IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 34

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Shoutout to O’Dowda for throwing the ball 20 yards infield from a throw in during gale force winds to lead to their first. Really excellent stuff. 

I know COD is one of the forum whipping boys but surely it was more Henriksen’s fault for dawdling on the ball and letting the attacker knick it off him? 

Our first half in a sentence.....we have been far too sloppy when we have the ball, giving it away cheaply and making few quality forward passes. We’ve been doing this all season tbh however against better teams like WBA we are being made to pay for it big time. 

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

How does having 0 shots not tell the story

Because as I just said, we’ve had a very good chance to pull one back. 0 shots suggest we’ve had no chances, but CODs chance if he’d connected is as good as anything they’ve created except maybe the blocked volley.

weve handed them to goals, almost quite literally from Bentley, first one was unlucky but second he’s dropped it at Robson Kanus feet

What gets my goat is the constant head tennis when they dont  get the ball down to play a simple pass, they head it and it usually gifts position to the opponent.  Incredibly frustrating. Understand sometimes it's not possible and you have to head it away. 

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

How does having 0 shots not tell the story

it does tells me were Shit... we are embarrassing at home and will be the reason we will not get into the top 6....

for one I would just like us to play at home like every other club plays instead of this dire crap that seems to happen over and over again...

Let me sum up the half for you. 

If you’re the sort of person who’s impressed with neat interplay in the middle third and then absolutely nothing further forward than that, then you’ll have enjoyed the first thirty minutes. But the reality is, you’re not going to beat anyone l, much less WBA without having a shot on goal. 

If you’re the sort of person who likes being careless with the ball 25 yards out then you’ll have shot your load over the last 15 minutes. Henricksen, Fammy and Dasilva were at least three who were guilty. The two former being punished with goals. 

Some will no doubt say that we were unlucky with the first and poor goalkeeping with the second, but dicking around with the ball is gonna get your caught out. 

So, yeh, it’s been great if you like your football played in and around the centre circle. 

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Because as I just said, we’ve had a very good chance to pull one back. 0 shots suggest we’ve had no chances, but CODs chance if he’d connected is as good as anything they’ve created except maybe the blocked volley.

weve handed them to goals, almost quite literally from Bentley, first one was unlucky but second he’s dropped it at Robson Kanus feet

Bentley often drops or pushes balls back out into the danger area. Championship Pickford 

Not read much of this thread as I’m freezing in the Dolman but for me we are unlucky to be 2 goals adrift. Decent performance until the first goal. Second has made this very difficult. But a cracking match between two entertaining sides. Let’s be honest. They are a better team than us. If we could get one back it would be interesting. 

This is Boys against Men riddled with errors in defence & midfield combined with a powderpuff attacking intent. 3 of our 4 midfielders have pulled out of 50:50 tackles in the first half which is pathetic given the importance of the game. 
Promotion hopefuls my arse - we are miles off the standard of the top teams as now demonstrated by Brentford, Leeds & WBA in recent weeks.

Just watched the first half on Robins TV so just popped on here to see what people think of our first half showing.I must be watching a different game judging by some of the posts I've read.....After a decent opening they have dominated us and could have gone in 3 or 4 up.We haven't had a shot and our passing is woeful.We are going to have to up our game to get anything from this at all.As a side note I just wish Fam was as effective in their box as he is in ours.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Not read much of this thread as I’m freezing in the Dolman but for me we are unlucky to be 2 goals adrift. Decent performance until the first goal. Second has made this very difficult. But a cracking match between two entertaining sides. Let’s be honest. They are a better team than us. If we could get one back it would be interesting. 

I’m opposite in the Lansdown. How exactly are we unlucky if we’re not threatening their goal?

We’re entertaining enough in the centre circle. I’ll give you that. 

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Genuine question....what makes this a decent performance for you?

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bet you’ve got a boner 

I can go watch City for nothing, ie complimentary ticket, but I'm not there. absolutely no interest what so ever of watching Johnson tactics.

Go ahead get behind your hero, thats your choice, some of us are in reality, some of us don't  dream of Johnson ever becoming a top championship manager because that really is just a dream and certainly not reality.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

When the **** have we entertained? Seriously? Bristol City entertaining? First laugh I've had since I've entered the ground.

Archived