IGNORED

When is an acceptable time....

Andy082005

21 minutes ago, bs22 red said:

Lee is a yes man and steve loves the guy 

I don’t buy this ‘ yes man ‘ crap.

He has upped the ante with his statements about ‘ ambition ‘ , he has put himself up to be shot down . ( rather successfully it seems) .

Steve loves the guy and he is far from being alone. LJ is a very personable bloke and he talks a very good game . 

SL will watch the situation closely and hope that LJ succeeds but he won’t keep backing a loser .

The target for this season was to make the playoffs. at the moment we are mathematically still in contention to make playoffs. 

LJ will be under fire if we do not make playoffs this season. Who knows what will happen to him if thats the case..

My thoughts are if we make playoffs and loose out on promotion/getting to Wembely, he stays, to some fans dislike. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Now get someone new in and assess the squad and start forming it how he wants. 

And to save the argument I don’t have any names. A football club would though. No one thought Nuno, Bilic and Bielsa would be championship managers. No one heard of Farke and Wagner before they were promoted. Wilder wasn’t a household name

Johnson, however, is...

image.png.57cda58282a3cfb079ce6c460cb85df0.png

Johnson will never get us promoted,he is unsure of his best team and he's more of a manager that works with players that look to him as God,if he feels there face don't fit with him regardless if it will effect the team he will try to isolate the player,this will be his downfall he needs to play his strongest team week in week out and focus on matters on the pitch 

10 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Johnson has the safest job in football. He’s here for the long haul. Johnson is a yes man who won’t demand more than what Lansdown will give him. Lansdown has Johnson on a leash. It’s the perfect relationship. 

And LJ is happy

He carries on getting all those wages

He says Thank you Mr Lasdown 

57 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think anyone is surprised. The frustration is these are the teams we are supposed to be close to equal to but we have been dominated and embarrassed in both. 

Not sure I agree that we are "supposed" to be equal to the two biggest teams in the division?

We may aspire to be their equals but in many ways we are very far off, and have been all season. Somehow we're 7th and it's an absolute mystery to me how we are.

I've been thinking and basically I want LJ to stay, for now, even though I don't think he will get us promoted unless we get a lucky play off run. I'm aware that will seem a bizarre position.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not sure I agree that we are "supposed" to be equal to the two biggest teams in the division?

We may aspire to be their equals but in many ways we are very far off, and have been all season. Somehow we're 7th and it's an absolute mystery to me how we are.

I've been thinking and basically I want LJ to stay, for now, even though I don't think he will get us promoted unless we get a lucky play off run. I'm aware that will seem a bizarre position.

Tbf I said close to equals. Meaning I don’t care we have lost to the top 2 sides 4 times this year. It is just that we have looked miles apart when we should be playing them close for spells. If almost everything is the same from today’s game except we are a bit brighter and get 4-5 more shots on target, get a goal and lose 3-1 I think it is more understandable. 

As for Leeds they went with a top manager. Wages I think are similar for the squad. Less of an excuse there imo

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not after losing to the two best teams in this division. 

I cannot believe people are surprised that we've lost these two games. Look back at the reverse fixtures, plus the games we've played against Brentford and Barnsley and you could predict these results, and even the performances. High tempo classy teams that take a high number of shots have been our kryptonite this season and today was no different really.

It's the losses to Birmingham, Blackburn, Millwall etc that hurt us. 

Today was far better than last weekend. We had two good chances and they scored two preventable goals. Play that game again and it's a draw or even a lucky win. 

I get the frustrations - we seem to be neither on track for promotion nor playing in an entertaining manner. Those seem to be the two things that fans want and we're doing neither.

But still, see how we do now that we're looking at 12 games against middling teams. 

Spot on - the only thing i disagree with is you said there was 2 gifted goals, i make it all 3

20 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I agree. It would be daft to get rid now, but I hope that behind the scenes that a replacement is being researched to be appointed early in the close season.

Not a chance anything is going on behind the scenes, the sacking of LJ wont be on the agenda, he will be here next season for sure even with a mid table finish.

16 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not after losing to the two best teams in this division. 

I cannot believe people are surprised that we've lost these two games. Look back at the reverse fixtures, plus the games we've played against Brentford and Barnsley and you could predict these results, and even the performances. High tempo classy teams that take a high number of shots have been our kryptonite this season and today was no different really.

It's the losses to Birmingham, Blackburn, Millwall etc that hurt us. 

Today was far better than last weekend. We had two good chances and they scored two preventable goals. Play that game again and it's a draw or even a lucky win. 

I get the frustrations - we seem to be neither on track for promotion nor playing in an entertaining manner. Those seem to be the two things that fans want and we're doing neither.

But still, see how we do now that we're looking at 12 games against middling teams. 

We still have to play 3 teams above us and in the top 6; Forest, Fulham and Preston who are 3pts and 13 goals away from us overhauling at the moment, (not middling teams) oh and we have to play them at fortress AG last game of the season.

Add in the 5 teams right below us and you will see that improvement is required to get anywhere near.....imo we will finish with a wimper as normal and around 12th; which if we do will be worse than the prev 2 seasons.

The issue is that 3 games ago we still had to play the top 12 teams excluding Brentford and we were only just in a play off spot. 

I don't think we're going to be in a play off position again this season unless we suddenly change our style of play entirely. 

I've been saying for months that our style of play and tactics are what's holding us back now, the squad is capable of a top 6 position, it's just the tactics that aren't there. I appreciate what LJ has done but we need a step up in the manager position now to progress, the longer we wait to replace him the more likely we are to lose key players and potentially lose a strong position. 

18 hours ago, Langford Red said:

I can not believe Desilva saying we were as good as them but for the mistakes 

•  

I haven’t seen that comment.

What I did see yesterday afternoon was a team in red that were a million miles short of the opposition - we were not remotely close to them ,mistakes or not. I wasn’t at Elland Rd last week but I did watch the LUTV stream - same story.

Not surprised by either result but both performances were very poor.

Lee picked the wrong team and tactic yesterday, and played into their hands.

He is young, but certainly not inexperienced and I don’t believe he can take us any further but he will still be here this time next year.

Losses against better clubs I can take. It’s the manner of defeat that I can’t take. We are like a bunch of one legged ducks swimming in circles without any tactical nouse. We have no creativity whatsoever, our dead ball situations are far too predictable, we are frightened of the ball, frightened of the physical challenge, wasteful with precious opportunities, and the way we set up and change tactics must come from a tombola. 

Out identity is that of the manager, someone who is desperately clutching at straws. 

We see players join and add spark and yet within weeks they are just as confused as the rest of the team.

None of the pre-match words even slightly resemble what is served up on the pitch for the following 90 minutes, and then the post match excuses are just as lame as our style of play, round and round in circles.

We could well be finishing mid-table this year if things stay the same.

23 hours ago, glos old boy said:

He will still be here this time next season and SL has things just nice at this nice club. ?

According to Chippenham Red and I quote 'you don't know that' close quote. For embellishment... Don't talk pants or, please do talk pants. Is it back to front or front to back or maybe just 4-4-2. Ask Lee, he seems to have a clue. Or maybe not. Lee? Leave the boy alone.

Archived