IGNORED

7th

NewquayRed

5 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

3pts off 6 and 4pts off 3rd 

Lets see where we are in a few weeks time and then start throwing the toys, it ain’t pretty but it ain’t over either - got to back them now as nothing is changing before the summer. 

It's like groundhog day 

"We're still...." ....seems to be the quote of the day for the last 3 years 

At the end of the season I would prefer 12th over 7th. 

If we make the playoffs then great - we can give it a go and who knows where it will lead - even if we don't make it to the prem we might just stop Leeds (Ha!)

The problem with 7th is it ticks the 'year on year'improvement box and for me the y/y improvement needs to include some measure of Home performance, entertainment, value, pride etc ........... 

We may be 7th but are a million miles away from being promoted playing like we did today, any half decent team in the league will beat us, this it the poorest championship in years so shouldn't kid ourselves that we have made some massive jump forward this season

Thing is, where do you draw the line of improvement? If we don't make the playoffs I'd guess LJ would have to go. What if we just scrape 6th then don't make the final? Is that really enough improvement to give him another season? 

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Thing is, where do you draw the line of improvement? If we don't make the playoffs I'd guess LJ would have to go. What if we just scrape 6th then don't make the final? Is that really enough improvement to give him another season? 

No

We were as bad today as we were last week. A huge gap in ability and application compared to the top two teams. In fact it's rare that we look the better side even when we win.

I don't know what happens to the new players once they integrate into the team. Most look promising additions, then after a few weeks look very ordinary.

8 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Making the top six would be enough to ensure year on year ‘ improvement ‘ and make it very hard for SL to ‘ thank ‘ LJ .

He has , however, given LJ everything he asked for , established Championship marksman, tall midfielder and centre back to go with his other ‘ clubs in the bag ‘ and we really don’t look better than what we did before.

Wells has missed almost as many chances as the much criticised Weimann.

I would be inclined to look to improve the quality of our coaching staff , top six or not , as I am pretty sure that there is much more to come from the players we currently have at our disposition. 

Archived