IGNORED

Lee Johnson Poll

And Its Smith

Lee Johnson Poll  

624 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I meant the same people vote in each one.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they have ‘written horseshit’ and doesn’t make them a troll. 

Grow up a little yeah 

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You really are a **** that tries to sow division.

Sorry but you are a *** and I’ll take my ban.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Yep and you were correct. Shining a light on the fickleness. Maybe holding up a mirror will help people 

Is it fickleness, or is it different people replying?

edit - Just saw you’ve discussed this. For what it’s worth, I think your assumption that it’s the same respondents is probably incorrect. 

The polls ok . Let’s face facts . We won’t get in the playoffs and as a club where massively overachieving. For quite a while at home our performances haven’t been good enough . This is our most costliest squad ever assembled.  Do you blame the players or the manager ?

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

The polls ok . Let’s face facts . We won’t get in the playoffs and as a club where massively overachieving. For quite a while at home our performances haven’t been good enough . This is our most costliest squad ever assembled.  Do you blame the players or the manager ?

I’m not really in the mood to defend LJ but “Most costliest squad ever” tells you precisely nothing without context...

...how does our spending compare to that of our rivals?

...how do transfers fees now compare to previous eras?

...has inflation been factored in?

The argument is null and void without the above information.

PS - I’m also not sure we’re “massively overachieving” either.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If we must have the polls, make them public so we can see who's voting each time and judge whether it's people flipping opinion every other week.

Good point.

I quite like these kind of polls. The results of the recent LJ in or out polls were even read out on the osib podcast the other week. So maybe people did find them useful.

But what you suggest would be even more useful. I imagine some do change their minds quite regularly. Which would mean if they had their way we'd probably have had numerous managers in recent seasons.

I think it's time for him to go and have done for some time now. He's exhausted his 'plan a', we have been Sussed out by a number of teams in the league now, and he has no 'plan b' - evident from how many fans and pundits are citing a lack of identity or style in our team. We do not know what we want to be, and for me that's a sign it's time to change the man at the helm. 

However, what difference it will do now I'm not sure. If we were going to do it we should have done it around Christmas time and given the new manager a full window to work with. 

As it is, we had may as well see how this season plays out with LJ steering the ship and then part ways amicably in the summer. So long as we don't bring in that bloke Appleton or any of Ashton's other cronies.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not really in the mood to defend LJ but “Most costliest squad ever” tells you precisely nothing without context...

...how does our spending compare to that of our rivals?

...how do transfers fees now compare to previous eras?

...has inflation been factored in?

The argument is null and void without the above information.

PS - I’m also not sure we’re “massively overachieving” either.

We will have to disagree. 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Just seeing how insane our fan base is. Chill man 

Incredibly arrogant to put that sort of label on an entire group of people Dave.

Views on LJ are on a knife edge for many of us. Results are a mixed bag and he’s not so overtly terrible or brilliant for the answer to be obvious. If you’re forced into a polar position - as we are with polls like this - then you have to make a call one way or the other, and when we’re on that knife edge the most recent results will clearly cause a big swing one way or the other.

Doesn’t make us all “insane”. Shame you can’t be a little more respectful.

The thing I always come back to is this...

Is LJ getting the best from the players he has? 

I say he's nowhere near it much of the time. In terms of results - because they often seem acceptable - he masks the root of the the problem - performances.

His coaching creates a team less than the sum of its parts. Our home footy is just embarrassingly pathetic. 

No matter what the result of the poll is SL will not see it, he will have seen the empty seats long before the final whistle but it’s empty seats at kickoff that will make the difference. 
Or perhaps Junior will do the honourable thing...............Nah won’t happen and that will also be someone else’s fault 

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The bloke didn’t even have the nerve to answer Radio bristols searching questions 

In the past one of his minions have stepped in - perhaps the fact that none of the team management spoke to BBC brizzle means that they are in as much trouble as LJ when it comes to commenting on our non existent identity!

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Disappointing, clearly, but that doesn’t make anything I said any less true.

If you say so . Who do you blame for this , the players or the manager or the owner for allowing performances to get nearly as bad as Pulis or SOD . I have to admit it’s a results business to those at the top . We’ve lost our way 

Do we look like playoff candidates? No.

Does LJ look like he knows how to set up a team to play against the best teams in this division? No.

Is LJ getting the best out of this group of players? Doesn’t look like it.

On that basis, his time should be up after the next 12 games. However SL needs to recruit from outside not promote from the inside. If I was him, I would be seriously looking for a Head Coach replacement right now.

20 minutes ago, dave36 said:

No matter what the result of the poll is SL will not see it, he will have seen the empty seats long before the final whistle but it’s empty seats at kickoff that will make the difference. 
Or perhaps Junior will do the honourable thing...............Nah won’t happen and that will also be someone else’s fault 

Why should he? Other managers wouldn't.

7 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Polls like this don’t achieve anything but I think LJ has 12 games to make the playoffs else they will be his last 12 games. 

We will not make the play offs and he will not be sacked. I am finding it bizarre that I am asking myself if I would entertain the two opposites. 

Archived