IGNORED

On sight interview with Ádám Nagy

Hunsupport

A Hungarian journalist went to Bristol to get this interview and pics. I won't write down the whole thing (Google translates quite well to English so those who want can put it in the traslator column by column) only some main talking points:

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/legiosok/legiosok-otthon-nem-tepik-le-egymasrol-a-mezt-nagy-adam-2748993

- importance of the emotional support from his mrs

- adapting to the life in Bristol (pretty much the same he said in that long press conf interview)

- shutting out the social media of his life

- Hungarians playing abroad 

- EC qualifiers

And the most important thing: " My ankle is stronger day by day however I'm struggling with this injury for 6 months now. We agreed (medical and coaching staff) that I will play like this till the end of the season and if I'm still not 100% I'll get the minor surgery. That will mean about 3 months in the summer for recovery."

6-4_Nagy_Adam2__DCS_960px.jpg

29 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

And the most important thing: " My ankle is stronger day by day however I'm struggling with this injury for 6 months now. We agreed (medical and coaching staff) that I will play like this till the end of the season and if I'm still not 100% I'll get the minor surgery. That will mean about 3 months in the summer for recovery."

Thanks for this. Glad he's not stupid enough to have a "mis-translation" interview.

And glad he's agreed to get the surgery if needed.  

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I'd sooner let Nagy have his surgery now rather than be as ineffective as he has been so far through not being 100%. Doing it this way pre-season is not butting up against the recovery period

Guess there could be club v country rearing it’s head again with Hungary a chance of qualifying still?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Guess there could be club v country rearing it’s head again with Hungary a chance of qualifying still?

I think he would have had the op by now if the decision was 100% down to the City staff. Its not as if we're short of midfielders and he's also not playing at 100%. He could be back for pre-season if he had the op now.

Its a big risk to carry on playing with an injury if it isn't really necessary to do so - it must be the fact he wants to play for Hungary and they want him to play. In which case, is he risked in the Championship ? 

Not a good situation and I'd like to hear LJs candid view of it.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

It’s a shame that some fans have judged him so early. Seems a very good player who has had to play through injury.  

I think a lot of fans judged him early in a very positive way. He was fantastic before his injury and hasn't been the same since which is a real shame.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think he would have had the op by now if the decision was 100% down to the City staff. Its not as if we're short of midfielders and he's also not playing at 100%. He could be back for pre-season if he had the op now.

Its a big risk to carry on playing with an injury if it isn't really necessary to do so - it must be the fact he wants to play for Hungary and they want him to play. In which case, is he risked in the Championship ? 

Not a good situation and I'd like to hear LJs candid view of it.

I think it's quite the opposite. As he said earlier the scans showed that the ankle healed perfectly so he is injury free - as far as him, the coaching staff and everyone else is concerned. There are side effects and that ankle needs "rebuilding" of sorts so until it turns out if it can be done naturally or only with an op then why not use an asset - from club and country point of view. His game time might need management but he offers options on training, games, etc. so that's why I think they're waiting till May. Until then LJ can use him and he's got use for the team, this can be their thinking about this issue. 

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Before his injury he showed what a class player is. Unfortunately today, like most of his teammates, he looked poor. 

I think we all got a bit carried away,he was good in some games and rank average in some before his injury,I wouldn’t write him off but he gave the ball away so many times today that he shouldn’t be starting right now 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I think we all got a bit carried away,he was good in some games and rank average in some before his injury,I wouldn’t write him off but he gave the ball away so many times today that he shouldn’t be starting right now 

How many games did he actually play before his injury.....Birmingham? QPR?

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly,some people thought he was the second coming 

Class act in both those games as well as Charlton. But like a lot of new signings....massengo being another.....has dropped down in standard to a similar level to peers. 

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I have to agree with you. Nagy isn't top half Championship standard, that's for sure

Archived