IGNORED

The Big Niclas Eliasson Elephant In the room

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

But when RB call these guys e ery week, what is their agenda - or do you think the same two opinions (all are valid but I rarely agree with) out of 22,000are a sensible sample? 

I don’t think two people are representative at all.  I agree with some points, not all.  It’s easy to go on and say “he set up wrong” or whatever.  There is no magical formation.  What there is / needs to be is a plan.  Today I didn’t really see one.

40 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

But when RB call these guys e ery week, what is their agenda - or do you think the same two opinions (all are valid but I rarely agree with) out of 22,000are a sensible sample? 

You’re welcome to call in yourself if you’re bored of the same callers each week. I assume you own a phone? 

This myth that we were much better playing 3-5-2 is starting to annoy me a bit.  We weren't really playing any better then or grinding out results either, that's why we had to start including Eliasson from the start anyway.

Would be madness to throw out our most creative player, especially given how little we create even with him.

5 minutes ago, Roe said:

This myth that we were much better playing 3-5-2 is starting to annoy me a bit.  We weren't really playing any better then or grinding out results either, that's why we had to start including Eliasson from the start anyway.

Would be madness to throw out our most creative player, especially given how little we create even with him.

Goals hasn’t been a problem all season, irrespective of system.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Goals hasn’t been a problem all season, irrespective of system.

Creating chances has been a big issue though.  Regardless of how much weight you put into it, us being near bottom of expected goals all season is not a promising sign.

4 minutes ago, Roe said:

Creating chances has been a big issue though.  Regardless of how much weight you put into it, us being near bottom of expected goals all season is not a promising sign.

No, agreed.  Formation doesn’t dictate the intent....and at the mo’, I see little method in home performances.  I don’t go away, but watched virtually every game, and I’d say it’s been a bit of quality somewhere that’s led to a goal rather than a pattern that pays dividends from repetition.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Often, when I listen to Radio Bristol after the game I think Ian - to put it mildly - is a bit of a tool. However, today both him and Mark put their finger on exactly what the main (not only) issue is at the moment. 

Its Eliasson.

Not in any way due to a lack of ability (although form has been poor for a while now), but because as a winger - and that’s what he is, pure and simple - putting him in the side forces us to 4-4-2. We have no other out and out winger - COD plays CM for Ireland, Pato is a 10, Weimann a striker. So 4-4-2 suits nobody but Nic.

4-1-4-1 suits us

5-3-2 or 3-5-2 suits us.

The best 11 players Nic is in. No doubt. But he’s not in the best team. And we really need LJ to understand that and not play him from the start.

Could you start a ‘ Kasey Palmer elephant in the room ‘ thread as well please ? 

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Often, when I listen to Radio Bristol after the game I think Ian - to put it mildly - is a bit of a tool. However, today both him and Mark put their finger on exactly what the main (not only) issue is at the moment. 

Its Eliasson.

Not in any way due to a lack of ability (although form has been poor for a while now), but because as a winger - and that’s what he is, pure and simple - putting him in the side forces us to 4-4-2. We have no other out and out winger - COD plays CM for Ireland, Pato is a 10, Weimann a striker. So 4-4-2 suits nobody but Nic.

4-1-4-1 suits us

5-3-2 or 3-5-2 suits us.

The best 11 players Nic is in. No doubt. But he’s not in the best team. And we really need LJ to understand that and not play him from the start.

Seems to me that the elephant in the room is why he isn't capable of playing in a different role in a structured, well- coached formation, after three years with the club. Albeit he has learnt judo. 

Archived