IGNORED

They were better than us......

Robbored

It’s that simple.

Sawyers and Livermore bossed the game against a desperately lightweight City midfield even tho we gifted all three goals they were the better team by quite a margin and highlighted just much City have to improve to reach the same standard.

I was particularly impressed with their pressing and also their fans who sang and chanted for the entire match.

So......zero points from the two matches against the best teams in the Championship............:dunno:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s that simple.

Sawyers and Livermore bossed the game against a desperately lightweight City midfield even tho we gifted all three goals they were the better team by quite a margin and highlighted just much City have to improve to reach the same standard.

I was particularly impressed with their pressing and also their fans who sang and chanted for the entire match.

So......zero points from the two matches against the best teams in the Championship............:dunno:

We didn't even compete. Our midfield is as weak and clueless now as it was 4 years ago. 

The coaches and 'Head Coach' are quite simply....not good enough 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We didn't even compete. Our midfield is as weak and clueless now as it was 4 years ago. 

Yep agree we were weak after the first goal but I did think the first 30 mins we more than competed, had a good shape and quite a bit of possession and it was actually a really tasty enjoyable game to watch

we fell apart after the first goal

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep agree we were weak after the first goal but I did think the first 30 mins we more than competed, had a good shape and quite a bit of possession and it was actually a really tasty enjoyable game to watch

That throw in by O’Dowda??. Add in the fact that he is 1000000% gutless and he would never represent the club again if I was in charge. If ever a player does not deserve to wear our shirt........:

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

We held our own at the back in that first 30 minutes, bit every time we tried to break forward....we looked void of ideas. We didn't create any angles, we didn't utilise any width....we didn't look like we could even get a ball under control 

....then they scored and it was game over 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That throw in by O’Dowda??. Add in the fact that he is 1000000% gutless and he would never represent the club again if I was in charge. If ever a player does not deserve to wear our shirt........:

Yep agree mate he is a dreadful excuse for a footballer get rid of we can find any buyer in the summer

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yep.....but the question is - why were City so poor? 

To me it was simply the quality of the opposition. They were excellent and exactly why they’re top of the Championship.

You're right that the quality of the opposition is a big factor. But to play poorly week in, week out at home is simply not good enough. We're only where we are because the Championship is so poor this season

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me it was simply the quality of the opposition. They were excellent and exactly why they’re top of the Championship.

Why did O’Dowda throw a hospital ball to Henriksen, what was Fammy thinking, why did Bentley display parks goalkeeper handling skills, what went through Ashley Williams head? Simple questions, not rocket science is it?

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why did O’Dowda throw a hospital ball to Henriksen, what was Fammy thinking, why did Bentley display parks goalkeeper handling skills, what went through Ashley Williams head? Simple questions, not rocket science is it?

Individual errors aren’t down to the way a team is playing.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Why is everyone blaming O’Dowda for the throw in?! Have you watched it back? Whilst yes, Jay was an easier ball it was a pretty standard throw in that a championship midfielder should be able to control and move on pretty simply. Henriksen was at fault for being so slow, which he and quite a few others were guilty of a number of times today. 

3 points behind Leeds at the time we played them.. only 5 places between us at West Brom.. just shows the mentality of the club, the players and some fans that we're just happy to be playing these teams..

I don't expect to win but I expect us to show a bit more fight and act like a team going for the play offs, and not just there for a nice day out and watch these big scary teams outplay us like they both did..

23 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

3 points behind Leeds at the time we played them.. only 5 places between us at West Brom.. just shows the mentality of the club, the players and some fans that we're just happy to be playing these teams..

I don't expect to win but I expect us to show a bit more fight and act like a team going for the play offs, and not just there for a nice day out and watch these big scary teams outplay us like they both did..

Yep forget the manager and the in/out debate. Everyone at the club talks about competing for promotion yet the performances were like we were playing two legs against Liverpool. Weren’t close to either team. It is the complete lack of belief that frustrates most people. There was not a single minute in the last 180 where I felt we were a threat to the opposing keepers. 

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s that simple.

There have been many sides who have been better than us this season and we have somehow scraped a result,I guess what you mean it that we were punished by a team who can finish chances as opposed to the Barnsley’s etc 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Christ. I’m worried....

I agree with everything you’ve said ?

We were poor at Leeds and we were poor today. In fact we’ve been poor all season.

Our league position has flattered us for too long. As did our Carabao cup run.

Under Lansdown, Ashton and Johnson this will be as good as it gets. Papered over cracks, mediocrity football.

Time to arrange some talking therapy I think. Under these clowns we’re going nowhere. Fast.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s that simple.

It’s actually zero points from 4 games in total this season. Convincingly beaten in every one of those games.

and 4 goals conceded in the last two games with probably one decent shot on target in 180 minutes. 

not good.

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There have been many sides who have been better than us this season and we have somehow scraped a result,I guess what you mean it that we were punished by a team who can finish chances as opposed to the Barnsley’s etc 

As they have just said on TALKSPORT West Brom may be good, but we didn’t have to gift them the win. 

We matched them for the first 20 minutes or so, but after that we were out-classed and out-played all over the pitch.

How many passes that we made failed to connect with a fellow player?  At least 30 I think.

Nagy was the worst offender in giving away possession. He should have been taken off earlier. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but we had just one shot on target  today and that was Wells's dipping shot in extra time which was tipped over the bar. 

Forget promotion this season. 

Even in the unlikely event that we make the play-offs, Fulham or (more likely) Brentford will win them.

A very depressing afternoon. 

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

You're right of course but there are posters on here that will not acknowledge that, we were second best in almost all areas, it hurts me to have to say that but today it was the truth, it didn't help that certain players helped WBA cause both accidently and through sheer incompetence I leave you to decide which was which, but it has to be said that as I sat there today I was asking myself why are they so much better than us it's something I can't answer without risking the wrath of the posters that think LJ walks on water but after todays performance it's hard to argue against the fact that today he met a better team and manager, does anyone think differently?

Archived