Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Henry

Fighting outside Dolman?

Was pretty tasty with the police when I left...lots of posturing but didn’t see any fighting but that was 5 mins before match finished not sure what happen after 

All I saw were some West Brom fans who’d been celebrating down the steps getting pulled out and then our usual band of useless idiots rush to the first sign of trouble to try and start something.

Hopefully CCTV picked them up and then can be banned, otherwise we’ll never be able to have decent numbers of away fans.

• Like 2
  • Snake 2

9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Police were also busy down by ASDA

He wasnt too happy that the Old Bill (allegedly) knocked his Mum about abit.....this is genuine and not a p155 take. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Anyone see what happened?

Yep. 

As I left 2 blokes (well, one about 17 or 18) were wrestling with the police in front of my son who was in his wheelchair. Cowards. The police won. 

I think they couldn't cope with the goading from the adjacent WBA fans. One overweight a-hole who was clearly pissed carried on exchanging abuse, but looked like a right tit, given we were 3 down at the time. 

He looked ripe for a coronary. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

It's times like this I wish football fans were more like rugby fans.

Rugby fans who cause on average more disorder than football fans?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Like the one who punched that woman in the face who was stood with her child???

• Like 1

The problem with these sort of things is a small minority of fans can give the majority a bad name. Before the match I was in a pub that was packed with lots of West Brom fans. There was no problem, just good banter. After the match, along Ashton Road,  a lot of West Brom fans were noisy and unruly, but not causing any real trouble. Those that were involved in any real trouble were probably a small percentage of those who attended the match

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Those that were involved in any real trouble were probably a small percentage of those who attended the match

And that’s the problem. We won’t hear 22,000 odd fans went to a football match and behaved just fine, we’ll hear about a few dozen who let themselves and their clubs down. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

What middle class

I’ve not much idea where or how class barriers are defined, but I would suspect that many of those at AG today would be middle class.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

And that’s the problem. We won’t hear 22,000 odd fans went to a football match and behaved just fine, we’ll hear about a few dozen who let themselves and their clubs down. 

It will be all over the Post tomorrow - now they`ve read about it on here.

That`s Sunday`s clickbait sorted.

The most trouble I've ever seen at a rugby match was a group of lads arguing about who's round it was, and who was going to get those 2 pint jugs refilled😂

So many morons at football. They let the rest of us, and our club down. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Eighteen ninetyfour said:

Someone also threw a firecracker into the West Brom fans, 

Idiot springs to mind...

Was that the massive bang that was heard on the radio. Commentators assumed WBA fans brought it in.

If one of ours threw it, I hope they’re banned and get to enjoy some words with the Police.

10 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Was that the massive bang that was heard on the radio. Commentators assumed WBA fans brought it in.

If one of ours threw it, I hope they’re banned and get to enjoy some words with the Police.

I heard it in the SS, have no idea what or where it was. Thought it was in SS to be honest

8 minutes ago, shelts said:

Trouble outside the Spanish bar and up the road. Horses and dogs and policeman!!

I was waiting outside Aldi for the bus, there wasn’t any trouble, the mounted police were just trying to divert the West Brom fans down Greenway Bush Lane. Couldn’t see what was going on down by the Spanish Bar

2 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

I don’t. I’ve caught the train home tonight with football fans and all is quiet. Same journey with rugger buggers and there is stamping, hitting windows and other general symptoms of being a manual manipulator that cannot hold their cider.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The most trouble I've ever seen at a rugby match was a group of lads arguing about who's round it was, and who was going to get those 2 pint jugs refilled😂

So many morons at football. They let the rest of us, and our club down. 

Jim, you’ve obviously led a very sheltered life with regards to violence at rugby matches. Here are just 3 examples at Ashton Gate.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/video-emerges-rugby-fan-punching-2683063.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/students-rugby-brawl-were-like-16804.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/09/26/friday-night-crowd-fracas-at-bristol-is-latest-example-of-rugbys/amp/

• Like 5

I get that this is a football forum, and that we are necessarily competitive with rugby fans. We think they’re posh passionless toffs, they think we’re common Neanderthals. I get it. 

but let’s focus on the facts. As a whole, There’s a lot less trouble at rugby than at football. Look at the intro to one of the articles linked above: “Has it really come to this – a punch-up between fans at a rugby match? Not in all my years covering the game have I heard of such an incident.“

(Sorry off formatting, am on my phone.)

there just isn’t the level of anger at rugby there is at football. Bristol and bar grand sit side by side cheering - can you imagine that with us and the gas? Hell no. 

2 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I get that this is a football forum, and that we are necessarily competitive with rugby fans. We think they’re posh passionless toffs, they think we’re common Neanderthals. I get it. 

but let’s focus on the facts. As a whole, There’s a lot less trouble at rugby than at football. Look at the intro to one of the articles linked above: “Has it really come to this – a punch-up between fans at a rugby match? Not in all my years covering the game have I heard of such an incident.“

(Sorry off formatting, am on my phone.)

there just isn’t the level of anger at rugby there is at football. Bristol and bar grand sit side by side cheering - can you imagine that with us and the gas? Hell no. 

Whats your point? 

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Whats your point? 

Well I guess Just to say that the comments on here about violence at rugby may be right highlighting individual incidents, but aren’t right overall. Football has more of a problem and we are kidding ourselves if we don’t recognize that. 

5 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Saw something kicking off near KFC, some guy was giving it large and someone was trying to put him in a black van it was all very bizarre 

it was nuts, one guy (late 20s) jumped out of a van and tried to fight any City fan who wanted a pop. At one stage he was trading punches with 4 or 5. The an older guy (50s), jumped out the van and dragged him in. The older guy had to speed off as the younger guy was trying to get out the van to start fighting again. Later I saw the van pulled over by ASDA Bemmy and Old Bill nicking the younger guy who they had kneeling in the street. Either he is the new Tyson Fury or he has a screw loose as he really wanted to fight the world.

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

Well I guess Just to say that the comments on here about violence at rugby may be right highlighting individual incidents, but aren’t right overall. Football has more of a problem and we are kidding ourselves if we don’t recognize that. 

It's just reported more at football in the press, trouble at rugby just generally gets swept under the carpet. That meat head who punched a women in the face at the Bristol rugby match was politely asked to leave and there was a small story about in the post. If that happened at football it would have been front page news all over the country and the fan would probably be in prison now. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

it was nuts, one guy (late 20s) jumped out of a van and tried to fight any City fan who wanted a pop. At one stage he was trading punches with 4 or 5. The an older guy (50s), jumped out the van and dragged him in. The older guy had to speed off as the younger guy was trying to get out the van to start fighting again. Later I saw the van pulled over by ASDA Bemmy and Old Bill nicking the younger guy who they had kneeling in the street. Either he is the new Tyson Fury or he has a screw loose as he really wanted to fight the world.

Looked like he’d lost his shirt😀

Grow up lads. 

We got schooled by a very good team. 

Crack on with your pathetic rumblings in the park, it won’t change the result.

0-3 

And we were shite. As always.

• Rovers 1

6 hours ago, Eighteen ninetyfour said:

Someone also threw a firecracker into the West Brom fans, 

Idiot springs to mind...

My daughter who saw the flash of it - I just heard it - seemed to think it was thrown by a West Brom fan.

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My daughter who saw the flash of it - I just heard it - seemed to think it was thrown by a West Brom fan.

I was walking past as it happened. The fella who threw it immediately got wrestled to the floor by about 5 officers. Landed on the segregation netting i believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Packman said:

It's just reported more at football in the press, trouble at rugby just generally gets swept under the carpet. That meat head who punched a women in the face at the Bristol rugby match was politely asked to leave and there was a small story about in the post. If that happened at football it would have been front page news all over the country and the fan would probably be in prison now. 

This is just made up BS.

It wasn't a meat head who punched the mother, it was a middle/aging Worcester supporter who was annoyed at her kids for waving Bristol flags in the seats in front. He was well out of line and she came over to tell him as such and got hit. I believe she also may have landed one in retaliation, certainly didn't back down anyway. The guy has been banned for life from both Sixways and Ashton Gate AFAIK. Very weird incident.

I don't know if any charges were brought, better ask the OB they might know. Wasn't tribalism/rivalry just an angry, lone man and could have happened anywhere really.

23 minutes ago, Rinkadink said:

This is just made up BS.

It wasn't a meat head who punched the mother, it was a middle/aging Worcester supporter who was annoyed at her kids for waving Bristol flags in the seats in front. He was well out of line and she came over to tell him as such and got hit. I believe she also may have landed one in retaliation, certainly didn't back down anyway. The guy has been banned for life from both Sixways and Ashton Gate AFAIK. Very weird incident.

I don't know if any charges were brought, better ask the OB they might know. Wasn't tribalism/rivalry just an angry, lone man and could have happened anywhere really.

Should get a prison sentence like he would at football. . I played 400 plus rugby games before I'm told I know jack shit.