IGNORED

Bentley

E.G.Red

Didn’t think our goalkeeper had their best game today. Seemed to lose concentration . I know it was a mistake by Ashley Williams for their 3rd goal , but Bentley moved position. Also not so keen on punching everything out, and never that far. What’s wrong with catching the ball? Think he has started to believe his own hype and so would like to see Nicky back in.

3 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Definitely needs dropping. He's had a bad run after an incredible start to the season but if I'm the goalie that doesn’t get a kit on because of the club developed ruling I want my chance.

Just tweaked it slightly.

Bentley has done well, but we’ve seen some poor mistakes of late.

He certainly has got into the habit of punching or changing the ball down rather than catching it. We will never know if it was the same for both goalies due to the conditions today, as we never tested the West Brom Keeper. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well Maenpaa was bloody brilliant last season. Don't think Bentley has been bad though. But he has got more mistakes in him than Maenpaa.

Maenpaa is a more solid keeper I think. Can't remember a mistake he made last season. Bentley has got away with a fair few drops and shots he's not pushed away properly which luckily hasn't gone punished. The mistakes the Brentford fans said about last season are similar to what he's doing now. I think he's quite erratic sometimes 

Maenpaa is nowhere near Bentley in terms of Ability. 

I wonder how many other keepers face 15-20 shots a match? I think since the start of the year only 2 matches he’s faced less than 15 in a match!

Bound to see more mistakes then.

Bentley had a poor game, but he’s won us a lot of points this season.

Bentley is a good keeper, but he will never be a great one until he stops pushing the ball back out into danger areas. He needs to get rid of those teflon non stick gloves, if you can't hold onto it, at least push it wide.  The second goal today was entirely down to him, it was a weak shot that should have been held.

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He's not that much of an upgrade on Niki who could have had Max as his understudy - did the youngster make any errors on a par with the 2nd goal today when he had that run in the team, I can't recall one.

Another £2M spent that IMHO needn't have been.

There was 1 game Max had a bit of a mare, can't remember who against, maybe Rotherham away? 

31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I wonder how many other keepers face 15-20 shots a match? I think since the start of the year only 2 matches he’s faced less than 15 in a match!

Yes, but I think mistakes are starting to creep in. If he thinks he’s going to be the first name on the sheet, he’s going to get too comfortable , same as any other player . 

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I think Maenpaa is a lot better at dealing with crosses. Bentley stays on his line a lot or does a weak punch. Maenpaa would come and often catch it. 

Distribution? Well I thought Bentley was supposed to be better in this area but I'm not so sure he is. Maenpaa quick long throws out to wings or kicks up field usually very good. Bentley has at times been erratic with his kicking.

Handling? With the ones Bentley drops and Maenpaa being the more reliable keeper, I'd have to say Maenpaa is better in this area too.

I'd say Bentley probably has better reflexes and is quicker on his feet. Obviously can improve too because he's still pretty young for a goalkeeper.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Same guy who stopped us from being beat 5-0 last week.

True.........but consistency is everything........same guy who gave WBA their second goal today, he did exactly the same for Brentfords second goal earlier this season. He has a habit of parrying the ball into danger areas instead of catching it.  He is good, but inconsistent IMHO.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just tweaked it slightly.

Bentley has done well, but we’ve seen some poor mistakes of late.

I don't think it would hurt to change him this week. Not a punishment exactly, but time out to work on the weaker points of his recent games. We have a more than able replacement as well - who, at this stage of their relative careers, has a much better all round game. 

18 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Definitely needs dropping. He's had a bad run after an incredible start to the season but if I'm the sub GK I want my chance.

I wonder if has anything to do with his new baby ? 
perhaps missing out on some sleep or home life a bit hectic ? :dunno:

Anyhow , he is definitely in credit but poor old Nikki finds himself out of the match day squads to accommodate Woolacott the ‘ home grown ‘ player . What a load of big bouncy bollocks that is. 

18 hours ago, petehinton said:

Same guy who stopped us from being beat 5-0 last week.

Exactly. Bentley had a poor game.

I like Maenpaa, and I'm glad he's here to give Bents some competition.

BUT you drop if they have a few poor games, not if they have one crap one after an outstanding one the week before.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Exactly. Bentley had a poor game.

I like Maenpaa, and I'm glad he's here to give Bents some competition.

BUT you drop if they have a few poor games, not if they have one crap one after an outstanding one the week before.

Unfortunately RR, Bentley has a problem with both catching and holding on to the ball and parrying it back into play or to a following up forward. Its happened several times and I'm convinced opposing teams are aware of this.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Unfortunately RR, Bentley has a problem with both catching and holding on to the ball and parrying it back into play or to a following up forward. Its happened several times and I'm convinced opposing teams are aware of this.

Not always, but I accept he looked that way yesterday. 

Archived