Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

The Big Niclas Eliasson Elephant In the room


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

 But when RB call these guys e ery week, what is their agenda - or do you think the same two opinions (all are valid but I rarely agree with) out of 22,000are a sensible sample? 

I don’t think two people are representative at all.  I agree with some points, not all.  It’s easy to go on and say “he set up wrong” or whatever.  There is no magical formation.  What there is / needs to be is a plan.  Today I didn’t really see one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

 But when RB call these guys e ery week, what is their agenda - or do you think the same two opinions (all are valid but I rarely agree with) out of 22,000are a sensible sample? 

You’re welcome to call in yourself if you’re bored of the same callers each week. I assume you own a phone? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This myth that we were much better playing 3-5-2 is starting to annoy me a bit.  We weren't really playing any better then or grinding out results either, that's why we had to start including Eliasson from the start anyway.

Would be madness to throw out our most creative player, especially given how little we create even with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roe said:

This myth that we were much better playing 3-5-2 is starting to annoy me a bit.  We weren't really playing any better then or grinding out results either, that's why we had to start including Eliasson from the start anyway.

Would be madness to throw out our most creative player, especially given how little we create even with him.

Goals hasn’t been a problem all season, irrespective of system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Goals hasn’t been a problem all season, irrespective of system.

Creating chances has been a big issue though.  Regardless of how much weight you put into it, us being near bottom of expected goals all season is not a promising sign.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roe said:

Creating chances has been a big issue though.  Regardless of how much weight you put into it, us being near bottom of expected goals all season is not a promising sign.

No, agreed.  Formation doesn’t dictate the intent....and at the mo’, I see little method in home performances.  I don’t go away, but watched virtually every game, and I’d say it’s been a bit of quality somewhere that’s led to a goal rather than a pattern that pays dividends from repetition.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Often, when I listen to Radio Bristol after the game I think Ian - to put it mildly - is a bit of a tool. However, today both him and Mark put their finger on exactly what the main (not only) issue is at the moment. 
 

Its Eliasson.

Not in any way due to a lack of ability (although form has been poor for a while now), but because as a winger - and that’s what he is, pure and simple - putting him in the side forces us to 4-4-2. We have no other out and out winger - COD plays CM for Ireland, Pato is a 10, Weimann a striker. So 4-4-2 suits nobody but Nic.

4-1-4-1 suits us

5-3-2 or 3-5-2 suits us.

The best 11 players Nic is in. No doubt. But he’s not in the best team. And we really need LJ to understand that and not play him from the start.
 

 

 Could you start a ‘ Kasey Palmer elephant in the room ‘ thread as well please ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Often, when I listen to Radio Bristol after the game I think Ian - to put it mildly - is a bit of a tool. However, today both him and Mark put their finger on exactly what the main (not only) issue is at the moment. 
 

Its Eliasson.

Not in any way due to a lack of ability (although form has been poor for a while now), but because as a winger - and that’s what he is, pure and simple - putting him in the side forces us to 4-4-2. We have no other out and out winger - COD plays CM for Ireland, Pato is a 10, Weimann a striker. So 4-4-2 suits nobody but Nic.

4-1-4-1 suits us

5-3-2 or 3-5-2 suits us.

The best 11 players Nic is in. No doubt. But he’s not in the best team. And we really need LJ to understand that and not play him from the start.
 

 

Seems to me that the elephant in the room is why he isn't capable of playing in a different role in a structured, well- coached formation, after three years with the club. Albeit he has learnt judo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...