IGNORED

Johnson can say what he likes....

WSMRobin

8 minutes ago, Superjack said:

So you don't think that being under constant pressure is a factor in people making mistakes then.

You seem cut out for corporate management.

They were put under pressure yes but made simple mistakes . I agree they were forced into those mistakes but how can you blame Johnson for that 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

They were put under pressure yes but made simple mistakes . I agree they were forced into those mistakes but how can you blame Johnson for that 

Well ask yourself why they were forced into those mistakes.

It really isn't difficult to work out.

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well ask yourself why they were forced into those mistakes.

It really isn't difficult to work out.

Because West Brom pressed us high up the pitch. Are you saying it was LJ’s fault that the vastly experienced 35 year old Ashley Williams dropped a bollock in a situation he’s been in thousands of times. Bentley drops a routine catch , or fam gets caught trying dribble out of his own box ?

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because West Brom pressed us high up the pitch. Are you saying it was LJ’s fault that the vastly experienced 35 year old Ashley Williams dropped a bollock in a situation he’s been in thousands of times. Bentley drops a routine catch , or fam gets caught trying dribble out of his own box ?

Well I have long thought that Williams, although obviously a class player, is past his best and often a liability, but that is another matter.

It's not just West Brom though, is it? We invite teams onto us in pretty much every game, home or away. That is not down to the players.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Well I have long thought that Williams, although obviously a class player, is past his best and often a liability, but that is another matter.

It's not just West Brom though, is it? We invite teams onto us in pretty much every game, home or away. That is not down to the players.

Yes I agree the tactics are poor. We do create our own problems trying to play out from the back with players that aren’t comfortable doing it, inviting teams on. 

23 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I wasn't at the game today so I can't comment on the performance....

...that doesn’t stop all the usual suspects on here posting relentlessly on matchday threads telling the world who is playing well and who isn’t, even commenting on players’ off the ball contributions when they are watching on a tv or iPad or iPhone ?? - they know who they are - unless you post around 20 times on the matchday thread you know nothing! ??

On 22/02/2020 at 18:05, Redland said:

Have to have success instantly? We haven’t been in the top division for over 40 (FORTY) years and have never won a major trophy. 

Never won a major trophy?  Come off it, old bean, City won the Welsh Cup in 1934! Not even Manchester United has managed that 

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I agree the tactics are poor. We do create our own problems trying to play out from the back with players that aren’t comfortable doing it, inviting teams on. 

We have a ball playing centre back.... Who has been shipped out to Blackpool!!!

On 22/02/2020 at 19:00, reddogkev said:

Fair enough, Dave, I didn't see the game today so not sure how bad it was, just seems after every defeat the same five or six people immediately start slating LJ.  Trouble is with this approach, it makes it tough to know when he deserves the criticism.

I've just noticed you question me in a previous thread but just admitted you weren't even at the game..... Brilliant. 

Archived