IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 34

Septic Peg

Today's MDT is brought to you by the letter B for bum.

A puzzler for the cleverclogs that frequent OTIB. An image popped up on my FB memories from exactly 2 years ago and I have absolutely no memory of what and why it happened. Answers on a postcard please. Image at the bottom of the post.

Some rustling was made this week with regards to today's opponents. In a 2-2 draw against Nottingham Forest, reffed by fan favourite Keith Stroud, the salt was liberally thrown by the Forest twitter account, to which, WBA responded with a two worded tweet that finished it. Outstanding work from the WBA admin. Take note David.

Also in other news. Man Flu. Reports suggest that we have a squad of just 12 fit players after a serious outbreak of man flu spread through the Failand training ground. I have no idea who was the first to succumb to the Lemsip and Kleenex mansize box but I would bet that they have kids because children are walking germ factories. 

North Korea has so far prevented any trace of coronavirus entering the country (that we are aware of) so I suggest that LJ and MA take a summer holiday to meet the Supreme Leader and get some tips, to ensure this kind of outbreak doesn't happen again.

On to today...

As previously mentioned, the squad has been depleted. Expect a hodge podge line up straight from the tombola.

Naughty boy Charlie Austin has been given the nod to play for WBA after sending naughty tweets taking shots at his previous employers fanbase. Tut tut. 

One to watch is on loan Callum Robinson from Sheff Utd. Like Hernandez last week with Leeds, he likes playing against us, averaging a goal or assist in most games.

Saying it now. 3-1 Baggies. They'll go up for a reason.

Here's the picture btw!

COYRS!

28058435_10100184074048790_1725122415164737842_n.jpg

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

A puzzler for the cleverclogs that frequent OTIB. An image popped up on my FB memories from exactly 2 years ago and I have absolutely no memory of what and why it happened. Answers on a postcard please. Image at the bottom of the post.

Some rustling was made this week with regards to today's opponents. In a 2-2 draw against Nottingham Forest, reffed by fan favourite Keith Stroud, the salt was liberally thrown by the Forest twitter account, to which, WBA responded with a two worded tweet that finished it. Outstanding work from the WBA admin. Take note David.

Also in other news. Man Flu. Reports suggest that we have a squad of just 12 fit players after a serious outbreak of man flu spread through the Failand training ground. I have no idea who was the first to succumb to the Lemsip and Kleenex mansize box but I would bet that they have kids because children are walking germ factories. 

North Korea has so far prevented any trace of coronavirus entering the country (that we are aware of) so I suggest that LJ and MA take a summer holiday to meet the Supreme Leader and get some tips, to ensure this kind of outbreak doesn't happen again.

On to today...

As previously mentioned, the squad has been depleted. Expect a hodge podge line up straight from the tombola.

Naughty boy Charlie Austin has been given the nod to play for WBA after sending naughty tweets taking shots at his previous employers fanbase. Tut tut. 

One to watch is on loan Callum Robinson from Sheff Utd. Like Hernandez last week with Leeds, he likes playing against us, averaging a goal or assist in most games.

Here's the picture btw!

COYRS!

Streakers with their pants still on. The game went soft long long ago.

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

On to today...

Here's the picture btw!

COYRS!

Why would any one get jiggy with a barrier ? 

That picture was it not Bradley Orr's cousin against Tranmere.( could be wrong on the opponents).

If it was said Bradley Orr's cousin ,(not sure it is by the way) sat directly behind a group of his friends and just for a laugh one decided to strip off and jump on his back in about the 93rd minute 

GJ not best pleased.

God Bless Bradley Orr

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

That picture was it not Bradley Orr's cousin against Tranmere.( could be wrong on the opponents).

If it was said Bradley Orr's cousin ,(not sure it is by the way) sat directly behind a group of his friends and just for a laugh one decided to strip off and jump on his back in about the 93rd minute 

GJ not best pleased.

God Bless Bradley Orr

The photo is from 2 years ago so I'd be surprised!

6 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The photo is from 2 years ago so I'd be surprised!

Good point , well made.

Didn't think it was the Bradley Orr incident but an excuse to bring the great man to the legions of current fans who have probably never seen him plying his trade on the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate.

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Apparently only 12 of our squad even managed to train this week - the rest are all sick. 
On paper this looks like a comprehensive away win - but we seem to do better when our selection is forced, so who knows?

That was nearer the beginning of the week though: I think LJ hoped to have most of the players back for today (maybe not Korey?). I'll be upset if Fammy isn't available. The main problem will be the wind, and not just from the usual suspects in E31.

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Perhaps it's because it went soft that he kept his pants on.:shocking:

In fairness (thankfully) I cant ever recall seeing a streaker running across the pitch with a raging hard on. 
Actually, why is that..?! 
If I were that way inclined, I’d at least want to be looking my best infront of thousands of people..! 

FFS, why am I even thinking about this..! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness (thankfully) I cant ever recall seeing a streaker running across the pitch with a raging hard on. 
If I were that way inclined, I’d at least want to be looking my best infront of thousands of people..! 

Careful, you are being monitored by the thought police or maybe even an algorithm ?

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That was nearer the beginning of the week though: I think LJ hoped to have most of the players back for today (maybe not Korey?). I'll be upset if Fammy isn't available. The main problem will be the wind, and not just from the usual suspects in E31.

The wind is forecast to die down in time for the game. Also, it's not that likely to rain. So hoping for brighter skies and an optimistic mood after all the rain and wind we've had - let's get Ashton Gate rocking - looking forward to Psych ops to unnerve the brummies - let's make them wish they'd gone to Weston instead. COYR.

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Looking graceful and strong, striding about the pitch. I wouldn’t fancy that take down though... 

I see the Racing Post has WBA as their Banker Bet of the Weekend.   Yep, out of all the games played in the UK today, they are advising to Get On WBA for an away win.  Wouldn't it be awesome to prove them wrong?..........Though I am not holding my breath.?   PS.  Personally I reckon the banker is Sunderland Home win?

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tone for the thread set early I see.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

On to today...

Here's the picture btw!

COYRS!

Not to keen on the new Ball Boy outfits?

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If they had one they wouldn't be sprinting, they'd be pole vaulting!

Archived