonight. They were awful. Derby by far better team with Rooney the best player on the pitch.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Fulham were really poor. Considering the squad they have you have to say Parker is doing a bad job

If they don’t go up, Mitrovic will be off (and others) - I really rate him now. Can see him at Wolves / Everton and banging the goals in. Class player

Mitrovic not really done it in the prem.

I am usually happy when the teams around us playing each other draw and in this case, the result keeps us in touch will Fulham and does not allow Derby to get much closer.

Blackburn and Cardiff's games today are just as important as if either of them win, they will go above us if we can't take points from the Baggies.

Blackburn will find it hard to get points at Brentford in the 12.30 ko, whilst Cardiff have a slightly easier job at Stoke.

Would really love to see us get 3 points today, but WBA seemed virtually unplayable at the moment and we apparently have a squad recovering from illness.

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Sky commentators love to blow smoke up his harris! :yawn:

Rooney played well. It was actually his 500th football league match. He scored a great penalty and seems to be the driving force behind the Rams at the moment. 

Archived