IGNORED

Johnson can say what he likes....

WSMRobin

Said it last week, we are not anywhere near ready for the premier league and I don’t think we will ever be with LJ in charge.

The fact that there is such a gulf in class and ability between us and the top championship teams is a concern. I would expect it between West Brom and Luton but not when we are supposed to be so serious about promotion.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Oh God, the handful of LJ moaners are back, what a shock to lose to the league leaders, LJ must be crap again .... yawn.

Losing to the league leaders was generally anticipated, but it's the manner in defeat which riles fans. The football is disjointed and uninspiring.

46 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Sold £65m worth of players in the last 18 months - constantly rebuilding. But we should ignore that because we live in a world where we have to success instantly.

Of course it's desperately frustrating but I've much preferred the last three seasons to the two that came before them.

Every club at this level bar those with parachutes rebuild consistently. 

We've spent £40m over three years to challenge with Preston. 

Who have spent less than half that? 

48 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Sold £65m worth of players in the last 18 months - constantly rebuilding. But we should ignore that because we live in a world where we have to success instantly.

Of course it's desperately frustrating but I've much preferred the last three seasons to the two that came before them.

Have to have success instantly? We haven’t been in the top division for over 40 (FORTY) years and have never won a major trophy. 

51 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Oh God, the handful of LJ moaners are back, what a shock to lose to the league leaders, LJ must be crap again .... yawn.

Right. It would have been much easier to broadcast an announcement before the game along the lines of, "Having considered the League position and perceived quality of today's opponents, Bristol City have decided to concede defeat, due to our lack of balls and any strategy. We do hope you understand and will continue to watch us fail. Yours. The. Management."

46 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've just seen us literally give 3 goals away at home and lose yet again, complete with dire performance, yet again. For the games I've attended we must be averaging nigh on 3 goals conceded per game. I am going to moan my tits off because I'm completely fed up with it. Losing to the best team is no disgrace, that performance today was.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And we've taken 11 points off the three of them. Not really sure what your point is?

Talk about missing the point completely!!

these teams have nowhere near the budget we have yet ha s still managed to get points of West Brom. When we play West Brom, in fact most teams near the top, we hand them the points on a platter.

today being a perfect example 

7 minutes ago, Redland said:

Have to have success instantly? We haven’t been in the top division for over 40 (FORTY) years and have never won a major trophy. 

Yes, but unless I’m mistaken, LJ hasn’t been in charge for all forty of them and we’ve improved our league position every season under him. Just saying.

But yeah,Johnson out... he’s got us to, er, 7th with his utter cluelessness.

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Yes, but unless I’m mistaken, LJ hasn’t been in charge for all forty of them and we’ve improved our league position every season under him. Just saying.

But yeah,Johnson out... he’s got us to, er, 7th with his utter cluelessness.

I’ve supported city for 55 years. In that time we have won nothing apart from league one  under Cotts and the Johnstons Paint Trophy.  Yet Bristol is one of the biggest cities in England. I genuinely get offended when people like you say City supporters should be patient and not expect instant success.

I was only referring to LJ’s time in charge. Season on season improvement.

You’ll also know that Alan Dicks was appointed in 1967 and we were promoted in 1976. Sometimes patience is needed. 

ps - I’ve supported since 1970 and I get frustrated too but sometimes change is not always the best policy. See above.

8 minutes ago, Redland said:

I’ve supported city for 55 years. In that time we have won nothing apart from league one  under Cotts and the Johnstons Paint Trophy.  Yet Bristol is one of the biggest cities in England. I genuinely get offended when people like you say City supporters should be patient and not expect instant success.

I was only referring to LJ’s time in charge. Season on season improvement.

You’ll also know that Alan Dicks was appointed in 1967 and we were promoted in 1976. Sometimes patience is needed. 

ps - I’ve supported since 1970 and I get frustrated too but sometimes change is not always the best policy. See above.

I do try to take the positive but again we didn’t have a shot on target again today (I think)

Their first goal was v very lucky for that **** and the second offside (Perhaps)but with the weather against us- a tad harsh perhaps-

2nd half nothing- zero - nada- bugger all

West Brom are a good side but we could made things a tad more difficult for them.It seemed stroll in the park for them.

imho a manager is there to make sure the people / players perform as much as possible to their maximum- today that wasn’t the case as has many of the performances at Ashton Gate this season.

Is it ridiculous to LJ want gone?  but there is no va va voom whatsoever and imho the playoffs r way off- season tickets renewals r coming up- 

Hes a good tireless worker just like he was as a player but I think come the summer a change could be a good thing not only for this forum/ for him and the club

ctid

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

⏬ that performance deserved a whinge in fairness

1 hour ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Losing to the league leaders was generally anticipated, but it's the manner in defeat which riles fans. The football is disjointed and uninspiring.

Yep, the manner.  Should rarely feel like that at home.  We didn’t really give it a go.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I agree with you in a way as he can’t be blamed for the 3 mistakes that cost us the goals today. However you have to seriously question why he sticks with 2 central midfielders. It’s beyond poor. WBA have one of the best midfields in the league. What did he think the outcome of that battle was going to be today , before a ball was kicked. It’s not the first time either. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⏬ that performance deserved a whinge in fairness

Yep, the manner.  Should rarely feel like that at home.  We didn’t really give it a go.

Fair enough, Dave, I didn't see the game today so not sure how bad it was, just seems after every defeat the same five or six people immediately start slating LJ.  Trouble is with this approach, it makes it tough to know when he deserves the criticism.

Archived