IGNORED

Seat moves in Section 82

Jacki

Does anybody know what’s happening with seat moves in the singing section?

I go to games in a group of 5 adults and 7 and we all stand together at the moment. Our official seat numbers are all over the shop, with some of them not even together in the small family groups. Clearly we all want to stay together.

The information on this from the club has not been very well communicated. Can we choose new seats from tomorrow, or do we have to wait until the March date for seat moves? And will we have to link all our IDs together to make 100% sure we can stand together?  Doing it that way will be a nightmare to coordinate but we’ll do it that way if we have to.

If someone could shed some light what they’re doing to get round all of this it would be really helpful.... 

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Does anybody know what’s happening with seat moves in the singing section?

I go to games in a group of 5 adults and 7 and we all stand together at the moment. Our official seat numbers are all over the shop, with some of them not even together in the small family groups. Clearly we all want to stay together.

The information on this from the club has not been very well communicated. Can we choose new seats from tomorrow, or do we have to wait until the March date for seat moves? And will we have to link all our IDs together to make 100% sure we can stand together?  Doing it that way will be a nightmare to coordinate but we’ll do it that way if we have to.

If someone could shed some light what they’re doing to get round all of this it would be really helpful.... 

Following on the official web site:-

“With details of Season Cards renewals to be published imminently and, as a result of our proposed plans for rail seating, we would kindly ask you to select specific seats when purchasing your Season Card to ensure you can be with friends and family.

“We anticipate these changes to be very popular with supporters who are looking to renew in these blocks, so we would advise selecting your seats as soon as possible.”

Surely though, and perhaps its me being stupid, but surely as its a comparitively small number of you in S82, why dont you just all agree, collectively as an unwritten rule, that you stand where you want. This works well at away games, where you should actually sit in your proper seat, but everyone just accepts that first in , generally get the prime position. Too much hassle to demand a certain seat etc. Buy your tickets and sort it out on the day where to stand. Club's happy because it doesnt realise and you all get to stand where you want.

I was told by @JerrySLO yesterday on Twitter that we would get the option to move seats when renewing but it’s not working.... 

I think the unwritten rule thing is the best idea, but if they do enforce seat numbers my only current option is to keep my own, where my 11 year old is about 15 seats away from the rest of us.

BCFC love to test our patience don’t they ?

@Jacki

Remember this needs to be signed off by the SAG, though I suspect it's a formality or already been done.

I have a feeling that it will literally be conditional or this will be part of the equation at least. Maybe that was part of the sign off conditions that there must be an allocated seat?

To comply with current safety regulations, supporters will need a reserved seat to ensure that the correct number of supporters are in the designated rail/barrier seating blocks. This is subject to approval from the Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

Hopefully it's just box ticking, a formality etc though.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Jacki

Remember this needs to be signed off by the SAG, though I suspect it's a formality or already been done.

I have a feeling that it will literally be conditional or this will be part of the equation at least. Maybe that was part of the sign off conditions that there must be an allocated seat?

I imagine it is all a box ticking exercise like it was for the big cup games a couple of years ago.

Having said that, I’m trying to do the right thing by moving seats and I can’t do it at the moment ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Not for us in the unreserved blocks, had a letter saying we need to select seats if we wish to be with friends/family. This isn’t even possible to do!

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Not in our section apparently. It was supposed to be set up that we could choose new seats straightaway. 

Great news I’ve renewed mine for just two random seats, hopefully I can change it at a later date then ?

2 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Great news I’ve renewed mine for just two random seats, hopefully I can change it at a later date then ?

They should delay rolling out the barrier installation & change into reserved seating now. There is no real increase on capacity, just the 10% previously left unsold. 

Do it the following season and leave things how they are. 

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I imagine it is all a box ticking exercise like it was for the big cup games a couple of years ago.

Having said that, I’m trying to do the right thing by moving seats and I can’t do it at the moment ??‍♂️

You'd certainly hope so.

Probably just teething problems...

Safe standing, looking across at that quadrant over the far side there, what’s the rationale for City to bring back safe standing?

Yes, it was something that was put on my horizon when I returned to City, that there was a desire if the time was right and the safety requirements were met that the club wanted to look at it, it’s predominantly an Ashton Gate project which is the stadium company but obviously it has to be ratified by the rugby club and the football club, safety comes first. Let’s be really clear, we will not put anything forward that puts fans at jeopardy so the Ashton Gate management team sat down with us and said ‘look, we think the time is right that we have found proposals that tick all the boxes, would you like to look at them?’ and we’ve said yes so the Ashton Gate team are stepping through that process and we’ll see where it takes us.

What criteria that must be met to give it the green light from your perspective?

Well, as you can imagine there are a number of safety boxes to be ticked which will ultimately be controlled by the safety advisory group whether that’s the angle of the seat, the angle of the stand, the depth of the seats, there’s a multitude of things but the overall issue for me was that we always want to improve the fan experience and atmosphere but safety comes first full stop, so until we are absolutely clear that it is safe and good to go, we won’t do it but as I said, the Ashton Gate management team genuinely believe that they’re well on their way to dealing with that.

Any timeline on it’s evolution?

To be honest, no. It could be as early as next season, by the start of next season but again, that sits with the safety advisory group, can we get things in place in time? But we will not risk safety.

I get that, totally. How many seats would it affect?

Well the answer to that is, it could affect as many as we wanted it to or as many as the safety advisory group will allow us to but I think the corners we’re looking at here, with the Heineken badge behind it, where our singing section are, that would be an experimental area to make sure that it worked and it was safe and supporters are happy with it and if it worked there, then we can look at probably expanding it to other parts of the stadium.

And it’s been well received from supporters, is that right?

So they tell me, yes. The comments that I’ve had back are very positive.

From Bristol Post site, MA interview- his bits on safe standing.

SAG seem to very much get the final say, a theme that arises several times.

The final bolded bit about this being an experimental area to check logistics, safety etc sounds very promising- if it goes well, expansion to other bits would be explored! ?

Just taken me half an hour on the phone as one of my season tickets is a disabled one. Make sure you check the prices as it wasn’t originally letting me have South Stand prices. Original price was over £900, got it for the right price in the end, the system being used is a shambles, girl on the phone was very helpful and friendly and we got there in the end thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just had a message from a friend who works in the ticket office. It’s currently not working . They are currently fixing problem been to to hold fire until he updates me . 

Good news but too late as people will have reserved seats that they don't even want to stand by. Only option for the club here is to remain unreserved.

1 minute ago, Puckle_red said:

Good news but too late as people will have reserved seats that they don't even want to stand by. Only option for the club here is to remain unreserved.

Exactly I renewed mine at 10 as their wasn’t any option for me to move the seat ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

SAG wouldn't approve that IMO.

Or at best, might approve it but with the accompanying 10% reduction ie the status quo but with rail seating.

4 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Yep plenty already have done. 

Those who have already renewed will now have to wait for seat move day, whilst the rest get to pick once system is sorted out - Did they not rest run this before doing so?? 

Its a shambles as usual with City. 

It must remain unreserved next season because parents & children may not be able to find seats together come seat move day!

Archived