IGNORED

Nagy and Massengo

Hocca

1 minute ago, Harry said:

He is what he said he was in his interview when he joined. 
He himself said he was energetic, would run all day long, said it was something genetic within him that gives him lots of energy, but he needed to learn to not run too much as he often loses shape and discipline because he’s so energetic and full of running. 

As I’ve said before, to summarise that - he’s a runner. 
Our squad is loaded with runners. Guys who will run all day for the cause but have a lack of quality. COD, Weimann, Watkins, Hunt, now Nagy. 

He’s an energetic midfielder, who self-confesses needs to learn more position discipline. 

For a runner (And I know what you mean mate) he doesn’t look a great athlete to me (Certainly not in Championship terms) (Injury maybe a factor) and I’d describe him as a ‘reasonably mobile continuity player’

‘A useful cog in a good and dominant side’

Cant see him winning or affecting many games (And personally if I could recoup our money I would)

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For a runner (And I know what you mean mate) he doesn’t look a great athlete to me (Certainly not in Championship terms) (Injury maybe a factor) and I’d describe him as a ‘reasonably mobile continuity player’

‘A useful cog in a good and dominant side’

Cant see him winning or affecting many games (And personally if I could recoup our money I would)

Think he could do well in a 3, technically sound enough- bit of a continuity player as you say but he'll never be likely flourish in a two- like a lot of our midfielders IMO.

Could see him in a side who dominate the ball more- comes back to your useful cog in a good and dominant side point- wonder if he could play for Leeds e.g.- lots of possession, lots of dominance in most aspects most weeks.

He may or may not be what we need, but I don't think the way we set up does him many favours. Then again could say the same about a fair few players.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think he could do well in a 3, technically sound enough- bit of a continuity player as you say but he'll never be likely flourish in a two- like a lot of our midfielders IMO.

Could see him in a side who dominate the ball more- comes back to your useful cog in a good and dominant side point- wonder if he could play for Leeds e.g.- lots of possession, lots of dominance in most aspects most weeks.

He may or may not be what we need, but I don't think the way we set up does him many favours. Then again could say the same about a fair few players.

Nagy and Massengo are indicative of muddled thinking / poor team building IMHO

IMHO both players who are cogs in a possession based side (Say a Swansea during their successful period) 

( I do wonder what they both think about our complete lack of movement and options for the man in possession !)

So .....we bin Pack......sign them ......ok.........and then.....go to a side, or rather plan.  where we  concede and have less possession and look to hit sides on the counter ......

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta mate , not sure how long for , and ST is a spin of a coin decision 

As for Nagy He’s like a few of our players , would look much better in a dominant side

But - He’s also another weak physical player recruited , and yet we have the astonishing observations on at least two occasions by LJ this season that ‘We lack physicality’

No shit Sherlock ..........And by the way .......ITS YOUR F******G Squad

Im fed up with hearing , after 4 years what we lack tbh 

See ......you’ve set me off now ......? ?

On a serious note mate (And this will go down well) I sat and watched the latter stages of Saturday and thought , actually , West Brom , and Leeds might have done us a favour , aside from the individual errors it showed how far off we actually are at the present time - I don’t think West Brom are a great Championship side , a bit more ‘pragmatic’ under Bilic , and I think they will struggle massively without good recruitment if they go up, ......where does that leave us 

Fair play we’ve ground out some very good away points this season , but we arn’t a good side , and if somehow we limped into the POS and if by some miracle stumbled through them , even with signings IMHO we would get absolutely obliterated in the Prem at the moment , it would be humiliating 

And trips to Aldershot in Freight Rover still seem like the best ! ??

Yeh Aldershot away (some good memories).  Great days following City. We would have the door kicked in at 6am if it was in 2020. STs are not for me. Just pick and choose my games now whilst Johnson is there. Like a lot I know.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

So do you think he had a good game? Do you think he could’ve done a helluva lot better. Or are you just gonna say my analysis is shit? 
Thoroughly good contribution squire 

No idea wasnt there. I admire your effort though.

6 hours ago, Harry said:

He is what he said he was in his interview when he joined. 
He himself said he was energetic, would run all day long, said it was something genetic within him that gives him lots of energy, but he needed to learn to not run too much as he often loses shape and discipline because he’s so energetic and full of running. 

As I’ve said before, to summarise that - he’s a runner. 
Our squad is loaded with runners. Guys who will run all day for the cause but have a lack of quality. COD, Weimann, Watkins, Hunt, now Nagy. 

He’s an energetic midfielder, who self-confesses needs to learn more position discipline. 

Agree with that and Bob and Mr P too.  I like the term “continuity” players.  I think both have wrongly been described as DMs.  I think both want to chase down the ball, intercept etc.  Now are they playing to instruction to “go hunt the ball” or being ill-disciplined.  If ill disciplined id expect more from the Hungarian international, than the 18 year old kid living abroad for the first time.

In both player’s early games they played with Brownhill, in a 2, in a predominant 5212 (with Palmer).  Against Brum, I thought Brownhill showed good leadership alongside Nagy, fluidity, but discipline to make sure one of them always “stayed at home”.  Similar first half v QPR, until Nagy injured by his own player.  Even more so after that with Brownhill playing the fatherly figure to Massengo - second half v  QPR, Derby, etc.  Massengo getting rave reviews against Swansea I think.

Harry - in these games it looked like some of Pack’s instincts had rubbed off on Josh!!!

What I don’t know with Nagy is how much the injury, home-sickness, confidence has affected him.  I worry he is weak mentally, but some of that might be matter of fact translation when interviewed.  Did he really mean “it’s cold and wet here” or did his vocab stop him describing it as he would in his native tongue?

Massengo, has played more minutes than envisaged.  I think he’s done ok, if I then look at him in context of being 18, he’s done better than well imho.

Both would probably have complimented Pack more than Brownhill (who had to adjust his game at the same time) and settled in better as a result.

I’m reserving judgement at this point.  I don’t disagree with any of your views, but do think there are mitigating circumstances to some extent.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:09, winsaw said:

Nagy is injured and Should not be playing at the moment, he looks off the pace and not wanting to go into a tackle for fair of making things worse, just don't think we are going to see him his best until he hears things sorted out, 

Bit like O'dire he bottled every challenge on Saturday and provided absolutely nothing 

Archived