IGNORED

When is an acceptable time....

Andy082005

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

....to cut this manager loose? 

Another home game. Another unacceptable home performance

We are so weak physically and mentally. Today was once again, embarrassing

I'm past wasting my time calling for his head. It's pointless. I just laugh at the people that try and defend him stoll. This season has been beyond dull at home. And the football hasn't been a alot better away even if the results have. Two years ago we were the envy of the championship  now we cant string two passes together. Pathetic.

Now get someone new in and assess the squad and start forming it how he wants. 

And to save the argument I don’t have any names. A football club would though. No one thought Nuno, Bilic and Bielsa would be championship managers. No one heard of Farke and Wagner before they were promoted. Wilder wasn’t a household name. 

Not after losing to the two best teams in this division. 

I cannot believe people are surprised that we've lost these two games. Look back at the reverse fixtures, plus the games we've played against Brentford and Barnsley and you could predict these results, and even the performances. High tempo classy teams that take a high number of shots have been our kryptonite this season and today was no different really.

It's the losses to Birmingham, Blackburn, Millwall etc that hurt us. 

Today was far better than last weekend. We had two good chances and they scored two preventable goals. Play that game again and it's a draw or even a lucky win. 

I get the frustrations - we seem to be neither on track for promotion nor playing in an entertaining manner. Those seem to be the two things that fans want and we're doing neither.

But still, see how we do now that we're looking at 12 games against middling teams. 

Not on the back of two games against the best two teams in the league that's for sure - let's judge at the end of the season. I'm still convinced this is a fantastic squad of players that have every chance of finishing in the top 6 under LJ. Really need to move back to 3-5-2 to get the best out of them though imo 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I cannot believe people are surprised that we've lost these two games. Look back at the reverse fixtures, plus the games we've played against Brentford and Barnsley and you could predict these results, and even the performances. High tempo classy teams that take a high number of shots have been our kryptonite this season and today was no different really.

Today was far better than last weekend. We had two good chances and they scored two preventable goals. Play that game again and it's a draw or even a lucky win. 

I get the frustrations - we seem to be neither on track for promotion nor playing in an entertaining manner. Those seem to be the two things that fans want and we're doing neither.

But still, see how we do now that we're looking at 12 games against middling teams. 

I don’t think anyone is surprised. The frustration is these are the teams we are supposed to be close to equal to but we have been dominated and embarrassed in both. 

14 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

When we cannot mathematically make the play offs.  imo

Why wait? We can’t be relegated so no fears there. Hasn’t been much evidence we can make the playoffs and even less we can compete if we scraped in. Get him out and have someone in by international break in March. Possible boost going into the last 6-7 games if we are still near playoffs and if not new manager gets enough evidence and knowledge of the squad to make crucial decisions

It is all hypothetical because I am 100% sure he won’t go anywhere even if we finish 11th/12th. 

7 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Not on the back of two games against the best two teams in the league that's for sure - let's judge at the end of the season. I'm still convinced this is a fantastic squad of players that have every chance of finishing in the top 6 under LJ. Really need to move back to 3-5-2 to get the best out of them though imo 

That makes it worse. If it is such a great squad why has there been no cohesion through 33 games? 

3 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

But the crowds will start dropping with these performances 

Maybe but not enough to be even noticed as SL has his mind on other things developing at the gate; we and LJ will go again next season SL will not rock the boat for a long while yet

4 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

There are 2 exceptional sides in this league..............and then the rest.   We might well sneak into the play offs, as every other side bar the top two are so inconsistent.  However if we are fortunate enough to reach the play offs, that is as far as it goes.   LJ has done an excellent job to get us to where we are, then a decision must be made at the end of the season........are we content to remain on the fringes of the top 5/6, or do we want to take it to the next level?  If we are content, LJ stays, but if we truly want to step up to the next level, then we will need a change of mamagement.  LJ manages like he used to pass..........sideways.

9 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

You are very blinkered..... we have some good individuals but that's it... our game plan is weak and it's not the fact we lost to the 2 best teams in the division it's the fact we can't compete and we're not even close.... must be the most unbalanced squad I've seen in ages all bought by LJ but can't fit his better players in any formation it seems now that for me is worrying..... for me we are not making top 6 so don't waste any more time and move him on...... 

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don’t think anyone is surprised at the results of the last 2 games...probably disappointed though, which is fair

I’m very grateful to Lee for the progression, yes he’s had the resources but we are contenders. He has taken us as far as he can, do we cut him loose now? No. Whilst we are in contention it’s not wise in my opinion. Anywhere between 8th and below this season I believe will see Steve cut ties, he wants play offs this season.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

He’ll be here for another season. Sadly. All too cosy.

Now - season ticket renewals anyone?

Genuinely hope you don't so you can stop banging on about how loyal you are and how you've been supporting the team since Atyeo was a YTS. 

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Genuinely hope you don't so you can stop banging on about how loyal you are and how you've been supporting the team since Atyeo was a YTS. 

Oh we’ll renew. We support Bristol City. Have done for decades...loyally...

Managers come and go. 

Archived