IGNORED

we MUST Win 7 from 12

headhunter

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

in my opinion if we finish 7th it will be a good season, any less and it will feel like a decline, 6th or above would be a successful season 

7th being an improvement on last season means glacial progression; would that be enough to satisfy SL? Probably. The fans? No. And so onwards we go. At this rate the polar ice cap will melt more quickly. 

Next two games Preston have WBA and Fulham away., hope 0 points for them. If we can take 4 points next two games we are above them. We have Blacburn away and Preston home to play. We are still in a good position to be top six, we have it in our own hands. WBA and Leeds are better than other teams in this leauge, to lose vs them is no catastrofe. We can make it, COYR!!!

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Next two games Preston have WBA and Fulham away., hope 0 points for them. If we can take 4 points next two games we are above them. We have Blacburn away and Preston home to play. We are still in a good position to be top six, we have it in our own hands. WBA and Leeds are better than other teams in this leauge, to lose vs them is no catastrofe. We can make it, COYR!!!

It’s not the ‘ losing ‘ to Leeds and West Brom but the style of the loss .

1-0 v Leeds was the most crushing 1-0 I’ve ever seen but ok there was a bug in the camp .

0-3 v WBA was an embarrassment. We handed them the easiest three points they’ll ever get. 

Comedy defending , powder puff ‘ attack ‘ and non existent midfield. 

We have the players so why isn’t it happening ?

Never understood why people insist on putting this artificial “we must win X from X” targets in place. Truth is it’s the Championship, where everyone beats everyone, and we don’t know how our rivals will do.

What we do know is we need to get four more points than any one of three teams (Brentford, Forest, Preston) with 36 points still available. I wouldn’t bet my house on it, but it’s more than possible.

The most bemusing thing about all this is how Brentford’s GD is 28 better than ours for only 3 more points!

• Admin
7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

7th being an improvement on last season means glacial progression; would that be enough to satisfy SL? Probably. The fans? No. And so onwards we go. At this rate the polar ice cap will melt more quickly. 

This isn't a personal dig at you but I find it amusing it's often spoken about how we are improving each season but when you compare points etc from previous seasons they're pretty much identical it's the opposition that are declining meaning those same points get us in a better position in the league 

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

1-0 v Leeds was the most crushing 1-0 I’ve ever seen but ok there was a bug in the camp .

0-3 v WBA was an embarrassment. We handed them the easiest three points they’ll ever get. 

Yes, we met good teams but were poor. We had a run with four win in a row, not playing so good but the team was hard to beat. We have to go back to that play, keep it simple. Its seldom City play very good football. Our team are not the greatest, I accept that. The team have to sync with midfield and defence thats the mainthing I think. Getting sick when we trying to play us out in defence. We are not Barca or any other good team. We lose often the ball in our own half and then its dangerous. As Cotts said: a long ball is never wrong If its the right adress.

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Johnson

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

This isn't a personal dig at you but I find it amusing it's often spoken about how we are improving each season but when you compare points etc from previous seasons they're pretty much identical it's the opposition that are declining meaning those same points get us in a better position in the league 

I would add to that  and say our squad is getting marginally better year on year too, yet we are only showing marginal gains. Why ?

8 hours ago, MattWSM said:

in my opinion if we finish 7th it will be a good season, any less and it will feel like a decline, 6th or above would be a successful season 

Anything less then a top 6 finish is a failure. 

We have sniffed the top 6 the previous two years, he has been backed massively AGAIN this season....

Top 6 is a must . 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

If thats a fact why aren't we winning more ?............

Its all hypothetical but I wonder how we would have looked if Cotts had had this squad.

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

The issue with that analysis is the points must be going somewhere. If the top teams are getting less points then it means other teams in the league are getting more points and more competitive with the top sides in the division. In which case, if teams outside the play-offs are taking points off are rivals but not us the that still shows the improvement, even if it is not losing where other top six sides are doing so. Ultimately we have no way of knowing whether the teams around us have fewer points than previous seasons because they are getting better or because others are getting worse - hence league position being the most reliable metric to judge from.

48 minutes ago, phantom said:

That type on analysis doesn’t really convince me essentially because the Championship has newly promoted/relegated clubs every season and other clubs either strengthen or become weaker during the windows.

Pretty much every opposition we play are different than the season before.

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Never understood why people insist on putting this artificial “we must win X from X” targets in place. Truth is it’s the Championship, where everyone beats everyone, and we don’t know how our rivals will do.

As the OP on this thread I can see a mixed response of happy clappers, realists and doom mongers - I place myself between the latter two!

The "must win x from x" is a valid target since the end game [number of points for a play-off place] is a hard stop figure. Yes, we could win 8 and lose 4 but with a sequence of draws long overdue I cant see that combo happening.

How many points do you see us needing / getting Chippenham Red? What ever you say will be derived from x wins from x games!

I agree with several others on replies to this and other posts that it is not the defeat from these last two games but the manner of it - in neither have we gone down fighting!!!

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The most bemusing thing about all this is how Brentford’s GD is 28 better than ours for only 3 more points!

That's the style, the manner, the performances - right there in the Goal Difference. That's the evidence in numbers why we are so poor on the eye, and why even most of our wins are pretty grim to witness.

We're still thereabouts, in with a shout, but we're not a good side, and a long way from convincing.

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

I admire your optimism but Preston dont have a soft underbelly like us and i can see them getting something from Wba and especially Fulham.Hope i’m proved wrong though.

Archived