IGNORED

Nagy and Massengo

Hocca

What awful business this looks now. Nagy in particular looks like an 8 year old on the pitch who is just full of complete panic and nerves. He’s supposed to be the one to set the tempo and control our possession but he cannot do that in the slightest.

Massengo is similar in that he hasn’t a clue what to do in possession but at least unlike Nagy he’s tenacious and can make good interceptions and tackles out of possession.

Massengo being 18 obviously has time to improve but Nagy is just simply not good enough unfortunately.

These just look like two complete panic signings and really doesn’t show our foreign scouting system in a good light.

Its well known that hes been homesick, but more importantly still is not 100%. 

People forget how good he was on his debut. Literally ran the game before tiring. 

The big issue is the overall lack of identity in our playing style. Means the midfield, the main decision makers, can only go off of how theyre trained. 

Mental how much Nagy has regressed. 100% a player in the there, you don’t rack up the amount of Seria A apps and full international caps for no reason.. the performance against Brum was outstanding earlier in the season too but as has been suggested it sounds as if he isn’t settling off the pitch for whatever reason.

16 minutes ago, Hocca said:

What awful business this looks now. Nagy in particular looks like an 8 year old on the pitch who is just full of complete panic and nerves. He’s supposed to be the one to set the tempo and control our possession but he cannot do that in the slightest.

Massengo is similar in that he hasn’t a clue what to do in possession but at least unlike Nagy he’s tenacious and can make good interceptions and tackles out of possession.

Massengo being 18 obviously has time to improve but Nagy is just simply not good enough unfortunately.

These just look like two complete panic signings and really doesn’t show our foreign scouting system in a good light.

I miss Marlon!

Slow he may be but we sure miss the majority of his midfield play from getting the ball from defence to tidying up defensively. 
We may have got a good deal for him but we sure miss him. 

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I miss Marlon!

Slow he may be but we sure miss the majority of his midfield play from getting the ball from defence to tidying up defensively. 
We may have got a good deal for him but we sure miss him. 

I think everyone would take Pack over any of our current midfielders, but they’re just scared to admit it

13 minutes ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Couldn't make the game today, but listening to the radio it sounded like Nagy gave it away every time he had the ball.

Yep. Pretty much. And it wasn’t ‘challenging’ passes he was attempting. He couldn’t pass 5-10 yards to feet. Might as well have been in a yellow/green shirt, he passed it to their players more than our own. 
Absolutely awful. I’d go so far as to say that was one of the worst midfield performances I’ve seen in a City shirt ever. When we made the double substitution I was astonished that his number wasn’t up!  

He clearly has zero composure on the ball. When the ball comes to him I swear his heart rate goes up to 150! He looks panicked and rushed. Truly truly awful. 

It's funny, I watched the game and one thing for sure he wasn't nervous at all. He moves like this always and released the ball quickly which wasn't a succes in the second half. He started very well then faded and made mistakes and bad passes as he tired. It seems to me that in this 442 (which suits none of the midfielders and  should be dropped btw) he had a more forward role which is unusual for me and therefore for him as well. That said I was surprised that he was like the 3rd best passer in the team.  What I also noticed was that Henriksen is outstandingly slow. 

Nagy is injured and Should not be playing at the moment, he looks off the pace and not wanting to go into a tackle

Tackling wasn't the problem, its what he did with the ball when he had it, Passing was awful. I have to  admire him for his attitude tho, even though he must have known he was having a mare, he didn't hide and was always looking/asking  for the ball. could have been different on another day.  Still should have been taken off earlier though.

They were both very good at the start of the season. Massengo in particular, who had half this forum rubbing their hands in glee at the incredible piece of business we’d done, alongside the rumour the only reason we had him is because of a gentlemen’s agreement to sell on to Chelsea. 

Technically gifted players don’t become poor overnight. But maybe they do when forced to play with injury, or in a side so unsettled that every fan has absolutely no idea what the starting lineup will be week to week, and they’re playing to an unidentifiable ‘identity’ every week. 

As others have said, do not forget how good he was until he got whacked against QPR end of the summer, or mid summer even . 

There is a good player in Nagy but his issues, ankle and perhaps settling need sorting.  He did comment in an interview few weeks back about constant shite weather here and simply not what used to.  Makes you wonder

31 minutes ago, Hocca said:

I think everyone would take Pack over any of our current midfielders, but they’re just scared to admit it

I wouldn't!

Korey better, Henriksen looks an upgrade too, though early days.

Massengo will certainly be better in the future and okay something is not right with Nagy. I don't think it's simply his injury.

Add to that Morrell and Walsh coming back in the summer. Was definitely right to get 4 million for Pack.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Pretty much. And it wasn’t ‘challenging’ passes he was attempting. He couldn’t pass 5-10 yards to feet. Might as well have been in a yellow/green shirt, he passed it to their players more than our own. 
Absolutely awful. I’d go so far as to say that was one of the worst midfield performances I’ve seen in a City shirt ever. When we made the double substitution I was astonished that his number wasn’t up!  

He clearly has zero composure on the ball. When the ball comes to him I swear his heart rate goes up to 150! He looks panicked and rushed. Truly truly awful. 

I feel terrible for Nagy having to agree with this, but this is absolutely right. He is a shadow of the player I saw on his debut, whether it is injury, failing to settle or lack of confidence, or being asked to play in a way that doesn’t suit him, something is very wrong. I seriously don’t want him near the team again until something changes for him, it was almost cruel to have him on the pitch today. 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was about to post something very similar.

That was probably the worst passing game I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer in 35 plus years of watching City. 

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

And early season the ‘Groupthink’ on here was crowing about an upgrade, even though it was pretty obvious that a kid, and a guy with no experience of English football, who has not played many games over the past 3 years might struggle. 

It did look like an upgrade. Both were outstanding and both have regressed to an incredible extent. Would rather have Walsh and Morrell in and around the squad to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Hocca said:

2 hours ago, Super said:

I might be wrong but i dont think Nagy really wants to be here. 

Nagy could not pass water. Massengo looks like a player that played well and then got dumped for players who look terrible and his best mate has been sent on loan to effing blackpool 

2 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

It did look like an upgrade. Both were outstanding and both have regressed to an incredible extent. Would rather have Walsh and Morrell in and around the squad to be honest. 

Yep!,

Archived