IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 34

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Not read much of this thread as I’m freezing in the Dolman but for me we are unlucky to be 2 goals adrift. Decent performance until the first goal. Second has made this very difficult. But a cracking match between two entertaining sides. Let’s be honest. They are a better team than us. If we could get one back it would be interesting. 

Most teams are when they come to Ashton Gate

First goal was poor throw by COD and sloppy giveaway by Henrickson, then Bentley unlucky that his save rebounded.

Second goal was poor goalkeeping by Bentley, he has to hold that.

Overall, we have virtually no link-up play between defence and attack, crying out for a 3rd man in CM. COD has offered nothing, Eliasson not much more. I'd take COD off for Palmer, nothing much to lose.

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I can go watch City for nothing, ie complimentary ticket, but I'm not there. absolutely no interest what so ever of watching Johnson tactics.

Go ahead get behind your hero, thats your choice, some of us are in reality, some of us don't  dream of Johnson ever becoming a top championship manager because that really is just a dream and certainly not reality.

That posts sums you up. Desperate for Johnson to fail even though that means city failing 

16 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He can celebrate however he wants (within limits) which he did. If you get stick from fans there is nothing wrong with it. 

He didn’t get any stick prior. Really strange behaviour.

He must be a lot younger than I thought.

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Let me sum up the half for you. 

If you’re the sort of person who’s impressed with neat interplay in the middle third and then absolutely nothing further forward than that, then you’ll have enjoyed the first thirty minutes. But the reality is, you’re not going to beat anyone l, much less WBA without having a shot on goal. 

If you’re the sort of person who likes being careless with the ball 25 yards out then you’ll have shot your load over the last 15 minutes. Henricksen, Fammy and Dasilva were at least three who were guilty. The two former being punished with goals. 

Some will no doubt say that we were unlucky with the first and poor goalkeeping with the second, but dicking around with the ball is gonna get your caught out. 

So, yeh, it’s been great if you like your football played in and around the centre circle. 

That’s all we can do though due to lack of creativity.

8 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I can go watch City for nothing, ie complimentary ticket, but I'm not there. absolutely no interest what so ever of watching Johnson tactics.

Go ahead get behind your hero, thats your choice, some of us are in reality, some of us don't  dream of Johnson ever becoming a top championship manager because that really is just a dream and certainly not reality.

That really is pathetic. Beat these last time we played them, scored three goals at home last time out, 7th in the Championship with a realistic chance of a play off spot. And you choose not to go when you could have gone for nothing.

The lack of perspective or even any understanding of what it means to be a “supporter” is beyond belief.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That really is pathetic. Beat these last time we played them, scored three goals at home last time out, 7th in the Championship with a realistic chance of a play off spot. And you choose not to go when you could have gone for nothing.

The lack of perspective or even any understanding of what it means to be a “supporter” is beyond belief.

Willy waving time? Lets see what grounds you have travelled to with City?

Did you watch us every game when we we're bottom of the 4th division? 

Did you go to Newporr away???

To be fair, we’ve done a really good job of nullifying January’s league player of the month, a striker in red-hot form. Problem being he now plays for us. Says something about opportunities being created doesn’t it?

If we’re not getting into positions to shoot or score, then we’re no threat. If we’re no threat then the opposition only have to contain a midfield? 

I miss our high press game. Seems like a lifetime ago. 

Not angry that we are getting played off the park but in this league there should still be a level of competitiveness and atleast creating a few chances wherever the teams are in the league.

The last two games have been dire watching.

Can count plenty of times we've played teams at the top of the league over the years and we've caused them a few problems. This setup just doesnt seem capable of doing that against the top sides. 

Too negative and too passive to really make an impact.

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Willy waving time? Lets see what grounds you have travelled to with City?

Did you watch us every game when we we're bottom of the 4th division? 

Did you go to Newporr away???

Nope. Mainly because I’m 36 and wasn’t alive back then. I have a young family now and go when my finances and circumstances permit. But I’m not the one proudly boasting about not going when I could have done for free, as if being 7th in the Championship is some sort of low point in our history. It’s pathetic.

Archived