IGNORED

Lee Johnson Poll

And Its Smith

Lee Johnson Poll  

624 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If LJ is David Brent, then RedDave must be the sad, obese, opinionated, early- middle aged bore sat in the back of the office wondering why he never gets promoted.

Whilst shouting 'look at me, look at me' - I'm ace!

Grow up man, your kids would be embarrassed by some of the shite you write.

You should continue your great work of confronting racists at AG who just happened to be sat next to you in 3 different places around the ground on 3 separate occasions. Lucky you were the only one brave enough to confront them every time.

You are OTIB's equivalent of Henbury Gas mate.

And it's very,very sad.

I think he should be given the season at this point but I don't think he can take us any further. 

I have nothing against the bloke and really wanted him to succeed but I think if we get a proven manager in we'll get much more out of the players we do have. 

Even if we do make the playoffs I can't see us beating any of the top 10 over two legs as our style of play is dreadful and the constant chopping and changing isn't helping. 

12 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Lansdown needs to be looking right across the globe for a replacement in the summer.

For all his financial input and growth off the pitch the club on the pitch only goes sideways at best under Johnson.

No top coach will agree to work under Lansdown & the strategic plan that has to be adhered to....so who comes in when Johnson leaves??,, it'll only be another bright young thing...you just have to question it,, whether Steve's got it right in the broader sense...........despite the blindly loyal amongst us constantly banging on about season on season progression we are imho in reality on the brink of going into reverse - and despite his annoying "ism's" & the bullshit it sure ain't all Lee's fault...

The responsibility for going backwards has to be shared.

12 hours ago, MarcusX said:

What’s the point, the boo boys went missing during the last poll and they’ll be back in force tonight.

Same position for me, if there was someone better to come in then yes move him on. I don’t wanna see JMc or similar “safe” appointment, otherwise may as well stick with LJ

BOO!! 

12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So are you saying there is nobody better and the alternative is JMc,if so we are stuck with him till we are all dead

Til we’re dead? That’s a silly comment.

There’s no point getting rid right now or end of season if Lansdown replaces him with someone worse or like I said the safe internal promotion option like he’s done before. Hopefully the club have the nouse to at least be identifying potential replacements, it’s not my job to be saying who is better and realistically available.

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

We will not make the play offs and he will not be sacked. I am finding it bizarre that I am asking myself if I would entertain the two opposites. 

You don’t know that. Why make statements you can’t possibly be certain about?

If we finish outside the play offs this year, after very substantial investment last summer, and especially if we fail to build on 8th place last season, I think it’s entirely possible Lansdown will decide the time has come for a new man. The stated aim is continued improvement year-on-year.

But I’m not going to say that’s for definite, because I don’t know.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You don’t know that. Why make statements you can’t possibly be certain about?

If we finish outside the play offs this year, after very substantial investment last summer, and especially if we fail to build on 8th place last season, I think it’s entirely possible Lansdown will decide the time has come for a new man. The stated aim is continued improvement year-on-year.

But I’m not going to say that’s for definite, because I don’t know.

Thing is the league placing is improving but the points we are getting is nigh on the same 

For me it's this season or thanks but you've had long enough 

46 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m still willing to have a £20 bet with anyone that we won’t make the playoffs. 

You really do bore the shit out of me Fordy.

I'm in no way a Johnson lover (bored of the shite footie at home and strange tactics), but your like a cracked bloody record. Bore off pal.

We all know Johnson WILL get to the end of the season, then we'll see what happens. I'll have a 20 quid bet with you that even if we win every game in style 5 nil (deffo NOT gonna happen) to the end of the season you will still be droning on the same thing. I think you just HAVE to be right. Do you lack self confidence or something?

Deal with it.

3 hours ago, MattWSM said:

I see it as

We need to see the season out, back the club, back the team and back LJ and see where we finish, then reflect. There is 1 quarter of the season left so alot more football and twists and turns. Finish 6th and we will all be happy

I for one will never back LJ, he's clueless, 

17 hours ago, RedDave said:

It was 75% out then it was 75% in. Now we have lost 2 in a row, let’s see what it is now. How ridiculous exactly is our fan base?

3 points off 4th will be very silly to sack him now as it is a huge risk which could swing either way. Give him till the end of the season no playoffs and that’s when I would make the decision to get him gone.

17 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Everyone look at me! Look at me! I'm right I'm right!

Presume you haven’t seen Guehi for Swansea yet? Been absolutely dreadful give me Williams everyday.

Can anyone help me out with this question?  - what is the purpose of this poll?    :dunno:

I mean, who in a senior position at AG takes the slightest notice of what a small percentage of City fans think?

Whether you’re a LJ in or an LJ out makes absolutely no difference to those who matter.

Bottom line - LJ is going nowhere so accept that fact and let it go.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can anyone help me out with this question?  - what is the purpose of this poll?    :dunno:

I mean, who in a senior position at AG takes the slightest notice of what a small percentage of City fans think?

Whether you’re a LJ in or an LJ out makes absolutely no difference to those who matter.

Bottom line - LJ is going nowhere so accept that fact and let it go.

Do you really need to ask ? why not ask what is the purpose of OTIB ,what is the purpose of football what is the meaning of life.

People express their views and opinions in a variety of ways and whilst I agree asking such a question after a poor performance is unlikely to elicit a considered response it remains a valid tool in gauging opinion at a point in time 

22 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Do you really need to ask ? why not ask what is the purpose of OTIB ,what is the purpose of football what is the meaning of life.

To me otib is an online pub but without alcohol. Opinionated people many with unpalatable views,. Decent debates about tactics, formations etc etc....and of course the pro’s and cons of whoever the manager is at the time.

Btw - the meaning of life is 44.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me otib is an online pub but without alcohol. Opinionated people many with unpalatable views,. Decent debates about tactics, formations etc etc....and of course the pro’s and cons of whoever the manager is at the time.

Btw - the meaning of life is 44.

42 ?‍♂️

18 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Good squad. Shit manager. 

Your comment argues against itself. 

If we're so close to the playoffs but have such a terrible manager then the squad must be easily one of the best in this division to be where it is despite LJ.

Clearly that isnt the case, we have an upper mid table squad, possibly playoff contenders at best.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

He is a manager that makes truly terrible decisions. Going 4-4-2 yesterday proved that. Why most have no faith in him.

‘most’?.....

This ‘most’ you refer to must all be level 2 coaches who are qualified to judge other coaches decisions? 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

‘most’?.....

This ‘most’ you refer to must all be level 2 coaches who are qualified to judge other coaches decisions? 

Dont you think it was a bizarre decision considering how good WBA are especially in midfield? 

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Dont you think it was a bizarre decision considering how good WBA are especially in midfield? 

Not bizarre, but surprising. LJ obviously thought that that the Baggies might be suspect down the wings but got that wrong. City were much better when both wingers went off and City played a tighter formation.

Having seen the goals back, our defending was truly, truly shocking. All three were awful mistakes from different players.The manager can’t be blamed for that.

Archived