IGNORED

Nagy and Massengo

Hocca

1 hour ago, Hocca said:

I think everyone would take Pack over any of our current midfielders, but they’re just scared to admit it

I didnt mind seeing Pack go as I thought it meant we were going to get better player/players in his place .This clearly hasnt happened ,what does that say about our recruitment ?

1 hour ago, redordead1 said:

Was about to post something very similar.

That was probably the worst passing game I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer in 35 plus years of watching City. 

I think you only have to go back months, not years, to the Millwall game, for a worse passing performance, and from 10 players all on the same night! 

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Both were recruited to play in the 352 formation we were using at the beginning of the season. Both looked excellent. 

Don’t know about that Stan. They both had decent debuts, but I wouldn’t say any of their performances have been “excellent”. 

56 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Both were recruited to play in the 352 formation we were using at the beginning of the season. Both looked excellent. 

Yep they did to be fair. Maybe we go back to 352 from now on.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don’t know about that Stan. They both had decent debuts, but I wouldn’t say any of their performances have been “excellent”. 

Nagy at Brum and Massengo at Derby stand out in my mind. 

Would Walsh and Morrell have had better seasons up to this point? 

I'll give you all good odds on Massengo going out on loan because "he needs a run of games" in the next couple of years.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep they did to be fair. Maybe we go back to 352 from now on.

3-5-2, 4-4-2, jeez, we can play 7 in the midfield. If none of them have any composure on the ball and an ability to pass 10 yards to a teammate it matters not how many are in there. 

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Nagy at Brum and Massengo at Derby stand out in my mind. 

Would Walsh and Morrell have had better seasons up to this point? 

I'll give you all good odds on Massengo going out on loan because "he needs a run of games" in the next couple of years.

Nagy at Brum was decent. Not excellent by any stretch. Just a decent enough performance. 
Massengo at Derby was good. It was a good team defensive performance. We took our few chances and were under the cosh for the whole 2nd half and defended well. 
In neither of those games were those 2 consistently holding the ball in midfield, retaining possession, passing 5-10 yards and keeping a tempo. Both were defensive performances. 
My issue with the pair of them, but Nagy more so, is that he doesn’t have the composure or technique to play a possession based game. He’s a runner. He has a basic technique. 

5 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Seriously? Brum and QPR Nagy was amazing and everyone was raving about him. 

I wouldn’t say “amazing”. Decent, yes. Amazing, no. 
Anyway, he was decent for those 2 games but had been absolutely shocking in every match since. Shocking. 

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Nagy class v QPR and very good away at Charlton when we changed shape. 

Either way both players well off form or ruined by LJ.

Nonsense.

both players have come from leagues where they’re used to more time on the ball. Championship clubs have found them out. Play the excuse game all you like but it’s up to them to step up and raise their games.

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

3-5-2, 4-4-2, jeez, we can play 7 in the midfield. If none of them have any composure on the ball and an ability to pass 10 yards to a teammate it matters not how many are in there. 

Shape of the team matters a lot when trying to pass the ball.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Nagy at Brum was decent. Not excellent by any stretch. Just a decent enough performance. 
Massengo at Derby was good. It was a good team defensive performance. We took our few chances and were under the cosh for the whole 2nd half and defended well. 
In neither of those games were those 2 consistently holding the ball in midfield, retaining possession, passing 5-10 yards and keeping a tempo. Both were defensive performances. 
My issue with the pair of them, but Nagy more so, is that he doesn’t have the composure or technique to play a possession based game. He’s a runner. He has a basic technique. 

I don't think LJ wants to play a possession based game or at least he's never worked out how to do so effectively.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To add:

16/23 forward

14/15 backward

12/13 sideways

Dont get me wrong, I don’t think he was great yesterday, but not as bad as some suggested.

Agreed - let's get back to 352 with Nagy (if Korey still not fit), Henriksen and one of Pato or KP to feed Fam and Wells......

Unpopular opinion. 

As the season has progressed we're playing more and more 'anti' football. 

Movememt off the ball has got worse and worse as season has progressed to the extent that imo we could play anyone in midfield be it Nagy or Barry Bannan, and still look **** while in possession. 

Lack of Identity and gameplan is crippling. 

Archived