IGNORED

Johnson can say what he likes....

WSMRobin

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fair enough, Dave, I didn't see the game today so not sure how bad it was, just seems after every defeat the same five or six people immediately start slating LJ.  Trouble is with this approach, it makes it tough to know when he deserves the criticism.

We were almost as bad as Leeds.  We appear to play to a plan that the opposition want us too.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fair enough, Dave, I didn't see the game today so not sure how bad it was, just seems after every defeat the same five or six people immediately start slating LJ.  Trouble is with this approach, it makes it tough to know when he deserves the criticism.

Nothing personal but how can you come out one way or the other if you haven’t seen the game 

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Said it last week, we are not anywhere near ready for the premier league and I don’t think we will ever be with LJ in charge.

The fact that there is such a gulf in class and ability between us and the top championship teams is a concern. I would expect it between West Brom and Luton but not when we are supposed to be so serious about promotion.

Serious about promotion...no the plan from the owner is to tread water...sorry 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nothing personal but how can you come out one way or the other if you haven’t seen the game 

Fair question, with respect today I'm going by the score and the match report; mainly the score doesn't surprise me - I said to my old man that City would lose about 3-1, so wasn't far off what I expected.

My only opinion at the moment though is that Lee does not deserve the sack, I don't believe you have to see all the games to come to this reasonable conclusion.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Oh God, the handful of LJ moaners are back, what a shock to lose to the league leaders, LJ must be crap again .... yawn.

It's not the loss it's the many in which we lose and the lack of formation, structure desire.... that's what LJ is paid to produce.

Just now, reddogkev said:

Knowing the game as well as you do, what should Lee change as the manager, and is it something that he has the skill to pull off?

Kept to 352 /532 keep games tight for an hour then throw on Eliason against tired defenders for final 20/30 minutes. That was working well in the early part of the season. Not particularly entertaining but effective, at least.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fair question, with respect today I'm going by the score and the match report; mainly the score doesn't surprise me - I said to my old man that City would lose about 3-1, so wasn't far off what I expected.

My only opinion at the moment though is that Lee does not deserve the sack, I don't believe you have to see all the games to come to this reasonable conclusion.

I mentioned this in a previous reply. He’s not to blame for the mistakes for the goals. He does keep making the same mistakes though formation wise which is worrying , 2 central midfielders in this league is madness. 
He won’t get sacked because he buys into what Lansdown wants . I do wonder though what a better manager would done with the money he’s spent. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I mentioned this in a previous reply. He’s not to blame for the mistakes for the goals. He does keep making the same mistakes though formation wise which is worrying , 2 central midfielders in this league is madness. 
He won’t get sacked because he buys into what Lansdown wants . I do wonder though what a better manager would done with the money he’s spent. 

Yes, sickening thought isn't it. Can't be certain, but i'm pretty sure we would look a lot more like serious top 6 contenders. We are in no way serious. No way.

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Knowing the game as well as you do, what should Lee change as the manager, and is it something that he has the skill to pull off?

⏬ (almost a tempting question!!!)

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Kept to 352 /532 keep games tight for an hour then throw on Eliason against tired defenders for final 20/30 minutes. That was working well in the early part of the season. Not particularly entertaining but effective, at least.

A lot of sense in this.  Chatting to @Curr Avon on the way out....we have become shit or bust, win or lose.  We are easily beaten by the better teams (in the main) because we lose the battle, we don’t get any momentum, we can’t keep pressure on an opponent.  I think Eliasson’s assists paper over his struggles to play in a system that requires the “sum of the parts”.

I would go for as physical side as allows for these last dozen games and grind it out where we can.  I won’t go as far as picking an eleven but I’d be picking Baker, Benkovic and Kalas on Tuesday (harsh on Williams), and start from there.  As good as Bentley has been I would be contemplating Mäenpää (I hear shouts of madness from some) as I think he brings calmness.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Talk about missing the point completely!!

these teams have nowhere near the budget we have yet ha s still managed to get points of West Brom. When we play West Brom, in fact most teams near the top, we hand them the points on a platter.

today being a perfect example 

And Fulham have a bigger budget than us and we've taken points off them, and WBA with one of the biggest budgets have taken points off more than anyone else...my point is simply that, this season especially, you can pick a random 4 matches to make just about any argument you want!

Agree we handed them the points today though.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⏬ that performance deserved a whinge in fairness

Yep, the manner.  Should rarely feel like that at home.  We didn’t really give it a go.

Played Leeds twice and West Brom twice and each time we have lost before the game had even started. Im not sure the players ever felt like they could win.

As others have said, and I did last week, we are so far short of West Brom and dirty Leeds, we would be humiliated in the prem at the moment.

Didn't actually think that a couple of years ago.  We have some decent players at the moment but somehow they don't seem to quite gel as a team, or work well together, is that down to LJ?

I don't know, but maybe!

I wasn't at the game today so I can't comment on the performance.

However, taking our season as a whole I'm seriously hoping SL is interrogating LJ, JMc and MA over why we are so poor at home.

Any team with aspirations of going up has to make their home ground a fortress. Ours is more like a leaky bucket. 

8 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

What is it city fans can't understand about the facts:our super coach has been 3rd or 4th best in the Championship (24teams) in every one of the last 3 seasons

His win ratio is very hard to beat. As for opinions, don't let facts get in way!

I’m confused by this.  Might be me???

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He IS to blame for the mistakes for the goals, because his negative tactics invite pressure.

When will people understand this?

6 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Sold £65m worth of players in the last 18 months - constantly rebuilding. But we should ignore that because we live in a world where we have to success instantly.

Of course it's desperately frustrating but I've much preferred the last three seasons to the two that came before them.

Even our double winning season in League one?

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Oh God, the handful of LJ moaners are back, what a shock to lose to the league leaders, LJ must be crap again .... yawn.

Were you there? it was disheartening to say the least, and if we made the play offs and somehow went up on that performance, well I dread to think how we would get on, never realised until today how far behind we are, very sorry to have to admit it. Tried to excuse our performance today to people that asked me was it really that bad? couldn't come up with anything apart from yes it really was. 

Archived