IGNORED

"There wasn't a lot in it" ............

handballbygordonparr

We kept getting away with playing it out and the back until we finally didn't. An extra body in there can help make up for mistakes. But also those mistakes happen less with more passing options when playing it out the back.

There wasn't a lot in it?

WTF is LJ smoking?

The reality is

• Our play in the first half hour didn't put WBA under any pressure at all and let them settle nicely
  • We made error after error in midfield and eventually WBA scored without getting out of second gear
  • The match was over from that time on because they outnumbered us in midfield where they also had more quality, leaving us to lump it ineffectively at Fam and isolating our wingers
  • We didn't get a shot on goal until the 88th minute
  • The shape and selection was entirely wrong

In the interview he heaps the blame on the players making individual errors but players who are confused and low on confidence will make mistakes at any level.  Why set up in such a way that mistakes are more likely to get punished?  It would only be justifiable if we'd created a few chances, we didn't manage that even at the start of the match when the opposition were chilling out and relaxing.

It's quite annoying that "we win" but "they lose".

17 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I thought that was his job.....and clearly failing. 

worst type of coach you can have, one that will never take responsibility

He never takes responsibility.  Who can forget that hammering we had by Preston and the players stumped up the cash for the away fans.

Johnson certainly didnt put himself forward for any blame on that one

16 minutes ago, Nibor said:

WTF is LJ smoking?

The reality is

• Our play in the first half hour didn't put WBA under any pressure at all and let them settle nicely
  • We made error after error in midfield and eventually WBA scored without getting out of second gear
  • The match was over from that time on because they outnumbered us in midfield where they also had more quality, leaving us to lump it ineffectively at Fam and isolating our wingers

In the interview he heaps the blame on the players making individual errors but players who are confused and low on confidence will make mistakes at any level.  Why set up in such a way that mistakes are more likely to get punished?  It would only be justifiable if we'd created a few chances, we didn't manage that even at the start of the match when the opposition were chilling out and relaxing.

To be fair our haul of points over the last few seasons has been good the  football not so 

The big problem with him is that is he arrogant to the point of blindness , nothing is his fault, always others , mainly players , he is such a poor man manager it is staggering, forever slagging off your work force does not get you the results and attitude you want in any business.

Know for a fact through people I know personally that if you fall with out with a Johnson, from Basso to Palmer you have no chance , if your face doesn’t fit forget it 

I am afraid nothing will change while Uncle Steve makes the decisions but I do believe if a competent manager with some man management skills came in this  talented squad would easily get in the play offs not so sure with LJ

I think he could have been forgiving of the players given it's a new centre back pairing, a new central midfield pairing and a new forward pairing. Also consider 2 were loanees.

If I was LJ, I'd be pushing that point and giving the players an excuse.

We need to be up for it Tuesday.

If we got points for bluster and excuses, and talking a good game..........we would be top of the league.   LJ's a nice bloke, but come the end of the season, he needs to be dispensed with. or else we will continue to under perform.  Sorry to bring up Sheff Utd, but whereas they are greater than the sum of their parts.......we are undountedly less than the sum of our parts.   We have good players, but no identity or ongoing pattern of play.  As someone has already alluded to, we are a soft touch. ?

On BBC LJ is quoted as saying if we'd pulled one back at 0-2 it would have been The Alamo at their end. That's the WBA goal in case you're wondering. Seems the bloke thinks can say whatever he likes & expect to get away with it. He's had plenty of practice, mind. The Alamo was a 10 day siege. Now I get it, 240 hours & we would have equalised....... or lost 15-1.

6 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

On BBC LJ is quoted as saying if we'd pulled one back at 0-2 it would have been The Alamo at their end. That's the WBA goal in case you're wondering. Seems the bloke thinks can say whatever he likes & expect to get away with it. He's had plenty of practice, mind. The Alamo was a 10 day siege. Now I get it, 240 hours & we would have equalised....... or lost 15-1.

Why didn't they just pretent it was 1-2 and have the Alamo at 0-2?

Mentally weak. 

Why is it seemingly OK to say  thanks to Cotts but we need to move on, and not OK to say the same to LJ?

The guy has no doubt worked really hard, is very capable and has the club at heart.

He doesn’t in my opinion have what it takes to gain promotion, either automatically or via the play offs in the current way the club  is operating.

He is to a degree a victim of his own success due to the clubs buy cheap sell at a profit model, nevertheless I don’t believe he has the ability required to take us to the promised land.

Two things need to change.

The first is the manager, SL needs to realise that although it won’t guarantee promotion, hiring a manager who has already achieved it carries some weight, and would give us the push we clearly need.

The second thing that needs to change is the model, selling the likes of Brownhill for a couple of million more than  we would have got for him in the summer was wrong purely on a football level and should not have happened.

Thanks LJ, you did your very best, but we need to move on.

SL you need to take stock and make the necessary changes, your buying the Rugby premiership with your player signings, AND you have a coach who can deliver.

If a premier league club comes in it is nearly impossible to keep a player as even if you dig your heels right in you have a player disillusioned and pulling out of tackles. 

the club have to sell to create revenue unless anyone thinks that SL should just keep funding purchases ad infinitum 

11 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Fair play to him, he’s a quite remarkable bluffer. 

"Somebody has to step into Josh Brownhill’s shoes".

How about one of the 5 other midfield players you have signed this season alone then?

"and they have to do that in their own way, not be Josh Brownhill, but be the best version of themselves"

meaningless drivel

"I didn’t think there was an awful lot in the game."

Astonishing.

30 minutes ago, NickJ said:

"Somebody has to step into Josh Brownhill’s shoes".

How about one of the 5 other midfield players you have signed this season alone then?

"and they have to do that in their own way, not be Josh Brownhill, but be the best version of themselves"

meaningless drivel

"I didn’t think there was an awful lot in the game."

Astonishing.

There was an ‘awful lot ‘ of schoolboy football from a collection of bewildered individuals in Red shirts who had lost before even taking to the pitch .

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 

13 hours ago, Nibor said:

WTF is LJ smoking?

The reality is

Exactly. LJ may as well say, "I've set the team up to play to our weaknesses."

Archived