IGNORED

Today’s Questions

Davefevs

Jack Hunt - was he left out last week for Kalas so that Kalas could replace Fam’s height?

Filip Benkovic - is his calf niggle better?

Adam Nagy - is he still ill?

Korey Smith - did his fluid get drained or not?

Famara Diedhiou - is he still ill?

Andreas Weimann - is he still ill?

Has anyone else picked up the bug?

Bit difficult trying to guess the starting line-up today, but I hope Fam is fit, as I saw green shoots from his partnership with Wells v Derby.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, really not sure what teamsheet we will get for this one, but we can't afford any passengers, can we.

I’d go as big and physical as I can today.

I think we’ll see tweaks to the:

Bentley | Hunt Williams Benkovic Dasilva | Eliasson Smith Henriksen Paterson | Wells Diedhiou

He wanted to start last week with.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jack Hunt - was he left out last week for Kalas so that Kalas could replace Fam’s height?

Bit difficult trying to guess the starting line-up today, but I hope Fam is fit, as I saw green shoots from his partnership with Wells v Derby.

Ask these guys:

On Hunt/Kalas, didn’t LJ say in the presser that Hunt was in the side until Friday? I could see the logic of Kalas replacing Hunt on height to make up for Fams absence, but as that would also necessitate a change in shape a touch I read it more as Hunt wasn’t 100% as opposed to that reason.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ask these guys:

On Hunt/Kalas, didn’t LJ say in the presser that Hunt was in the side until Friday? I could see the logic of Kalas replacing Hunt on height to make up for Fams absence, but as that would also necessitate a change in shape a touch I read it more as Hunt wasn’t 100% as opposed to that reason.

I wondered that, but there has been no mention of Hunt’s illness.  Were we really caught out by the illness, e.g. did Pereira travel?

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully all the lads suffering from illness were sent up to Preston's training ground...

I suppose until we know who is available, there's no point in discussing formation and teams selection. 

I just hope we can compete in this game.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Hopefully all the lads suffering from illness were sent up to Preston's training ground...

I suppose until we know who is available, there's no point in discussing formation and teams selection. 

I just hope we can compete in this game.

In which case about 14:45 when we hear LJ’s pre-match team selection interview.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wondered that, but there has been no mention of Hunt’s illness.  Were we really caught out by the illness, e.g. did Pereira travel?

I reckon yes we were that caught.

In the presser, LJ says about being told by Fam at 6am he couldn’t play. Weimann having to run off and vomit - if he was anywhere near close to that in the run up he wouldn’t have travelled. Jack Hunt rooms with Andi IIRC so that leads me to believe that he may have also been caught up to have dropped out.

Always enjoy watching West Brom play (wish we had the same playstyle) so it will be a good game regardless, really hope we are not to strained with illness / injuries though as really want us to keep in touch of the top 6 and that's going to mean taking points of the teams above/around us.

Hopefully the illness has passed and the affected players are fully fit. in which case it comes down to which ones with niggles etc etc are available.

LJ pulled a master stroke last season against the Baggies by playing Webster in midfield but I guess he won’t have many options today.

I have a good feeling about today tho........

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can I have 50:50 or phone a friend Dave?

35 minutes ago, Roe said:

Not necessarily Johnson's fault but it's yet another game where we haven't got a clue who's gonna play or even in what formation.  I guess it confuses the opposition?

FFS against Brum, LJ was criticised for keeping the same starting 11..!

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d go as big and physical as I can today.

I think we’ll see tweaks to the:

Bentley | Hunt Williams Benkovic Dasilva | Eliasson Smith Henriksen Paterson | Wells Diedhiou

He wanted to start last week with.

We need a strong referee, Dave. In the reverse fixture, Livermore committed five 'tactical' fouls without being penalised. Bartley is no shrinking violet either.

Archived