IGNORED

‘We won’t make it under Johnson’

firstdivision

We haven’t ‘made it’ under anyone for 44 years, which suggests it’s not that straightforward. 

Here are some more facts I came across - under Lee Johnson we have finished 18th, 17th, 11th and 8th in the last four seasons. We are 7th with 12 games left. Not the clearest case for a sacking I’ve ever seen, but there are lots of people on social media saying he has to go, so I suppose it, er, must be time.

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

We haven’t ‘made it’ under anyone for 44 years, which suggests it’s not that straightforward. 

Here are some more facts I came across - under Lee Johnson we have finished 18th, 17th, 11th and 8th in the last four seasons. We are 7th with 12 games left. Not the clearest case for a sacking I’ve ever seen, but there are lots of people on social media saying he has to go, so I suppose it, er, must be time.

Only teams with a footballing philosophy get promoted...they also need consistency in terms of selection and roles.....we have none of this.

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Just staleness more than anything. 
Oh that and his boring, unworkable and lightweight 442 formation he seems obsessed with sticking too. Plus picking several mini mees in his own mould that are far too lightweight for this division, let along the outdated 442 he insists on. 
Time to move on, regardless of ‘improvement year on year’ asthe football is stale, boring and so negative its depressing. 

You cannot compare the open chequebook seasons that he has had with any previous City manager who has been on an absolute fraction of the budget that he has to work with.

Our operating loss has been £25m for each of the last two seasons.

In 2005 that was £1.8m.

2006 £2.7m

2007 £2.6m

2008 £1.9m

We are losing more every single year than we used to lose in a decade.

Gary Johnson would have taken us up with this budget as would Steve Cotterill.  With either of them in charge would have walked it.

The Lansdown family is spending enough to give us the Championship equivalent of a Formula 1 Mercedes-AMG and yet they are letting the work experience boy drive it and wondering why we aren't winning.

right-stop-that-stop-that-its-silly-very

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You cannot compare the open chequebook seasons that he has had with any previous City manager who has been on an absolute fraction of the budget that he has to work with.

Our operating loss has been £25m for each of the last two seasons.

In 2005 that was £1.8m.

2006 £2.7m

2007 £2.6m

2008 £1.9m

We are losing more every single year than we used to lose in a decade.

Gary Johnson would have taken us up with this budget as would Steve Cotterill.  With either of them in charge would have walked it.

The Lansdown family is spending enough to give us the Championship equivalent of a Formula 1 Mercedes-AMG and yet they are letting the work experience boy drive it and wondering why we aren't winning.

right-stop-that-stop-that-its-silly-very

Those figures only mean something if you compare them to the amount the teams we are competing with are spending and spent in the years you refer to.

Eg Fulham have parachute payments now. And WBA.

I’m pretty sure our wages, for example, are no where near the biggest in the Championship.

We’ve also sold £65m worth of players in the last 18 months.

Archived