IGNORED

Midfield

MC RISK77

1 minute ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Time to stop playing a formation to suit elliason. Been crap for a few weeks now, clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore so play our best formation, 352. 

Was just saying the same regarding pack. We miss him.

Spot on, couldn't believe the boos when eliasson was taken off, paterson did more in the first 30 seconds of being on the pitch than eliasson did for the 60 minutes he was on

4 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Spot on, couldn't believe the boos when eliasson was taken off, paterson did more in the first 30 seconds of being on the pitch than eliasson did for the 60 minutes he was on

I could.  If we are playing with 2 wide men, he plays.  I wouldn't have had a problem if he'd been taken off so we could go 3 5 2 though.  That was clearly needed today.  Felt sorry for Ashley Williams who had zero help from any of the back 4 or central midfield.  We missed Baker today.

LJ belatedly recognised our dreadful defensive record and started to play a much tighter game, leading to some rare clean sheets and a run of good results.

Fans demanded 4-4-2 and he gave in to the pressure. Result? 8 goals conceded in the last 3 home games. Weak management.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ belatedly recognised our dreadful defensive record and started to play a much tighter game, leading to some rare clean sheets and a run of good results.

Fans demanded 4-4-2 and he gave in to the pressure. Result? 8 goals conceded in the last 3 home games. Weak management.

Fans did not demand 4-4-2, they demanded that Eliasson played which in 5-3-2 he doesn't fit, but he could fit in a 4-3-3.

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He has gone to 442 because he signed Wells and and wants to play eliasson and diedhiou nothing to do with the fans.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fans did not demand 4-4-2, they demanded that Eliasson played which in 5-3-2 he doesn't fit, but he could fit in a 4-3-3.

So I imagined the complaints and demands for a more attacking formation when we were getting clean sheets and picking up points?

33 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You think he changed formation because of the fans??

Once again Elliasson showed he is not the answer. Far too lightweight - look at the massive difference compared to Callum Robinson in terms of passion, drive & wanting you make a difference. I could say the same about COD - a complete waste of a new contract he was. 

A few posters have mentioned that Elliasson has eased back now knowing he is not re-signing. If that is genuinely true then he should be no where near the starting team.

Nagy was terrible. He couldn’t pass 5-10 yards to feet. Might as well have been in a yellow/green shirt, he passed it to their players more than our own. 
Absolutely awful. I’d go so far as to say that was one of the worst midfield performances I’ve seen in a City shirt ever. When we made the double substitution I was astonished that his number wasn’t up!  

He clearly has zero composure on the ball. When the ball comes to him I swear his heart rate goes up to 150! He looks panicked and rushed. Truly truly awful. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nagy was terrible. He couldn’t pass 5-10 yards to feet. Might as well have been in a yellow/green shirt, he passed it to their players more than our own. 
Absolutely awful. I’d go so far as to say that was one of the worst midfield performances I’ve seen in a City shirt ever. When we made the double substitution I was astonished that his number wasn’t up!  

He clearly has zero composure on the ball. When the ball comes to him I swear his heart rate goes up to 150! He looks panicked and rushed. Truly truly awful. 

Yeah agree...I don’t know what it is but I swear he is never really fully in control of the ball, it always seems like it is bobbling around on his ankles.

i felt sorry for him today...may be comfortable in serie a where the football is less fast and more around slow possession but miles off the pace of championship football 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Weak as piss...didn’t think I would say this but I kind of miss Pack.

been a problem most of the season 

He won’t play 3 central midfielders. Against a side like West Brom it was obvious we’d lose the battle in there. He did against Brentford as well. I really don’t believe you can play 442 in this league and be successful. Trouble is , and this will be unpopular but he panders to the ball watchers in the crowd who believes Eliasson is the answer as a winger. 
he can be played differently or not if it’s best for the overall shape of the team. Whatever he does , he has to get 3 in the middle of the park. 

Pack would have been awful in there when up against 3 midfielders just like Nagy was!

To be fair I did not think Henriksen was too bad today. Too much to do though. Poor tactics.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Henrickson - rusty

Nagy - unfit

Smith - always injured

Massengo - not ready for this level.

Midfield is a real problem.  Given the issues  above, why we didn’t recall Morrell or Walsh or possibly both as extra cover was strange.  Both seem to be on form and match fit.  Appreciate it’s a balance as we want them to develop but it didn’t stop us recalling Semenyo last season and we could do with something different in there.

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pack would have been awful in there when up against 3 midfielders just like Nagy was!

To be fair I did not think Henriksen was too bad today. Too much to do though. Poor tactics.

Pack certainly would’ve been able to control and pass the ball to his teammates. Nagy passed to them more than us 

2 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Time to stop playing a formation to suit elliason. Been crap for a few weeks now, clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore so play our best formation, 352. 

Was just saying the same regarding pack. We miss him.

100%. Eliasson is good, great cross, but he's not unstoppable, as Millwall, Blackburn, Leeds, WBA and others have shown.

We have 4 central defenders worth about £25m between them. We have two full backs who are far better going forward than defending. And we have midfielders who've shown they can be effective in a 3 but not a 2. 

Time to revert to 5-3-2

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do people think that we’d be much better served next season by having Walsh, Morrell, Bakinson as our midfield 3 and ditching the current crop? 
I’m certain they’d do a better job than Nagy/HNM/Smith

First two got to be in the frame....but really depends on semblance of a system.

Archived