IGNORED

Bentley

E.G.Red

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Maenpaa has been very harshly treated here. He made one mistake in the whole of last season, Blackburn scored from a corner. He was a key part of our lowest GC in the division for many many years. 

Maenpaa is much better on crosses than Bentley but much less showy on his shot saving. 

Is he injured ?

4 hours ago, allinpaul said:

quite simply the worst goalkeeper in my 50 years of watching Bristol city makes some good stops but always and I mean always parry's it straight back to an opponent hence doubling sometimes trebling the amount of shots on target

Evening Niki ???

Fair point............but different defences don't prevent him from holding onto the ball, rather than parrying back out again.  I'm not trying to belittle Bentley, but he has a definite weakness in his game, one which has cost us a few goals. I am certain opposing coaches are aware of it

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Just over 2 weeks ago he'd been part of a defensive unit that had kept 4 clean sheets in a row. Then last week he almost singlehandedly prevented us from getting a 6 or 7 goal hiding at Leeds.

And people want him 'rested' (just use the word 'dropped', lads. It'll mean the same thing)...

Exactly this. Once we lose games, it is inevitable someone will be the scapegoat and Goalkeeping errors always attract more attention than mistakes elsewhere on the pitch. But Bentley is the absolute least of our problems. I agree Maenpaa is unlucky to be out the team after a great season last season but I think Bentley is by far the better goalkeeper. I'd accept Maenpaa makes less mistakes but I also think Bentley makes saves that Maenpaa would not be able to pull off. 

He’s absolutely fine.

Yes he could command his box better and I’m no fan of modern keepers being coached to never catch a ball, but if excelled in these areas he’d be in the national team, his shot stopping and distribution are excellent.

Our keeper isn’t the problem with this club.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He’s absolutely fine.

Yes he could command his box better and I’m no fan of modern keepers being coached to never catch a ball, but if excelled in these areas he’d be in the national team, his shit stopping and distribution are excellent.

Our keeper isn’t the problem with this club.

Nickname Imodium?

On 24/02/2020 at 10:20, Clutton Caveman said:

Playing behind a different defence each week cannot help

I think he's a bit shell shocked and a couple of weeks on the bench would help

Well he’s Captain tonight, so let’s see how that goes. Hope taking the cricket analogy, that he has a Captains innings.

Archived