IGNORED

Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day 34

Septic Peg

I believe that when we play our best football it’s play off standard and the players we have are good enough to get there . 
realistically for the club to get to the prem they will have to lose Lee .

he isn’t a bad manager , definitely a mid table championship manager but we need someone new who can get the best out of his players if we want promotion .

15 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I honestly don’t know what people expected from today. We aren’t awful and do enough to finish in the top half. I think 12-8 is our bracket.

West Brom, Leeds, Brentford, Forest are just better than us.

Is this Lee Johnson or Steve Lansdown’s design? Who knows?

Brentford are better than us haha

Didn't expect much today, but really the extent of that defeat showed no fight, no tactics and the fact that we can't pass the ball. One shot on target after 87 minutes says it all. Even after WBA had only ten men, we allowed them to score another with school errors. Just not good enough and there is no way LJ will get us into the play offs if we continue to play like that. Even if by some chance they do, the negative tactics that are being coached into them will mean they won't get any further. Sorry, but after watching that and the Leeds game that's my opinion.

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Stop with that bollox mate please,nobody is buying it 

Which bit is bollocks? I doubt Many fans had us down for a win today. We are still 7th and it’s close up to 3rd. None of that is “bollocks” it’s fact. We’re not really any worse off than we were at 3pm with one less game to play.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Which bit is bollocks? I doubt Many fans had us down for a win today. We are still 7th and it’s close up to 3rd. None of that is “bollocks” it’s fact. We’re not really any worse off than we were at 3pm with one less game to play.

Goal difference??????

So anyone who thinks LJ is the man to take us forward is very very deluded.. We are very much not a PO side and as I predicted we will finish 8/9pts outside them. Yes we have progressed but this season it has been very clear he can't get us over the line. This summer again we will lose 1 or 2 better players to bigger things and 3/4 need tobe moved on..... But before any new players are brought in we a need a manager with a game plan and also can identify what is needed in this division to get us there. Many will say we are still 7th but for how long as I'm not sure will get much from Huddersfield or Millwall before another home game to Fulham as this squad is very very poor. So for 100% JOHNSON OUT this summer.... 

Main pointers for me:-

I thought Paterson was outstanding when he came on.  

We need to drop the players who lose possession too easily in dangerous areas and make sloppy errors.

I'd like to see  Maenpaa in for Bentley. Maenpaa is more solid and was superb when given a run before injury.  Bentley can be a class act but it's time for Maenpaa to be given a chance again. He seemed to organise his defence well in his last run in the side.

Kalas should in for Williams. 

A fit Korey Smith needs to play Instead of Adam Nagy who is either unfit or can't cope with the pace of the championship.  We should have recalled Joe Morrell given the midfield is weak.

Eliasson is a talent but seems as if he is playing to avoid injury before his anticipated move.  Needs to show more desire or drop to the bench.  Paterson showed that desire.

Maybe time for Palmer to link up with Wells - if he is going to play he has to play well up the pitch as he is another that concedes possession too much.  Don't mind seeing that when trying something special in the final third but too often he does that in the middle of the pitch.

Yes Jack Hunt can drive forward at times when given space, but in tight areas he panics and loses possession more often than not. If Morrell had been recalled then Korey Smith would be an option for right back and would probably be the best option if fit.

I don't know if it is how we are set up or just down to poor footballing ability, but players such as Nagy and Hunt just concede possession far too easily.  There seems to be no rhythm or composure to our game and it's painful and frustrating to watch. 

Just back at Temple Meads. Sadly any promise shown when the scores were level evaporated once they had scored. We gifted them 3 goals. They were much the better team. Much better organized. Went about their business well. Never panicked. We have decent players but if we had a structure, or confidence, it disappeared once were behind. 

Lee Johnson appeared a spectator again today, with literally a Football Manager approach - wait until 60 minutes and throw on attacking players. It’s pitiful. Get rid asap. Out if his depth. Bilic vs Johnson? Men against boys.  

47 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I daresay he'll spout some crap about it being hard to compete with clubs with West Brom's resources. I'm not even gonna listen, cos he talks rubbish after every home game

Over 46 games, it is hard.

Over 90 minutes, we ought to be able to lay a glove on a team in the same division as us. 

Today, like last week, was horrendous. But let's be honest, we didn't expect anything against two Premier League quality opponents. 

What really matters people, is our next match. We are now de facto 4 points off play offs. Preston play WBA in midweek. 

Huddersfield is our opportunity to get back in the mix and you can't afford to miss too may opportunities. 

It will really annoy me when people say, er, how can it be "must-win" when we have another 11 games... (just like they said last 2 seasons and watched us fade away.)

We need roughly 7 more wins and look at the fixtures. We don't beat the top teams, so beating 4th from bottom is paramount, essential, necessary, a must.

46 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Main pointers for me:-

I thought Paterson was outstanding when he came on.  

We need to drop the players who lose possession too easily in dangerous areas and make sloppy errors.

I'd like to see  Maenpaa in for Bentley. Maenpaa is more solid and was superb when given a run before injury.  Bentley can be a class act but it's time for Maenpaa to be given a chance again. He seemed to organise his defence well in his last run in the side.

Kalas should in for Williams. 

A fit Korey Smith needs to play Instead of Adam Nagy who is either unfit or can't cope with the pace of the championship.  We should have recalled Joe Morrell given the midfield is weak.

Eliasson is a talent but seems as if he is playing to avoid injury before his anticipated move.  Needs to show more desire or drop to the bench.  Paterson showed that desire.

Maybe time for Palmer to link up with Wells - if he is going to play he has to play well up the pitch as he is another that concedes possession too much.  Don't mind seeing that when trying something special in the final third but too often he does that in the middle of the pitch.

Yes Jack Hunt can drive forward at times when given space, but in tight areas he panics and loses possession more often than not. If Morrell had been recalled then Korey Smith would be an option for right back and would probably be the best option if fit.

I don't know if it is how we are set up or just down to poor footballing ability, but players such as Nagy and Hunt just concede possession far too easily.  There seems to be no rhythm or composure to our game and it's painful and frustrating to watch. 

I agree about Maanpaa for Bentley. While he was unlucky with the first, and no blame can be attached for the third, he gifted them the second. It is not the first time in recent weeks he has failed to hang on to a routine shot. 

Basso would have saved all three, even catching the third as his one for the cameras. 

2 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Williams has to be dropped for the next game. I’d like to see Kalas and Benkovic as a pairing and see where that takes us. I have no idea what Williams was thinking with that back header for their 3rd goal.

Alls he had to do was boot it in to Row Z, defend the throw in and then the momentum is with us to attempt to get a couple of goals against ten men, with 10 mins to go plus about 6 mins injury time too.

Killed the game and I would drop him for that mistake alone. Proper shocker.

He was thinking head it home keep possession and try get bentley to launch an attack he misjudged a header wasnt the best conditions which you have bare in mind he made a mistake it wasnt his fault we lost thought williams was good today apart from the header 

Archived