IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 34

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Our wage bill is £17m.  West Brom's wage bill is not £68m, it's less than half that.

Yes they outspend us and have better players but they should not be cantering past us 3-0 in second gear.

Would be interested to know Preston and Millwalls. Last two games were always going be tough, but we have looked miles and miles away.

1 minute ago, Modestant said:

They’re top of the league. We’re terrible at home. We might still make the play-offs. We’re overachieving. They’re are 12 games left. 

Johnson out ?

The fact you think we are over achieving is damning in itself.

I can live with losing to a good side. I can live with being unlucky and losing to a poor side.

What I am really struggling with is us not being able to put in anything other than the 'odd' good performance against anyone at home.

I admit I never expected a win today - but I didn't expect to wait 88 minutes for the first shot on target. 

I honestly don’t know what people expected from today. We aren’t awful and do enough to finish in the top half. I think 12-8 is our bracket.

West Brom, Leeds, Brentford, Forest are just better than us.

Is this Lee Johnson or Steve Lansdown’s design? Who knows?

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I honestly don’t know what people expected from today. We aren’t awful and do enough to finish in the top half. I think 12-8 is our bracket.

A bit of fight?

Williams has to be dropped for the next game. I’d like to see Kalas and Benkovic as a pairing and see where that takes us. I have no idea what Williams was thinking with that back header for their 3rd goal.

Alls he had to do was boot it in to Row Z, defend the throw in and then the momentum is with us to attempt to get a couple of goals against ten men, with 10 mins to go plus about 6 mins injury time too.

Killed the game and I would drop him for that mistake alone. Proper shocker.

A home game in which (1) we managed one attempt on goal, a long-range shot in the 87th minute from Wells (2) for each of their three goals we gave the ball to them.

During the last week we have witnessed the significant gap between us and the top two. Both Leeds and WBA could have won by more. 

Wonder if LJ will be honest and mention these facts in his post-match comments? 

Like others have said elsewhere on here don't mind losing as it's part of football but it's the manner we lose especially at home that gets to me and LJ is totally to blame for this buck stops at him...

Said it before and will say it again we will never get into top 6 (let alone go up) with LJ in charge, but that ain't gonna change anytime soon so I guess it's another year of mid table averageness for the foreseeable future...

7 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

I can live with losing to a good side. I can live with being unlucky and losing to a poor side.

What I am really struggling with is us not being able to put in anything other than the 'odd' good performance against anyone at home.

I admit I never expected a win today - but I didn't expect to wait 88 minutes for the first shot on target. 

Our home form this season has been absolutley shocking.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Why is 8-12 our bucket when we have been told playoffs is the expectation .....we have a bigger stronger squad with more quality than last season in a league that is weaker...... Not good enough simple.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Most could see the formation was a terrible shout against a team so strong in midfield. Why a lot have little faith in Johnson.

Clueless tactics against Leeds and now the same against West Brom. If Johnson and his players didn't get a resounding boo today, there's something seriously wrong

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We were not awful today did you honestly say that

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

A home game in which (1) we managed one attempt on goal, a long-range shot in the 87th minute from Wells (2) for each of their three goals we gave the ball to them.

During the last week we have witnessed the significant gap between us and the top two. Both Leeds and WBA could have won by more. 

Wonder if LJ will be honest and mention these facts in his post-match comments? 

I daresay he'll spout some crap about it being hard to compete with clubs with West Brom's resources. I'm not even gonna listen, cos he talks rubbish after every home game

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Expected nothing - got less

7 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Happy clappers vs Johnson Outers let battle commence.

Certainly not cosmic today!!

I've always been in the pro-Johnson camp but its blatantly obvious he's been getting things wrong recently. We've setup tactically just to wait for mistakes, no proactive plan with the ball and it's really not working.

We might not be as good as Leeds or West Brom but we shouldn't be as bad as these recent performances with the players we have.

14 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Our wage bill is £17m.  West Brom's wage bill is not £68m, it's less than half that.

Yes they outspend us and have better players but they should not be cantering past us 3-0 in second gear.

I'm of the opinion that if players are getting 10, 15, 20 grand a week, they should at least be able to compete with a team in their own league. Useless ***** will be driving home in their Porsches and Bentleys in about an hour

Archived