IGNORED

"There wasn't a lot in it" ............

handballbygordonparr

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

"Somebody has to step into Josh Brownhill’s shoes".

How about one of the 5 other midfield players you have signed this season alone then?

"and they have to do that in their own way, not be Josh Brownhill, but be the best version of themselves"

meaningless drivel

"I didn’t think there was an awful lot in the game."

Astonishing.

The bloke should try stand up, or the circus.

Having watched the highlights of the game that I attended yesterday........it is apparent that all 3 goals are the result of our mistakes, WBA didn''t have to create, as they were handed victory on a plate.  The more I watch the 2nd goal, the more i wonder if it might not be a good time to bring Maenpaa back for a while, Bentley has a distinct habit of parrying the ball back into danger areas, and rarely holds onto shots,  It was also apparent how we constantly held onto the ball too long in vunerable areas, instead of passing or laying the ball off.  Henriksen for the first and Fama for the second......and  the numerous other times, where we got away with it.  Also we were outfought and out thought in midfield, where we were generally outclassed, just like last week at Leeds......but with more organisation and better game management we could have got at least a draw.  It was disappointing, but i can see us recovering from this, if we get our act together.?.........all is not lost, but it is obvious how big the gap is between the top two and us.

14 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Having watched the highlights of the game that I attended yesterday........it is apparent that all 3 goals are the result of our mistakes, WBA didn''t have to create, as they were handed victory on a plate.  The more I watch the 2nd goal, the more i wonder if it might not be a good time to bring Maenpaa back for a while, Bentley has a distinct habit of parrying the ball back into danger areas, and rarely holds onto shots,  It was also apparent how we constantly held onto the ball too long in vunerable areas, instead of passing or laying the ball off.  Henriksen for the first and Fama for the second......and  the numerous other times, where we got away with it.  Also we were outfought and out thought in midfield, where we were generally outclassed, just like last week at Leeds......but with more organisation and better game management we could have got at least a draw.  It was disappointing, but i can see us recovering from this, if we get our act together.?.........all is not lost, but it is obvious how big the gap is between the top two and us.

Good post.

I'm becoming increasingly underwhelmed with Bentley. It's not that he doesn't just not hold on to shots, he has a nasty habit of batting the ball right back into danger instead of getting it away to the side. Neither does he command his area.  The most expensive and least of an upgrade in keeper I've seen. If we were desperate for a keeper then signing him might have been understandable.

I thought (thankfully) we'd started to play out from the back less, but yesterday we couldn't do it enough. It's fine if you can beat the press but we just managed to put ourselves under pressure time after time for no reason - we can't pass the ball up the field very well, so why on earth try to against that attack. WBA must have though it was still Christmas.

We've got a big week coming up.

It’s never his fault.

I am not advocating his firing, but it really annoys me how arrogant he can be. 

Its always the players fault, implying that if only they listened to him correctly and executed, we would already be in the prem. 

22 hours ago, MelksRed said:

If he won't grip them when they play badly he doesn't deserve the money he's paid......which is why we have consistently poor performances week in week out.....there are no consequences to in action or poor performances...

Worst mistake you can be in any type of management is wanting to be everyone's mate. 

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

- after the previous game he said he was “hoping to see the best version of individuals” - he trots out the same crap over and over, he thinks we are thick and will just lap it up ... 

It’s a bit silly, because if he worded it slightly different it wouldn’t even be mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a bit silly, because if he worded it slightly different it wouldn’t even be mentioned.

Exactly! Warnock would have said “My players can play better than that, I wanted to see them play as well as they can, but they let me down” - job done, no sniggering, no ridicule just realisation that the gaffer was correct ...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Exactly! Warnock would have said “My players can play better than that, I wanted to see them play as well as they can, but they let me down” - job done, no sniggering, no ridicule just realisation that the gaffer was correct ...

Colin has a history of throwing his players under the bus for defeats. I know you have a 2020 calendar of him in your kitchen but don’t be delusional.

23 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Colin has a history of throwing his players under the bus for defeats. I know you have a 2020 calendar of him in your kitchen but don’t be delusional.

My post including a fictional, yet predicted, quote from Neil Warnock clearly featured him blaming his players, hence the inclusion of  the words “they let me down” - so, yet more “utter drivel” from yourself ...and calling him ‘Colin’ is just cringe ... you were probably just a bit too excited about posting your “hilarious” comment about me having a Warnock calendar to actually read my post properly ? Your post is obviously part of the fallout from our conversation on here yesterday when I called you out for trying to regulate free speech on this forum - nothing is personal Tony x3 - relax ...

On 22/02/2020 at 18:59, Nibor said:

There wasn't a lot in it?

WTF is LJ smoking?

The reality is

• Our play in the first half hour didn't put WBA under any pressure at all and let them settle nicely
  • We made error after error in midfield and eventually WBA scored without getting out of second gear
  • The match was over from that time on because they outnumbered us in midfield where they also had more quality, leaving us to lump it ineffectively at Fam and isolating our wingers
  • We didn't get a shot on goal until the 88th minute
  • The shape and selection was entirely wrong

In the interview he heaps the blame on the players making individual errors but players who are confused and low on confidence will make mistakes at any level.  Why set up in such a way that mistakes are more likely to get punished?  It would only be justifiable if we'd created a few chances, we didn't manage that even at the start of the match when the opposition were chilling out and relaxing.

It's quite annoying that "we win" but "they lose".

Just can’t watch or listen to his after match comments anymore, just end up being more and more annoyed by them.?

On 22/02/2020 at 18:40, handballbygordonparr said:

Lee says he will not chastise the players but they made bad decisions and lots of errors. 

They need to inspire each other and inspire the staff!

Just Listened to this on Twentyman’s SOTC.

I asked the players to incite and inspire us and everyone else.  The staff do a great job at this football club.

???

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just Listened to this on Twentyman’s SOTC.

I asked the players to incite and inspire us and everyone else.  The staff do a great job at this football club.

???

The staff of course including himself.

What a gutless, *****. Happy for the praise, equally happy to deflect all responsibility for failure onto others.

Players will not trust a boss who absolves himself of any blame publicly.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:50, JonDolman said:

We kept getting away with playing it out and the back until we finally didn't. An extra body in there can help make up for mistakes. But also those mistakes happen less with more passing options when playing it out the back.

You dont get in LJ's good books by doing things right (because sometimes they may go wrong) you get in his good book by getting the best stats you can. That is why nobody is showing for the ball when we try to play it out.

If they dont pass it to me I cant be blamed for a mistake

This is how LJ played during his time

Archived