IGNORED

Fighting outside Dolman?

Henry

6 hours ago, RedM said:

Don't know it was anything to do with the bang yesterday but for the Bears match today searches were stepped up. Bags were searched which I know is normal but a bit hit and miss, but everyone without fail had to open coats. I did ask what they were looking for in particular and was told 'anything really, especially aerosols'

You are always going to get some Rovers fans attending Bears matches, oh sorry you said 'aerosols' 

I followed city in the sixties and seventies avidly both home and away and although the cost of thekids and mortgage was the reason i stopped going to watch , I have always followed and intended to start going again.

now in my seventies I’ve have indeed gone to watch some recent games and in my naivety in thought the mindless violence of my youth was a thing of the past.

in the dolman stand against Birmingham I was bombasted with ninety five minutes of disgusting language by an individual several rows behind whose vocabulary consisted of four letter words. In the crowd around me were women, and young children.

I can’t obviously talk for them and as obviously as snowflake I found what should have been a good day out uncomfortable.

now I read of fighting taking place as well and I’m wondering wether I want to renew my membership next year and place myself in an hostile envoirment and can’t help wondering wether I’m alone thinking this

On 22 February 2020 at 22:20, pongo88 said:

Perhaps? My experiences in both sports have shown that football has a greater number of idiots however. 

On 23/02/2020 at 10:33, citysimmo said:

I think the point is that whilst incidents do happen at other sports (e.g. Rugby, horse racing and boxing), they get nothing like the same publicity as when something happens at football. Only a couple of weeks ago at the Scotland vs England rugby match a member of the England management team was hit by a beer bottle believed (at the time) to have been thrown by a Scotland supporter. Outside match reports and rugby specific press this received very little coverage in comparison whereas if it had happened at football this would have been headline news

What titles do you count as ‘rugby specific press’?

On 23/02/2020 at 12:07, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure that was the a few rows in front of me after they scored their 3rd goal.

The lad who was challenged looked older than 12, and to be fair, I didn't see them celebrating, but it wouldn't surprise me if those sitting closer to them heard 'positive noises' about them scoring.

They were foolish to go in the home end - if they couldn't get a ticket for the away end, accept that the game has sold old from your perspective. And even more foolish to make their allegiance known sitting in a home section. 

That said, it was all somewhat unnecessary.

There have been a few times when I have ended up in a wrong end, and it's just plain common sense to keep everything zipped, even "in this day and age". Rightly or wrongly, anyone who does otherwise really should not complain about any consequences suffered!? And in fairness, a hefty clip around the ear is the worse that will happen now. Unnecessary yes, unexpected no. But rarely, I am in complete agreement with you :) 

5 hours ago, MattWSM said:

does anyone else find this a boring thread  with so many more positive things to talk about rather than violence or potential violence, it's all about kids who cant handle their beer, generally

Very boring, I was hoping for juicier stories. Instead, sounds like a few dozen lads aged 16-25 ran around for a bit and shouted at each other. 

7 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Perhaps? My experiences in both sports have shown that football has a greater number of idiots however. 

But on the flip side, also a greater number of top fellas. The random acts of kindness you sometimes get at football are priceless. So many times been helped out by total strangers in far flung places (and, hopefully, I like to think have returned the favour to others). Even the bad people at football are capable of goodness and it's a little unfair to think otherwise unless actually supporting such claim. 

On 23/02/2020 at 16:03, RedM said:

Don't know it was anything to do with the bang yesterday but for the Bears match today searches were stepped up. Bags were searched which I know is normal but a bit hit and miss, but everyone without fail had to open coats. I did ask what they were looking for in particular and was told 'anything really, especially aerosols'

Arseholes with aerosols?

Sprays the Lord !

On 23/02/2020 at 10:48, Bristol Rob said:

Questions :

1. How did this plum get hold of two tickets, presumably not having had a purchasing history?

2.Were the stewards able to establish the seat numbers and therefore check whether these seats were SC holders or purchased by City fans ?

3. Is the club able to take civil action against fans being in the wrong part of the ground ? This happens far too often and is behaviour most definitely provicative whatever some may say abouthome fans being  knuckle dragging neanderthals etc etc.

If City fans were found in the Preston end last game of the season they would definitely be at risk of a banning order or worse.

11 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Questions :

1. How did this plum get hold of two tickets, presumably not having had a purchasing history?

2.Were the stewards able to establish the seat numbers and therefore check whether these seats were SC holders or purchased by City fans ?

3. Is the club able to take civil action against fans being in the wrong part of the ground ? This happens far too often and is behaviour most definitely provicative whatever some may say abouthome fans being  knuckle dragging neanderthals etc etc.

If City fans were found in the Preston end last game of the season they would definitely be at risk of a banning order or worse.

It's not necessarily provocative. If people can't watch a football match side by side, there's something wrong. Unless they're actively being provocative

What gave him away I wonder? Did he state it.

Reason I ask is that it will likely always happen that there will be fans in the wrong part of the ground- and not just at AG either, but those who sit on their hands may well escape detection. I am assuming this one gave himself away in some sense?

That said, quite simply- don't do it- just too risky!

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What gave him away I wonder? Did he state it.

Reason I ask is that it will likely always happen that there will be fans in the wrong part of the ground- and not just at AG either, but those who sit on their hands may well escape detection. I am assuming this one gave himself away in some sense?

That said, quite simply- don't do it- just too risky!

Someone at work said he jumped up to celebrate the third goal

I’ve watched us win at Swindon from the home end and had no trouble because I didn’t celebrate 

• Admin

West Brom fan Adrian Chiles has accused his fellow fans of fighting during their win over Bristol City last week.

The Baggies romped to a 3-0 win against City at the weekend to continue what seems to be a march to promotion and possibly the Championship title.

Yet TV presenter Chiles, who was in attendance at Ashton Gate and is a well-known Baggies fan, wrote in the Guardian that the gloss was taken off the win by seeing two fans fighting each other.

He said: "I had a funny old day on Saturday. It began with a melee at a football ground in Bristol, and ended at a dinner at Balliol College, Oxford where I tried to hold my own in conversation with an economist, a cardiologist and an endocrinologist.

"There wasn’t a lot of time between these two engagements, so I had to wear my dinner suit beneath my big West Brom coat.

"As we won 3-0, I suppose I will now have to wear this formal outfit for every game henceforth.

"Seeing our third goal go in was a highlight.

"The lowlight was the appalling sight of two of our fans fighting in the away end just in front of me.

"They were both extremely large and wild-eyed, and knocked bells out of each other with great enthusiasm. No idea what they were fighting about; we were playing really well."

Bristol Live contacted Avon and Somerset Police to find out if any fans had been arrested during the game, but they failed to respond.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/knocked-bells-out-each-other-3897288

On 23/02/2020 at 16:07, JulieH said:

Just back from leave, had a few text messages about yesterday but will update tomorrow once I get the full facts and figures 

I enclose an update from the recent qpr game which commented on fan behaviour, unfortunately some of the comments were not quite so grateful 

it is difficult to highlight good fan behaviour without sounding patronising, but something we are keen to do .

18D7DE31-E2AB-4FAC-82A8-9C62FA7AC530.png

Well?

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

Well?

4 arrests from that game so far 

2 wba fans and 2 bcfc fans

The 2 bcfc fans are currently released under investigation for cctv to be investigated 

1 wba Fan has been charged to court for a public order offence 

1 Wba fan came on the pitch will be given a conditional caution which involves a 16 week ban from football and a requirement to attend an educational course regarding acceptable behaviour at football matches 
a further male from bcfc will be dealt with hopefully next week for throwing the fire cracker into the away fans. He was identified through cctv 

Archived